ADVERTISEMENT

Honoring Criminals

herkyhawk00

HR Legend
Jan 28, 2008
If people want to speak out on social justice and police brutality, by all means do it. It shocks me, however, how we honor these criminals as model Americans, martyrs, and victims. You have places like the University of Edinburgh renaming a tower after George Floyd, a guy that had a lengthy rap sheet of drugs and armed robbery who had fentanyl and other drugs in his system when he died. What did that guy do to deserve such an honor? Do we think so lowly of the contributions of the black community that we choose to honor a guy of his stature? The Steelers place the name of Antwon Rose Jr on their helmets. A teenager who was killed by police and the facts show this kid was personally involved in a drive-by shooting moments before. We have a vice presidential candidate visiting Jacob Blake and NFL and NBA players putting his name on their back or helmet while he is accused of sexually assaulting a woman and previously had gun charges, assaulting an officer, etc. on his record.

Like I said, though I support cops, I am all for social justice. What this shows, however, is the complete laziness of these athletes to hold up these people in high regard when there are many other "good" people that could be used to support their cases. If you want to honor people that are victims of police brutality, why does it have to be a black person first of all, and why are you honoring the names of people who lived lives of being criminals? Heck, people still praise Michael Brown as some great kid who was a victim of police brutality. These people need to educate themselves on who they choose to honor and speak more on addressing police brutality.

Reactions: Movillehawk
Just remember that MAGAts started a go fund me for a mass shooter and called him a hero. I noticed you left that example out.
what does that have to do with my post? We have a major portion of society that feels it is important to honor people that are not good people. I don't agree with supporting Rittenhouse, but he is not being treated like a hero by athletes and society either. He has people that have supported the finances of his defense much like rioters have had their bails paid for by Biden and his campaign.

Honoring criminals:

636002969589953934-GTY-534714252.jpg

If people want to speak out on social justice and police brutality, by all means do it. It shocks me, however, how we honor these criminals as model Americans, martyrs, and victims. You have places like the University of Edinburgh renaming a tower after George Floyd, a guy that had a lengthy rap sheet of drugs and armed robbery who had fentanyl and other drugs in his system when he died. What did that guy do to deserve such an honor? Do we think so lowly of the contributions of the black community that we choose to honor a guy of his stature? The Steelers place the name of Antwon Rose Jr on their helmets. A teenager who was killed by police and the facts show this kid was personally involved in a drive-by shooting moments before. We have a vice presidential candidate visiting Jacob Blake and NFL and NBA players putting his name on their back or helmet while he is accused of sexually assaulting a woman and previously had gun charges, assaulting an officer, etc. on his record.

Like I said, though I support cops, I am all for social justice. What this shows, however, is the complete laziness of these athletes to hold up these people in high regard when there are many other "good" people that could be used to support their cases. If you want to honor people that are victims of police brutality, why does it have to be a black person first of all, and why are you honoring the names of people who lived lives of being criminals? Heck, people still praise Michael Brown as some great kid who was a victim of police brutality. These people need to educate themselves on who they choose to honor and speak more on addressing police brutality.

Cool Manifesto bro.

This is a perfect example. Maurkice Pouncey wears Antwon Rose’s name on his helmet not even knowing who he was. He finds out more info on it and doesn’t agree with it. People just honor others for what they perceive as police brutality and don’t even know the victim’s background. Yes, it makes a difference. That doesn’t mean people like that deserve to die, but they sure as hell shouldn’t be honored.https://brobible.com/sports/article/steelers-maurkice-pouncey-antwon-rose-jr/

Reactions: Tom Ace
This is a perfect example. Maurkice Pouncey wears Antwon Rose’s name on his helmet not even knowing who he was. He finds out more info on it and doesn’t agree with it. People just honor others for what they perceive as police brutality and don’t even know the victim’s background. Yes, it makes a difference. That doesn’t mean people like that deserve to die, but they sure as hell shouldn’t be honored.https://brobible.com/sports/article/steelers-maurkice-pouncey-antwon-rose-jr/

LOL. Maurkice Pouncey is a garbage person.
AR-812032655.jpg

Reactions: OILCHECKER
No they didn't.

They sure did. Why do you lie so much comrade? Can't compete on the facts?

Go Fund Me and other sites took down fundraisers for Rittenhouse. I mean, if you believe the Washington Times or is that not a crazy enough right source for you.

They sure did. Why do you lie so much comrade? Can't compete on the facts?

Go Fund Me and other sites took down fundraisers for Rittenhouse. I mean, if you believe the Washington Times or is that not a crazy enough right source for you.

He's not a mass shooter. He was the victim of violent assault who was defending himself.

Reactions: CFNiteHawk85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT