ADVERTISEMENT

Hock out for year

Torn acl and mcl. Sucks!
Sucks! So close to a 100 catch season and entering his prime.

Fortunately, both ligaments can be repaired and rehabilitated at the same time.

Doubt he'll be ready for early 2024 season. Probably won't get back to top form until 2025.

Vikings have some big decisions to make; Cousins, can they keep Jefferson, do they draft another TE as a hedge to TJ's recovery. Lots of needs on D.

Doubt he'll be ready for early 2024 season. Probably won't get back to top form until 2025.

Vikings have some big decisions to make; Cousins, can they keep Jefferson, do they draft another TE as a hedge to TJ's recovery. Lots of needs on D.
They have no choice but to get rid of Cousins' garbage contract.

They have no choice but to get rid of Cousins' garbage contract.

Good thing for TJ that on August 31 he signed that 4 year, $66,000,000 contract extension with the Vikings, which included an $18,000,000 signing bonus and $29,292,000 fully guaranteed at signing.

At the end of this season, TJ's 5 year career earnings will total $39,770,107.

Vikings Head Coach Kevin O'Connell:

"It was a very, very unfortunate play. We've done a nice job [in the NFL] of helping take out some of those head and neck area hits to the defenseless players, [but] some of those low hits can be incredibly catastrophic for guys. It was awful to see that happen."

"Knowing T.J., the type of player he is, I'm absolutely looking forward to when we can get him back rolling and ready to have a great 2024 season."

I feared that when the scrawny D back went low. I hate those low hits on defenseless receivers. More lasting damage to a guy than a targeting hit IMHO...
Ehh maybe in the immediate time frame, but I don't think there's any cases of repeated low hits causing dementia. BTW I also hate the low hits. Tackling should be changed to rugby rules.

That really sucks. First he gets traded to the Vikings, then he has a season-ending injury when he's having a great year. Hopefully he'll heal up and still have a great career.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT