ADVERTISEMENT

Home Depot Founder: I’ll Fund Trump Even If Convicted

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Party of law and order.

Reuters reports:

Republican mega-donor Bernie Marcus said on Tuesday he would likely still give money to Donald Trump’s 2024 presidential bid if the former president was convicted of a crime – but the billionaire does not plan to be one of his biggest financial backers.
Marcus, a co-founder of home improvement retailer the Home Depot announced earlier this month that he was supporting Trump, the runaway frontrunner for the 2024 Republican nomination contest that kicks off on Jan. 15 in Iowa.
Asked in an interview with Reuters whether he would still support Trump if he were convicted, Marcus replied, “I think so. Because I think it’s all trumped up.”
Read the full article. Marcus, 94, retired from Home Depot in 2002. He last appeared here in 2021 when he funded a $1 billion lawsuit against Major League Baseball for moving the All-Star Game out of Atlanta over new voter suppression laws in Georgia. Last week Atlanta was awarded the 2025 All-Star Game. Marcus is Georgia’s richest resident with an estimated net worth of $8.7 billion.

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
Live look in at Lowe’s CEO:

yes-napoleon-dynamite.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT