ADVERTISEMENT

The coronavirus is speaking. It’s saying it’s not done with us.

had it last week and have felt worse after eating White Castle than I did with covid
And yet, the Iowa City School District wasn't going to let kids attend school in person in the fall of 2021 until the Governor made them. And, then they sued her to prevent kids from having the choice to attend school in person. In the FALL of 2021.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Checking the OT board the first time in a month+

the-simpsons-bart.gif

Really?

I cited peer reviewed references. And I pointed out the pill form would be superior, when it was still being cited by it's experimental name. WAY before you even knew what "remdesivir" was....
"WAY before you even knew what "remdesivir" was." Really dumb, factually untrue statement.

Pill form is not being used currently, nor approved. Don't deflect from the conversation which is the use of RVD in hospital and how you supported it then and now back tracking. Tell me what was used to approve RVD in the first place? What magical evidence was there that the drug worked inpatient? Please enlighten me.

Reactions: GOHOX69
You still denying these anti-virals work? They are all still recommended by WHO, NIH and most healthcare professionals. There are actual MDs on this site who post Likes to my post about them; you seem to be a bit behind the curve here.
They don't work inpatient which is where the vast majority of RVD use was done. There is LIMITED evidence of it working outpatient from a trial that ended shortly before Delta "unexpectedly". It is NOT being used very much outpatient currently. You're not making a good case here at all.

They don't work inpatient which is where the vast majority of RVD use was done. There is LIMITED evidence of it working outpatient from a trial that ended shortly before Delta "unexpectedly". It is NOT being used very much outpatient currently. You're not making a good case here at all.

Nothing new there. That's his Forte.

"WAY before you even knew what "remdesivir" was." Really dumb, factually untrue statement.

Pill form is not being used currently, nor approved.

LOLWUT?

"Pill form" is the Merck drug, approved under an EUA.
It demonstrated efficacy in early trials; there are better drugs now, but at the time it was one of the few in the game.

They don't work inpatient
Yes. I've stated this for you many many times.

They ONLY work for early infection, NOT after someone already has severe illness. They are NOT indicated for that.

Your buddy @GOHOX69 seems to not understand this, after seeing it posted, repeatedly, AND having actual physicians on this board explain it to him.

LOLWUT?

"Pill form" is the Merck drug, approved under an EUA.
It demonstrated efficacy in early trials; there are better drugs now, but at the time it was one of the few in the game.
RVD is NOT approved in pill form, THAT is what we are talking about not some OTHER drug. Don't be dumb.

Yes. I've stated this for you many many times.

They ONLY work for early infection, NOT after someone already has severe illness. They are NOT indicated for that.

Your buddy @GOHOX69 seems to not understand this, after seeing it posted, repeatedly, AND having actual physicians on this board explain it to him.
YOU did not state previously and HAVE flip flopped your position. You also have not stated how this drug was approved, magically, for use inpatient and was the SOC for covid, while ANY other drug was pushed aside. I thought you believed in science?

@GOHOX69 Joe is consistently wrong with his posts, never admits that he's wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence, and continues to argue his points with moving the goal post. Prime example he moved the goal post here to an oral treatment when the discussion was on RVD, which not a single soul was talking about.

I replied to a post claiming "remdesivir" was no longer recommended for use.

I've provided several links which demonstrate this is NOT the case. Your little buddy won't acknowledge those facts.
That's great! How was RVD magically made SOC and still that way today? You want to answer that? I wouldn't touch RVD with a 10 foot pole inpatient OR outpatient. It's a highly toxic and invasive drug. There are better alternatives.

Good luck with this FDA.

It's how flu vaccines work.

Because Covid is a respiratory virus that mutates very much like flu (contrary to early projections about it), and spreads MUCH more easily than flu.

That's great! How was RVD magically made SOC and still that way today?
Huh?

It's STILL on the list of recommended treatments for specific classes of patients. Call WHO and NIH if you think your Googling-On-The-Toilet analysis supersedes theirs.

• Haha

Because Covid is a respiratory virus that mutates very much like flu (contrary to early projections about it), and spreads MUCH more easily than flu.
Flu shots aren't based on mRNA technology.

COVID-19 is more more infectious because that's what it was engineered to be.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
Good luck with this FDA.

I actually think this is a good idea if data shows efficacy.

I typically get a flu shot each year and have not had a bout of influenza in over a decade.

If they can create a Covid vaccine that is annual -- hopefully that could be taken in conjunction with the flu shot -- I think that would be a great idea.

What are the potential downsides in your mind?

Yes, I am fully boosted, but at least recently less than 20% of adults are. Almost nobody at my large company got the latest (and company didn't even do an on-site clinic like they did for the previous rounds). I believe 50% at best get the flu shot, this will be far less than that in the future (maybe single digits).

I typically get a flu shot each year and have not had a bout of influenza in over a decade.

If they can create a Covid vaccine that is annual -- hopefully that could be taken in conjunction with the flu shot -- I think that would be a great idea.

None in my mind as I am fully boosted. And I also get the flu shot annually. I just don't think the majority of adults will do it (even the flu shot is maybe 50%). Based only on my many coworkers and from what I read, there will not be many takers. But it is worth a try.

None in my mind as I am fully boosted. And I also get the flu shot annually. I just don't think the majority of adults will do it (even the flu shot is maybe 50%). Based only on my many coworkers and from what I read, there will not be many takers. But it is worth a try.
Yeah, well, eff those guys. I'll take it and let them take their chances without.

Yeah, well, eff those guys. I'll take it and let them take their chances without.
You cannot take endless mRNA vaccine doses for the same antigen. If you do, you risk Antibody Dependent Enhancement, which can make a real infection worse or possibly kill you. It's not a zero sum game.

Reactions: Pinehawk
You cannot take endless mRNA vaccine doses for the same antigen. If you do, you risk Antibody Dependent Enhancement, which can make a real infection worse or possibly kill you. It's not a zero sum game.
Will it give me super powers? What ones do I need to take to have X-ray vision? It would be fun to see all the boobies and beav I want!

The Moderna Covid vaccine efficacy was supposed to be around 96%...

Believe what you want to believe, and do what you think is right for you.

LMAO what happened to you arguing that the shots would be just like the vaccinations we receive over the course of childhood? Are you going to flip flop on that position as well? Because you were absolutely on board with boosters and liking them to childhood vaccines we take. Looks like you're changing positions again when you were wrong once more!

Reactions: Pinehawk
This is pretty much happening now. Great news is that people aren't buying into the booster game.

Huh?

It's STILL on the list of recommended treatments for specific classes of patients. Call WHO and NIH if you think your Googling-On-The-Toilet analysis supersedes theirs.
I'm the one who told you that it's still SOC. I asked you to tell me exactly how it was approved in 2020 to begin with. It's a very easy question, not a "Huh?". There must of been some science around it, Joe. What was it?

Good Lord. Quit making rampant generalizations here.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT