ADVERTISEMENT

Trump wins partial stay of fraud judgment, allowed to post $175 million

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
An appeals court panel said Monday that former president Donald Trump would be allowed to post a $175 million bond to stave off enforcement of a nearly half-billion dollar civil judgement against him and his business.

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.

The order on Monday morning was a significant win for Trump, who was otherwise facing a massive cash crunch and the prospect of New York Attorney General Letitia James seizing some of his assets as soon as this week.

icon-election.png

Follow Election 2024
The appeals panel gave Trump 10 days to come up with the reduced bond of $175 million.
James, who brought the civil lawsuit against Trump and his company, said Trump misstated the value of his properties and other assets by up to $2.2 billion a year from 2011 to 2021. A judge in February ordered that Trump pay more than $450 million as a penalty. Trump’s attorneys have suggested that he would struggle to finance a bond of that size, saying they had tried and failed to get more than two dozen companies to help secure the bond.

If the courts afforded everyone else as many stays and delays as Trump has gotten nobody would ever be convicted of anything. JFC our court system is a mess.

Yep. Trump is correct that there are two justice systems. But he’s benefiting from the one for powerful rich men.

Courts are gonna do everything they can to bend over backwards for him, but he’s a former President and still has a few powerful friends.

It is what it is. Let the cases keep moving forward.

Yep. Trump is correct that there are two justice systems. But he’s benefiting from the one for powerful rich men.

Courts are gonna do everything they can to bend over backwards for him, but he’s a former President and still has a few powerful friends.

It is what it is. Let the cases keep moving forward.
But they don't move forward. That's the problem. Democrats need to worry less about the mean things Republicans will say about them and bulldoze through significant judicial reforms, especially if they win in November. Republicans would do it.

But they don't move forward. That's the problem. Democrats need to worry less about the mean things Republicans will say about them and bulldoze through significant judicial reforms, especially if they win in November. Republicans would do it.

There won’t be judicial reform at a federal level without 60 democrat senators. At a state level in NY, possibly but I don’t know what reform would prevent this order (haven’t read it yet).

Show a little faith. There’s magic in the night ..

Reactions: cigaretteman
What kind of reforms?

Nobody. NOBODY. other than Trump would get this privilege
"Privilege" lmfao
You got spores in your head. I stand by what I said. Your messiah is a rapist.
I would vote no confidence over either of the two idiots running for the white house this year if it would force both parties to give us new candidates. I'll still take trump over biden all day, though. Shame I've been forced into that corner. You said nonsense before btw. Very brave of you to stand by that tbh haha

• Love
Reactions: Sharky1203
"Privilege" lmfao

I would vote no confidence over either of the two idiots running for the white house this year if it would force both parties to give us new candidates. I'll still take trump over biden all day, though. Shame I've been forced into that corner. You said nonsense before btw. Very brave of you to stand by that tbh haha
Can you give me one good reason biff is worth your vote?

Can you give me one good reason biff is worth your vote?
One? Sure.

Biden lost my vote when he botched the Afghanistan withdrawal, got 13 service members killed (and looked at his watch in the middle of their funeral ceremony) and then droned down a family (including many kids) of a us interpreter/ally and then knowingly lied and claimed he shot down isis terrorists. So basically joe was out for me at the beginning of this disastrous administration.

One? Sure.

Biden lost my vote when he botched the Afghanistan withdrawal, got 13 service members killed (and looked at his watch in the middle of their funeral ceremony) and then droned down a family (including many kids) of a us interpreter/ally and then knowingly lied and claimed he shot down isis terrorists. So basically joe was out for me at the beginning of this disastrous administration.
OK the withdrawal was a cluster. Biden was up against the agreement that biff came up with the date. The DoD did not give the plan until the day before. Many reasons and Biden wanted to leave a small group of soldiers in place but the agreement that biff created did not allow for it.

Do you care about what biff did to kill many Americans during his rule?

One? Sure.

Now reflect on Trump's comments on John McCain and POW's. That ok by you?

OK the withdrawal was a cluster. Biden was up against the agreement that biff came up with the date. The DoD did not give the plan until the day before. Many reasons and Biden wanted to leave a small group of soldiers in place but the agreement that biff created did not allow for it.

Drop the Biff shit,.. Biden refused to allow his hands to be tied by any other "Biff" commitment, but with this one he suddenly had no choice?,.. bullshit.

Do you care about what biff did to kill many Americans during his rule?
You're wrong, Joe biden broke the agreement and pushed the withdrawal date back to September 11 specifically, for obvious optics reasons. He then also rescinded trump EOs pertaining to the withdrawal in general which led to that crisis.

Are you trying to claim trump is 100% responsible for all covid deaths during his presidency? If so, more people died with covid under Joe biden.

Reactions: RicoSuave102954
One? Sure.

How do you feel about the service members in Africa that were killed and Trump couldn't have cared less? And, FTR Trump had more service members killed in 1 year than Biden has in 3 years even counting those who died during the withdraw from Afghanistan.

Drop the Biff shit,.. Biden refused to allow his hands to be tied by any other "Biff" commitment, but with this one he suddenly had no choice?,.. bullshit.
He really didn't because the Taliban was going to attack US forces if they didn't withdraw by the date. Thanks to Trump's mismanagement of the drawdown, the US did not have the forces in place to repel a significant attack from the Taliban and loss of life would have been substantial. Biden literally did not have enough time to reposition forces to correct this from the time he took office to the date Trump set. So, yeah, Biff's stupid ass decisions definitely are directly responsible for the chaos but people like you always give him a pass for every stupid ass thing he did while in office.

How do you feel about the service members in Africa that were killed and Trump couldn't have cared less? And, FTR Trump had more service members killed in 1 year than Biden has in 3 years even counting those who died during the withdraw from Afghanistan.
Obviously, Trump ended "all" the wars by the end of his presidency. He inherited a shit show from Obama/Biden as far as military casualties go. That was one of Trump's main platforms.. You're indirectly giving the man his dues for ending military conflict but somehow saying joe biden is to thank. Hard pass on this take.

He really didn't because the Taliban was going to attack US forces if they didn't withdraw by the date.

Joe changed the date,.. If you're going to do a wholesale pull out of Afghanistan, clue number one, don't do it during the fighting season.

Reactions: Scruddy
Joe changed the date,.. If you're going to do a wholesale pull out of Afghanistan, clue number one, don't do it during the fighting season.
Joe Biden allegedly didn't have time to fix things but pushed back the date himself. Nothing would have stopped him from pushing it back another year. There is no defense for lefties here claiming Joe was hamstrung.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT