ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

What I really enjoyed in the final episode is the fact that she was really debating agreeing with the terms from her brother until her son was killed.

Also, isn’t the Kings hand still there at her castle? His ass is getting killed for sure.

It has to be said as well that the scene of her delivering the dead baby by herself standing up is absolutely unreal
The recurring theme of the tortured child birthing in season 1 was something. I know that part of the reason was to show the way woman participate in the combat of the family wars, but, that was a tough watch.

Aemond after his dragon ate Prince Luke

RHVQ.gif
And, remember, he's the smart one. Aliscent already called Aegon an imbecile.

I don't really want a spoiler, but doesn't Laenor have to come back? It's been a few years, so he can grow a beard, put on a cloak like everyone else this season, and keep his had shaved, but his fake kid was killed, and there is a war involving his family.

Reactions: Gus is dead
I don't really want a spoiler, but doesn't Laenor have to come back? It's been a few years, so he can grow a beard, put on a cloak like everyone else this season, and keep his had shaved, but his fake kid was killed, and there is a war involving his family.
kinda hope not. let him live out his life with Qarl.

Although it might make Rhaenys and Corlys or whatever like Rhaenyra more.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Not sure if I said it here or not but idk how they’re going to get me to hate her. Aemond is a weirdo, like his deviant brother, and both need to meet terrible demises. Which leads me to believe they’ll thrive until the last season of the show
Have you not read the book?

Yes that's the crux of their position. Blacks have more dragons, but Greens have larger dragons. Vhagar (Aemond's dragon) is the oldest largest beast in the world. What I think wasn't clear to non-book readers is, they showed Daemon scouting other dragons on Dragonstone. That dragon that he visited was Vermithor, which was his grandfather's dragon, this dragon is of a relative size to Vhagar.

Dragon-comparison-6247892-scaled.jpg
Thanks for the chart. So, the dragon that ate Lucerys was Vhagar, who was his... Step mom's? His cousin's? Point being, the dragon kinda new him, yet ate him. I get the feeling that part of that scene was to show the dragons will take commands, but in some instances are not controllable.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
A lady at work was telling me that Rhaenrys hair was coiled to look like the face of a dragon during episode 10? They seemed to keep giving us shots of her hair during the last few scenes.
That is a cool touch.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I finally got around to watching it and five episodes in was enjoying it ok, though I feel not as good as GOT but that is likely because it is not as expansive and more compressed character wise.

But have to say, not sure I have been more confused or shocked by the stupidity of episode 6 where they aged everyone 10 years and had new actors for the younger leads. Really stupid, the woman playing Rhaenyra looks a lot different. The younger actress was 21 playing a 14 to 18 year old and they easily could have made her out to be 28. And somehow the king is alive still😂

I finally got around to watching it and five episodes in was enjoying it ok, though I feel not as good as GOT but that is likely because it is not as expansive and more compressed character wise.

But have to say, not sure I have been more confused or shocked by the stupidity of episode 6 where they aged everyone 10 years and had new actors for the younger leads. Really stupid, the woman playing Rhaenyra looks a lot different. The younger actress was 21 playing a 14 to 18 year old and they easily could have made her out to be 28. And somehow the king is alive still😂
Supposedly going forward they won’t be doing any more time jumps.

The House of the Dragon official trailer has got you hooked, huh? I get it! It's exciting to dive into a new series filled with dragons, power struggles, and epic storytelling. If you're looking to enhance your House of the Dragon experience, you might want to check out dragon toys. They have a wide range of cool dragon-themed merchandise that could make your fandom even more awesome! With Max delivering irresistible stories and featuring iconic series and movies, it sounds like the perfect streaming platform to keep you entertained. Whether you're rediscovering old favorites or exploring new gems, Max has got you covered.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: PoopandBoogers
The House of the Dragon official trailer has got you hooked, huh? I get it! It's exciting to dive into a new series filled with dragons, power struggles, and epic storytelling. If you're looking to enhance your House of the Dragon experience, you might want to check out dragon toys. They have a wide range of cool dragon-themed merchandise that could make your fandom even more awesome! With Max delivering irresistible stories and featuring iconic series and movies, it sounds like the perfect streaming platform to keep you entertained. Whether you're rediscovering old favorites or exploring new gems, Max has got you covered.
Season 2 releases in June. Plenty of time for you to purchase awesome merchandise and enhance your entertainment streaming platform, whether for old favorites or this hot new gem of a series.

I would like the next damn GoT book to be finished. Criminy!
I've come to the conclusion it'll probably be another author that finishes the GOT saga.

Martin must have hit a serious case of writers block and has no idea how to wrap this thing up. He's pretty old and might catch the dead before he can finish it.

Absolutely loved the books and it's mind boggling he's been struggling with this for about a decade now...

Just looked and they're saying Winds of Winter might release this year but we've been hearing that for 5 or 6 years now.

I've come to the conclusion it'll probably be another author that finishes the GOT saga.

Martin must have hit a serious case of writers block and has no idea how to wrap this thing up. He's pretty old and might catch the dead before he can finish it.

Absolutely loved the books and it's mind boggling he's been struggling with this for about a decade now...

Just looked and they're saying Winds of Winter might release this year but we've been hearing that for 5 or 6 years now.
At this point I’m waiting until he finishes the series - there’s supposedly two books remaining, counting winds of winter right?

Probably going to have to check the others out from the library to remember what happened previously.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
At this point I’m waiting until he finishes the series - there’s supposedly two books remaining, counting winds of winter right?

Probably going to have to check the others out from the library to remember what happened previously.
I think Martin made this incredibly expansive world in GOT and might have lost a bit of control of it.

Kept expanding the story line to the point of almost being unmangable.

Saw a story about Martin and GOT a few years ago and he actually relied on a few dedicated fans to make sure he was keeping to "historical" GOT timeline and facts he had set forth in the books. Wish I could find it but can't :(

These folks would proof read his stuff to make sure he didn't deviate from stuff he already put forth. Pretty interesting.

prob caught the case of "HBO money" and is now living out the rest of his life without having to work.

I would like the next damn GoT book to be finished. Criminy!
I'd recommend finding the Winds of Winter sample chapters that are released. I think the sample chapters are some of his best writing. At this point, I'm happy with everything that has been released/published and anything else would be a bonus.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Paris

I re-read all of the books during Covid shutdown in the hopes that he would spend that time finishing the new one lol.

I might not even read the new book when it comes out at this point. **** that guy.

I think Martin made this incredibly expansive world in GOT and might have lost a bit of control of it.

Kept expanding the story line to the point of almost being unmangable.

Saw a story about Martin and GOT a few years ago and he actually relied on a few dedicated fans to make sure he was keeping to "historical" GOT timeline and facts he had set forth in the books. Wish I could find it but can't :(

These folks would proof read his stuff to make sure he didn't deviate from stuff he already put forth. Pretty interesting.

I'd recommend finding the Winds of Winter sample chapters that are released. I think the sample chapters are some of his best writing. At this point, I'm happy with everything that has been released/published and anything else would be a bonus.
Because of the general dissatisfaction with how the tv series went after they outpaced the books; I want to see the series completed.

I’ve mostly been of the opinion that i didn’t hate where the show ended; it just didn’t quite work because of how rushed everything in the final two seasons was.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Because of the general dissatisfaction with how the tv series went after they outpaced the books; I want to see the series completed.

I’ve mostly been of the opinion that i didn’t hate where the show ended; it just didn’t quite work because of how rushed everything in the final two seasons was.
Agree.

In the beginning, it took a full season or two to get from North to South or vice versa.
They trimmed those travel times down to less than one episode by the time the series finished.

Reactions: sober_teacher

For me, the biggest failures of the ending where that Dany was a champion of the poor and women until the very end, when she went ahead and incinerated a whole town full of them because Jon didn't want to bang. Also, I did not like the build up of the prince that was promised being Jon, but then really it was Dany all along, given the what we know in Dance of Dragons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT