ADVERTISEMENT

how do republicans continue

So decades of BS.
Let's hear your solution then.

One that will actually fix the problem and not one that merely makes you feel better about yourself because you think you did something.

Because frankly, anything short of 100% zero tolerance gun confiscation is a bandaid. And you'd have to assure everyone that everyone gives up their guns. Because a society like the US that has so many guns in circulation it makes assuring the publics safety nearly impossible if the only ones that are turned in are the ones that are turned in voluntarily.

Aside from the impossibly difficult execution of that policy, a huge percentage of the population that includes me, has zero interest in complying.with such a policy. As such, any party proposing that policy is dooming themselves to electoral failure.

So while so many Democrats decry the Republicans border policy legislative 'failures' (not signing on to the recent senate bill) as an attempt to keep that issue alive by not moving legislation, that has been the Democrat gun control playbook for decades. Why don't they propose a gun confiscation bill? I mean we need real gun reform right? And this is in fact the only solution. Yet it seems they know this is a loser and really seem to just want the issue and don't intend to move forward with what they really want to do. Take everyones guns.

Disclaimer: if it isn’t already apparent, I am a second amendment advocate and I posted on this topic a number of times, in case people are wondering which side I’m on. Frankly, I think we are stuck with this problem until there is a societal change of some sort. I am not for gun confiscation. Yet, I also recognize that if we are going to make this problem go away completely that we have to do the above and I think that’s untenable. And again the reason for that is that no one wants to do what is actually necessary to take away the problem . Like has been mentioned previously as an analogy, the only way to make car accidents go away would be to remove cars. However, no one actually wants to go without their car so unfortunately, we have to live with the fact there are car accidents. This same thing applies to guns unfortunately.

Last edited:
Yesterday’s cop killer was a convicted felon prohibited by law from even being in the same room as a weapon. Stronger gun laws for granny in Des Moines must be enacted now!!!!!!!

Must have more gun laws and fewer prisons:

So decades of BS.
Depends on which side of the coin you're on which is why I kinda said what I said.
For instance I own a handgun but I don't find having assault rifles or anything like that necessary. If it was guaranteed every other civilian and criminal turned in their gun(s) i'd oblige by turning mine in as well.

Last edited:
it isn't dems with pockets stuffed with greenbacks from the NRA & the gun manufacturers.
hell i'm not anti-2A but when even 85% of NRA members are for common sense legislation like background checks and they refuse to pass them. WTF?
Dems pockets are stuffed by the military industrial complex lol they're making their fortunes on actual weapons of war.

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
So the democratic party who wants to defund the police, not prosecute criminals, advocate for cashless bail and encourage unlimited illegal immigration for any thug that wants to expand his criminal empire, now wants to stop law abiding, crime victims from protecting themselves with the only defense they have left, a gun. Whose side is the left on anyway?

it isn't dems with pockets stuffed with greenbacks from the NRA & the gun manufacturers.
hell i'm not anti-2A but when even 85% of NRA members are for common sense legislation like background checks and they refuse to pass them. WTF?
Where in the NRA platform do they say it's OK to support killing innocent children?

Why are guns responsible for killing innocent children? In the US, guns have never been intended for that purpose.

What are your examples of "common sense" regulation? That phrase has become a talking point with very little meaning.

Where in the NRA platform do they say it's OK to support killing innocent children?

Why are guns responsible for killing innocent children? In the US, guns have never been intended for that purpose.

What are your examples of "common sense" regulation? That phrase has become a talking point with very little meaning.
common sense = gun confiscation
DEI = discriminate against anyone who might vote Republican or has traditional American values.

to condone the slaughter of innocent children in defense of the 2nd amendment & the gun industry????
Let's see;
Last 20 years

Average number of children deaths related to guns - 1700 yearly. (Majority are young blacks)

Average number of legal abortions - 620,000 per year. (Majority are blacks)

I'd say the blacks have the biggest bitch in this argument.

Reactions: chonk
So the democratic party who wants to defund the police, not prosecute criminals, advocate for cashless bail and encourage unlimited illegal immigration for any thug that wants to expand his criminal empire, now wants to stop law abiding, crime victims from protecting themselves with the only defense they have left, a gun. Whose side is the left on anyway?
Let’s play this game. Suppose liberals get their way and all guns are banned in the United States.

What happens next?

Reactions: Gus is dead
Let’s play this game. Suppose liberals get their way and all guns are banned in the United States.

What happens next?
Nothing, there is no way the thugs/criminals are turning in their guns so they only people who would be adversely affected by a ban would be law abiding citizens, the same people who always follow the law. That's why this is nothing more than a ploy by the left to have naive morons vote dem because "they care" for the victims.

What happens next?
The only people that would have guns would be criminals who would have a ton more power. It would also encourage many people to buy guns on the black market. Banning alcohol didn’t seem to impact anything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT