ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

200.gif

Good episode, but I was a little disappointed they changed the Blood and Cheese incident slightly. The book was better.

Queen Helaena Targaryen took her three children to visit their grandmother at dusk, before they went to bed. Once Helaena entered the chambers with Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, and Maelor, Blood barred the door and slew Helaena's guardsman, while Cheese snatched Maelor. Cheese told Helaena that they were two "debt collectors", and asked which one of her sons she wanted to lose. The queen offered herself but the two killers refused, telling her that it had to be a son, a boy. As the queen agonized over the decision, Cheese warned her to make a choice soon, before Blood grew bored and raped Jaehaera. The weeping Helaena eventually named her youngest child, two-year-old Maelor. Cheese told Maelor his mother wanted him dead, then grinned at Blood, who slew Prince Jaehaerys instead, striking off the boy's head with a single blow from his sword. The two men did no further harm to Helaena, Jaehaera, or Maelor, fleeing with Jaehaerys's head in hand while Helaena screamed.

Last edited:
Good episode, but I was a little disappointed they changed the Blood and Cheese incident slightly. The book was better.

Queen Helaena Targaryen took her three children to visit their grandmother at dusk, before they went to bed. Once Helaena entered the chambers with Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, and Maelor, Blood barred the door and slew Helaena's guardsman, while Cheese snatched Maelor. Cheese told Helaena that they were two "debt collectors", and asked which one of her sons she wanted to lose. The queen offered herself but the two killers refused, telling her that it had to be a son, a boy. As the queen agonized over the decision, Cheese warned her to make a choice soon, before Blood grew bored and raped Jaehaera. The weeping Helaena eventually named her youngest child, two-year-old Maelor. Cheese told Maelor his mother wanted him dead, then grinned at Blood, who slew Prince Jaehaerys instead, striking off the boy's head with a single blow from his sword. The two men did no further harm to Helaena, Jaehaera, or Maelor, fleeing with Jaehaerys's head in hand while Helaena screamed.
That definitely better. I wonder why they didn't film it more like that.

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Wasn't expecting this.

giphy.gif
I would say the new series is more like seasons 6-8, but I still enjoy them a lot. The first season had some mixed reviews, mainly from a time jump halfway through when characters aged up and they changed actors/actresses for some characters. I also saw criticisms of the first season mainly staying located in one or 2 locations. It's slightly jarring but follows the book that Martin wrote.

I can't read the thread due to spoilers.

Quick and easy question:

Is the show any good? Huge GOT fan here.
I was a huge GoT fan, although the last couple of seasons flagged, imo.

I struggled to like the first season of HoD, but liked it enough to hope season 2 would take off.

My sense after 1 episode is that, like last season, it will be OK, but disappointing in comparison with GoT.

Kind of like every season of True Detective after the first one. Not actually bad, but not in the same league.

I would say the new series is more like seasons 6-8, but I still enjoy them a lot. The first season had some mixed reviews, mainly from a time jump halfway through when characters aged up and they changed actors/actresses for some characters. I also saw criticisms of the first season mainly staying located in one or 2 locations. It's slightly jarring but follows the book that Martin wrote.
I read all 5 GoT (Ice and Fire) books the summer after the first GoT TV season. The HBO folks did a really nice job until they ran out of books.

I've also read some other GRRM books, but not the one this series is based on. Is this it? Do you recommend it?

91kXkSMY2OL._SL1500_.jpg

I read all 5 GoT (Ice and Fire) books the summer after the first GoT TV season. The HBO folks did a really nice job until they ran out of books.

I've also read some other GRRM books, but not the one this series is based on. Is this it? Do you recommend it?

91kXkSMY2OL._SL1500_.jpg
I was surprised how much I liked Fire and Blood. I read the history book "The World of Ice and Fire" and found it to be a little boring. Fire and Blood is also a history book, but it is more like a narrative non fiction book. It starts slow but after awhile I couldn't put it down, and I'm excited for the follow up (if we ever get it).

I wish he'd focus on finishing the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The guy is 75 years old and overweight. At this point, I think its unlikely that the series gets finished, which I think will be a real shame for the fans and for him. It would be unfortunate, IMHO, to let Benioff's and Weiss's ending be the only authoritative ending for the crowing literary work of his life. It would be sad for his legacy not to see the author's full vision published. Imagine if Tolkien had never published Return of the King and we just had to rely on a ghost writer who was going off of what Tolkien had told him.

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
I wish he'd focus on finishing the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The guy is 75 years old and overweight. At this point, I think its unlikely that the series gets finished, which I think will be a real shame for the fans and for him. It would be unfortunate, IMHO, to let Benioff's and Weiss's ending be the only authoritative ending for the crowing literary work of his life. It would be sad for his legacy not to see the author's full vision published. Imagine if Tolkien had never published Return of the King and we just had to rely on a ghost writer who was going off of what Tolkien had told him.
The joke used to be; which will we get first, a new TOOL album or the next GOT book? The "new" TOOL album came out five years ago.

At this point, I don't think I'll read any more Song of Ice and Fire books if they are ever released. I was excited about it several years ago, but **** that guy.

I'm at the point where I'm just happy we have the things that are written, and not mad at the things that are not. (I strive to be this way in life in general) . It would be a mistake not to read ASOIAF just because we don't have a true ending from the author. It's all fake stories anyways.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have at least the bullet points but look what the guys from Got did with those. It's interesting that he said his last two books could have gotten four or five seasons but basically the producers got only one season out of those two books. Maybe his decline started with those books.

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
I thought it was a great episode.
I do find it darkly hilarious that Helaena's bodyguard was banging her Mom instead of doing his job. Maybe Sir Criston told the other guards to take the night off so nobody would know what he was doing?

Wow - I didn't think about that. I thought he was guarding Alicent. I wonder what the blowback will be if any. I am not sure if the queen will even be vengeful.

PS - Alicent looked super sexy riding Sir Cole

I strongly disagree with this. Season 7 & 8 of GoT were so badly written and directed it stopped a world wide phenomenon in its tracks. It took me a while to go back and rewatch GoT because of how bad it ended. Seasons 1-4 is some of the best television to ever grace the screen. Seasons 5 and 6 were good and had moments of greatness, but you could see there were cracks in the foundation without the source material.

HotD has great writing, due in large part because they have the source material to go off of and I believe this is what puts it on par with GoT 1-4. There haven't been any moments where I was completely taken out of it by poor writing or bad directing. It's been smooth sailing in my opinion.

We need to find that video

Shocking lack of boobs in this series. They went to a GD whorehouse in tonight’s episode and all you saw was some side boob covered by a gown you could kind of see through.
Also, I need a flow chart to depict who is the actual biological father of all these kids, and who the cucks are. I assume Allicent is pregnant with Criston’s kid?

Shocking lack of boobs in this series. They went to a GD whorehouse in tonight’s episode and all you saw was some side boob covered by a gown you could kind of see through.
Also, I need a flow chart to depict who is the actual biological father of all these kids, and who the cucks are. I assume Allicent is pregnant with Criston’s kid?
If he's pregnant, likely. Aegon (King), Aemond (One eye), and Haelena (Queen) are of all Alicent and Visserys. All of Rhaenyras Children are Criston Cole's.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT