ADVERTISEMENT

HostelAlfalfaWilcoxKeto’s Abortion Thoughts Thread

I mean, only in every sense of the word. Goldy is fairly reasonable on abortion. But she still votes for Christian sharia law, so the words are pretty hollow.
What “Christian Sharia” law is this you speak of?
You try hard to be a smartass but you’re not that swell at it. It comes off sounding like frustrated bullshit.
I am extremely reasonable on abortion. Don’t want one don’t get one.

What “Christian Sharia” law is this you speak of?
You try hard to be a smartass but you’re not that swell at it. It comes off sounding like frustrated bullshit.
I am extremely reasonable on abortion. Don’t want one don’t get one.
The policies supported and enacted in multiple states by the party you vote for. You know, the ones that limit medical care to women based on some "morality" that comes from their take on a book written by men about a sky fairy.

You try hard to be coy, but it just comes off as intentionally obtuse.

The policies supported and enacted in multiple states by the party you vote for. You know, the ones that limit medical care to women based on some "morality" that comes from their take on a book written by men about a sky fairy.

You try hard to be coy, but it just comes off as intentionally obtuse.
Damn. I meant to come off as straight up eff you.
I better work on that.

It will not happen.
Of course if women would demand that lover boy would wear a condom then the need for contraceptives would go waaaay down.
This is how restrictions on birth control start. This is what you voted for. I'm sorry that you don't realize that and lash out at people for pointing it out. A guy with no legal standing as far as I can tell got this in front of the 5th circuit, and won.
Here in Iowa our Republican lady governor has tried for multiple legislative sessions to expand access to the pill. She's been smacked down by our legislators, many of whom believe that keeping a sperm from hitting an egg is a sin. You fail to acknowledge or understand that to the absolutists on abortion, things like IVF and the pill are just as bad, and they are running things in your party.
https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03/12/texas-parental-consent-birth-control-fifth-circuit-title-x/

This is how restrictions on birth control start. This is what you voted for. I'm sorry that you don't realize that and lash out at people for pointing it out. A guy with no legal standing as far as I can tell got this in front of the 5th circuit, and won.
Here in Iowa our Republican lady governor has tried for multiple legislative sessions to expand access to the pill. She's been smacked down by our legislators, many of whom believe that keeping a sperm from hitting an egg is a sin. You fail to acknowledge or understand that to the absolutists on abortion, things like IVF and the pill are just as bad, and they are running things in your party.
https://www.texastribune.org/2024/03/12/texas-parental-consent-birth-control-fifth-circuit-title-x/
I always said the religious right would be the death of the Republican Party. I wish they could be kicked to the curb. It would be a bloodbath for republicans for several election cycles, but eventually, many would leave the Democrats in favor of Republicans. Come at me bro!

I always said the religious right would be the death of the Republican Party. I wish they could be kicked to the curb. It would be a bloodbath for republicans for several election cycles, but eventually, many would leave the Democrats in favor of Republicans. Come at me bro!
Barry Goldwater tried to warn his fellow Republicans what would happen.

I’m past the age of reproductive worries but I came up during a time just when women were starting to be in charge of our own bodies.
You’re linking an article from a Texas source and I don’t believe the movement to take away women’s rights is widespread or a real trend.
The issue has become so twisted and needlessly complex that I agree with most people that there will be an explosion of purple on many political maps. Texas will go purple if they let this small vocal bunch of “Duggar Dummies” rule the day.

I think your opinion about me “lashing out” is ridiculously exaggerated.

My philosophy about abortion is consistent and pretty uncomplicated: Don’t like abortion? Don’t get one.

Am I a fan of it as basic birth control? No. But it’s not my body. I’ve recounted before on this site a true story of a young woman I knew in college. She didn’t want her parents to possibly find out if she got on the pill. So instead she had FIVE abortions and when she got married (never told the guy who married her about her history) she couldn’t get pregnant. Not a happy situation. Does that happen to every woman? No but it’s just an example of a possible complication from multiple procedures.
Abortion is not in my top considerations when deciding who to vote for and polls have shown a large percentage of voters have a similar position.
The last 50 years have devolved into the woman taking the most responsibility for birth control especially for young women who aren’t on the pill. A whole generation of young men need to learn to take more responsibility as well. Put on a glove if you want some love.

I’m past the age of reproductive worries but I came up during a time just when women were starting to be in charge of our own bodies.
You’re linking an article from a Texas source and I don’t believe the movement to take away women’s rights is widespread or a real trend.
The issue has become so twisted and needlessly complex that I agree with most people that there will be an explosion of purple on many political maps. Texas will go purple if they let this small vocal bunch of “Duggar Dummies” rule the day.

My philosophy about abortion is consistent and pretty uncomplicated: Don’t like abortion? Don’t get one.

Am I a fan of it as basic birth control? No. But it’s not my body. I’ve recounted before on this site a true story of a young woman I knew in college. She didn’t want her parents to possibly find out if she got on the pill. So instead she had FIVE abortions and when she got married (never told the guy who married her about her history) she couldn’t get pregnant. Not a happy situation. Does that happen to every woman? No but it’s just an example of a possible complication from multiple procedures.
Abortion is not in my top considerations when deciding who to vote for and polls have shown a large percentage of voters have a similar position.
The last 50 years have devolved into the woman taking the most responsibility for birth control especially for young women who aren’t on the pill. A whole generation of young men need to learn to take more responsibility as well. Put on a glove if you want some love.
Overturning Roe and the Dobbs case was a 50 year slog for the Pro Life movement. It was built case by case, state by state. Do not dismiss one case from Texas. The Pro Life zealots do not know compromise.
Do not fool yourself into thinking birth control isn't at stake. Do not make it so simple is if you don't like something, don't do it. The point is to take away the choice from women around the country, and impose religious views on the majority.

Last edited:
Overturning Roe and the Dobbs case was a 50 year slog for the Pro Life movement. It was built case by case, state by state. Do not dismiss one case from Texas. The Pro Life zealots do not know compromise.
Do not fool yourself into thinking birth control is at stake. Do not make it so simple is if you don't like something, don't do it. The point is to take away the choice from women around the country, and impose religious views on the majority.
That was the nail in the coffin for Republicans, and a huge reason why they’ll lose yet again. Dems are smart for putting Abortion measures on the ballots this election cycle.

That was the nail in the coffin for Republicans, and a huge reason why they’ll lose yet again. Dems are smart for putting Abortion measures on the ballots this election cycle.
Which is why it isn't on the ballot in Iowa, and Republicans are fighting so hard to keep it off the ballot in Florida. The, "return it to the states", crowd is petrified of their electorate having a choice in the matter.

FYI: This was precisely what I'd warned would happen when the Republican "allowance" for abortions in the cases of rape or incest were proposed.

And I was told by the God-Squadders that this was "nonsense" and wouldn't happen.
You know good and well it's not that simple and you are providing a narrative.

Put another way... You want to keep abortions legal cause black babies are 5x likely to die over 2x Hispanics compared to whites. "I knew this would happen". Margret Sanger is your hero right?

Do not fool yourself into thinking birth control isn't at stake. Do not make it so simple is if you don't like something, don't do it. The point is to take away the choice from women around the country, and impose religious views on the majority.
I don’t really disagree with the points you make.
If the single cult minded Duggar Dummies cower legislators into thinking they represent the majority of voters then R’s deserve what comes next,

Which is why it isn't on the ballot in Iowa, and Republicans are fighting so hard to keep it off the ballot in Florida. The, "return it to the states", crowd is petrified of their electorate having a choice in the matter.
It’s on in Arizona and if I recall, they’re trying to get it on the swing states where it matters.

Prior to now, reproductive rights were never in my top considerations either. Because I truly didn't believe it would really ever come to this. Now it is a major consideration even though I too am well past reproductive age. I have to believe that there are a significant number like me. Naive to the reality of how in danger women's rights really were. We won't make that mistake again.

Prior to now, reproductive rights were never in my top considerations either. Because I truly didn't believe it would really ever come to this. Now it is a major consideration even though I too am well past reproductive age. I have to believe that there are a significant number like me. Naive to the reality of how in danger women's rights really were. We won't make that mistake again.

And you'll make that a consideration on behalf of other people who ARE in their reproductive years, because you actually care about the problems they may encounter that you didn't have to deal with...

8b404742a4e682b1e3114785fbae13b1--i-care-political-views.jpg

Not directed at you, but my sentiment is we should have seen this coming. We knew what was at stake in 2016, but, her e-mails. It's going to be a long slog for women to get their rights back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT