ADVERTISEMENT

Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza virus found in Iowa poultry farm

Get ready for a surge in poultry prices. Once this stuff is detected in the big farms it's already been spread widely, and culling flocks is about the only recourse. The testing always lags the spread.
https://www.kcrg.com/2023/10/20/highly-pathogenic-avian-influenza-case-confirmed-buena-vista-county/
The price of eggs will go back up to $5 a dozen and the federal taxpayers will get to help bail their asses out again. All because the greedy huge factory egg producers insist on placing millions of birds on the same site.

Last edited:
The price of eggs will go back up to $5 a dozen and the federal taxpayers will get to help bailout their asses out again. All because the greedy the huge factory egg producers insist on placing millions of birds on the same site.
One of the reasons I only buy small producer eggs. Pricier during normal times, but worth it.

This is a problem particularly bothersome in Iowa and honestly, there has been virtually no assistance coming from State Ag folks. It seems to be a regular poultry event the last decade.
Well, the State Ag people come in, contain it, and clean it all up. Which is no small feat. But, they can’t prevent the introduction of the virus, which comes from wild birds, and makes its way into the highly concentrated chicken operations, where it explodes.

Well, the State Ag people come in, contain it, and clean it all up. Which is no small feat. But, they can’t prevent the introduction of the virus, which comes from wild birds, and makes its way into the highly concentrated chicken operations, where it explodes.
How about a little PREVENTIoN? The virus is coming from something.
It’s an expensive event….instead of banning books maybe the State needs to put its efforts somewhere else?

Reactions: Gimmered
It’s coming from migratory birds.

What’s your suggestion? Build a giant net around Iowa?
As long as everyone understands this and understands there is nothing man/government can do about the problem...and not complain about the HIGH prices this virus brings with it, I am fine with it. I eat very little chicken and fewer eggs. I just don’t think I should have to further subsidize those farmers who are affected by it. Thanksgiving will be better off with spaghetti any way.

Too. Many. Geese.

down the street walking GIF

Could interest any of you fellows in a bird house that will keep birds in, and bird flu...out.

Kindly contact me at 314-227-7963 and ask for Roy

Plastic-Injection-Molding-Companies-Custom-Bird-House-Plastic-Products.webp

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT