ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

HOTD-Targaryen-Family-TreeEp1.jpg

So I've only seen the first episode, but
didn't they cut the head off the wrong kid? I thought he wanted to kill the eyepatch dude?
He wanted the eyepatch dude, couldn't find him, but had to settle for a baby.

This gets further clarification in the next episode. I really liked episode 2 and the show feels like it's starting to hit it's stride.

Last edited:

This gets further clarification in the next episode. I really liked episode 2 and the show feels it's starting to hit it's stride.
Episode 2 may be the first episode in 2 seasons that I thought measured up to early GoT. I hope that quality continues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm watching HoD, so it's OK - but I've been mildly disappointed (or worse) so far, by comparison.

This gets further clarification in the next episode. I really liked episode 2 and the show feels it's starting to hit it's stride.
I thought S2:E2 was incredible. Could have used a few more boobs, but the story, writing, and acting was fantastic.

I was preparing myself for the gold cloak to meet a horrific end. It was clever when he started babbling as soon as Larys dropped his implements of torture, and the menace when Larys stepped back and said he couldn't speak for Aegon as the enraged tyrant walked in was tingling. But, then all we got was the swing of a mace.
I figured we'd see fingers being pried off or something equally gruesome.

Reactions: Tenacious E
With only 7 episodes for this season, #2 felt a little like a wasted episode. Not much movement aside from Aegon removing his grandfather as hand of the king.
Rhaenyra sitting in the corner like a scared little girl while the two twins fought in her room was a little odd as well. I thought she was at least a semi badass... grab a weapon and help kill the assassin? Or at least get up and gtfo of the room.
Things need to start heating up bigly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT