ADVERTISEMENT

how do republicans continue

Where in the NRA platform do they say it's OK to support killing innocent children?

Why are guns responsible for killing innocent children? In the US, guns have never been intended for that purpose.

What are your examples of "common sense" regulation? That phrase has become a talking point with very little meaning.
yet gun shots are the number one way of death for those 18 and younger.

Let’s play this game. Suppose liberals get their way and all guns are banned in the United States.

What happens next?
I don't think that's what liberals even want. Perhaps some do but most just want to stop all the senseless killing happening in this super weird gun culture that has risen in the last 20 years which has paralleled with all the mass shootings of the last 20 years. It's not a coincidence and something needs to be done. I'm open to suggestions, instead we get laws from the GOP expanding the ease of getting guns. Do you think that's logical or messed up?

I don't think that's what liberals even want. Perhaps some do but most just want to stop all the senseless killing happening in this super weird gun culture that has risen in the last 20 years which has paralleled with all the mass shootings of the last 20 years. It's not a coincidence and something needs to be done. I'm open to suggestions, instead we get laws from the GOP expanding the ease of getting guns. Do you think that's logical or messed up?
It's always messed up - the counters are always the slippery slope argument, the "we can't do anything, why even try" argument, and so on.

Do people who truly believe in the originalist argument think that the Founding Fathers would truly have been okay with the 2nd Amendment as they wrote it, if they knew it would lead to the country we see now?

And for the good guy with a gun defense - I'd just like to point out that there were 800 cops at the Super Bowl parade (ostensibly all good guys with guns). How come they couldn't stop this before it happened?

Do liberals want ALL guns banned in the US? Huh, didn't get the memo.

What would happen? What happened in Australia?
Republicans are against Americans being safe from gun violence. It’s really that simple. Jim Jeffries comedy routine about gun violence is pretty spot on. Mass shooting there and the government said no more guns. Their citizens said, “Sounds about right.” Here, it’s our culture. Only here.

You are a moron if you think one person qualifies your statement.

Michigan man who killed his wife went down a 'rabbit hole' of conspiracy theories after Trump's 2020 loss, daughter says​

Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Do liberals want ALL guns banned in the US? Huh, didn't get the memo.

What would happen? What happened in Australia?
I don’t think Australia has the culture problem America does.

What will happen is black markets opening up and expanding in America. There will be a bunch of illegal guns on the streets with no way of tracking them.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
I don’t think Australia has the culture problem America does.

What will happen is black markets opening up and expanding in America. There will be a bunch of illegal guns on the streets with no way of tracking them.
The Australian government was actively detaining people with covid into concentration camps against their will just a couple years ago. I assure you, Australia has plenty of cultural problems to work through.

Reactions: Gus is dead
Let’s play this game. Suppose liberals get their way and all guns are banned in the United States.

What happens next?
We get this. Demolition Man is happening right in front of our eyes.

OGC.3b2c266c2afab438c5bf46e74a753480

I`ve got an idea, when someone commits a crime with a gun, arrest them with no bail, and sentence them to 25 years or more with no parole. Less violent criminals on the street, less violent crime. Punish the bad guys not innocent guys, I know novel idea, right?

yet gun shots are the number one way of death for those 18 and younger.
And fentanyl is the number one killer of those from 18-45. And if we did the things that would best stop violent gun deaths and the flow of fentanyl into this country, the left would be very unhappy as they watched their sacred demographics be detained, deported, arrested and jailed in ridiculous numbers.

Why won’t Dems support zero tolerance laws for gun crimes? How about we take violent criminals off the streets permanently? Why is that never the solution?

Your open to ideas? Dont you have any?

I have a few, but to think that these things will end gun deaths is naive.

I`ve got an idea, when someone commits a crime with a gun, arrest them with no bail, and sentence them to 25 years or more with no parole. Less violent criminals on the street, less violent crime. Punish the bad guys not innocent guys, I know novel idea, right?
I like it. Much more severe punishment for gun crimes would go a long way. Zero tolerance.

Reactions: Rifler
Republicans are against Americans being safe from gun violence. It’s really that simple. Jim Jeffries comedy routine about gun violence is pretty spot on. Mass shooting there and the government said no more guns. Their citizens said, “Sounds about right.” Here, it’s our culture. Only here.
Only here? Your level of ignorance knows no bounds. You seem to know what you believe but very little else.

Which country leads the world in gun deaths?

Hint:
In 2020 the US was 21st in gun deaths per 100,000.
In 2023 the US was 3rd in total gun deaths.
When examining gun deaths by method, the US was 18th in gun deaths by homicide.

Now you, like me, can be upset at the fact this occurs at all but I'm tired of falsehoods being perpetuated here and elsewhere in attempting to characterize this horrible cultural trend towards violence as uniquely American.

Lgbtq books
Drugs
Drag shows

You're OK banning those things. But guns you won't ban because it will create a black market.
I am very pro banning guns for trans too. Can we agree that those guns should be banned, all other things aside?

Why won’t Dems support zero tolerance laws for gun crimes? How about we take violent criminals off the streets permanently? Why is that never the solutio

In the United States, our justice system is built on principles that emphasize rehabilitation, forgiveness, and the possibility of change. Let’s delve into these concepts:
  1. Serving Time and Debt to Society:
    • When someone is convicted of a crime, they serve a sentence as determined by the court. This period of incarceration is considered their debt to society for the wrongdoing committed.
    • The idea is that once the sentence is completed, the individual has paid their dues and should have the opportunity to reintegrate into society.
  2. Rehabilitation and Second Chances:
    • Our system aims to rehabilitate offenders during their time in prison. Programs focus on education, vocational training, and counseling to help them address underlying issues.
    • We believe that people can change, learn from their mistakes, and become productive members of society. Offering second chances is essential for this transformation.
  3. Parole and Probation:
    • After serving part of their sentence, some inmates may be eligible for parole. Parole allows them to complete the remainder of their sentence under supervision outside of prison.
    • Probation is an alternative to incarceration. It allows offenders to remain in the community while adhering to specific conditions set by the court.
  4. Restorative Justice:
    • Restorative justice focuses on repairing harm caused by criminal behavior. It involves dialogue between victims, offenders, and the community.
    • Rather than solely punishing offenders, this approach seeks to address the root causes of their actions and promote healing.
  5. Belief in Redemption:
    • Our system acknowledges that people can change over time. Some individuals genuinely regret their actions and work toward personal growth.
    • By believing in redemption, we recognize that even those who made grave mistakes deserve a chance to rebuild their lives.
  6. Avoiding Authoritarian Norms:
    • The United States has a long history of resisting authoritarianism. Our Constitution enshrines individual rights, due process, and checks and balances.
    • Normalizing authoritarian ways would undermine these fundamental principles and erode the fabric of our democracy.
In summary, our justice system strives to balance punishment with rehabilitation, emphasizing forgiveness and the potential for positive transformation. It reflects our commitment to liberty, fairness, and the belief that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. 🗽🇺🇸

Please don’t normalize authoritarianism.

In the United States, our justice system is built on principles that emphasize rehabilitation, forgiveness, and the possibility of change. Let’s delve into these concepts:
    • When someone is convicted of a crime, they serve a sentence as determined by the court. This period of incarceration is considered their debt to society for the wrongdoing committed.
    • The idea is that once the sentence is completed, the individual has paid their dues and should have the opportunity to reintegrate into society.
    • Our system aims to rehabilitate offenders during their time in prison. Programs focus on education, vocational training, and counseling to help them address underlying issues.
    • We believe that people can change, learn from their mistakes, and become productive members of society. Offering second chances is essential for this transformation.
  3. Parole and Probation:
    • After serving part of their sentence, some inmates may be eligible for parole. Parole allows them to complete the remainder of their sentence under supervision outside of prison.
    • Probation is an alternative to incarceration. It allows offenders to remain in the community while adhering to specific conditions set by the court.
  4. Restorative Justice:
    • Restorative justice focuses on repairing harm caused by criminal behavior. It involves dialogue between victims, offenders, and the community.
    • Rather than solely punishing offenders, this approach seeks to address the root causes of their actions and promote healing.
  5. Belief in Redemption:
    • Our system acknowledges that people can change over time. Some individuals genuinely regret their actions and work toward personal growth.
    • By believing in redemption, we recognize that even those who made grave mistakes deserve a chance to rebuild their lives.
    • The United States has a long history of resisting authoritarianism. Our Constitution enshrines individual rights, due process, and checks and balances.
    • Normalizing authoritarian ways would undermine these fundamental principles and erode the fabric of our democracy.
In summary, our justice system strives to balance punishment with rehabilitation, emphasizing forgiveness and the potential for positive transformation. It reflects our commitment to liberty, fairness, and the belief that everyone deserves a chance at redemption. 🗽🇺🇸

No one was asking for community dialog after Jan 6th by the way.

I think if you make penalties clear zero tolerance for gun crimes seems pretty reasonable to me.

Doesn't mean life in prison but I think the use of a gun while committing a crime should be 25 years minimum with no chance of pleading it down.

3. Parole and Probation:
  4. Restorative Justice:
  5. Belief in Redemption:

Yeah. Like I said. Not worried about real solutions. You’re putting up some sort of mantra/policy up against the Bill of Rights, then talking about authoritarianism. I guess things just stay the way they are then.

Lgbtq books
Drugs
Drag shows

You're OK banning those things. But guns you won't ban because it will create a black market.
🙄 How about we increase prison sentences for those with gun offenses and actually prosecute them with no leniency. Our court system allows lifelong criminals to continue to be on our streets and treat minors with kid gloves. Then you will also have many complaining that doing so will mass incarcerate the black community as they have a largely disproportionate number of gun crimes.

3. Parole and Probation:
  4. Restorative Justice:
  5. Belief in Redemption:

How does no cash bail rehabilitate anyone? How does allowing someone to commit crime after crime after crime with little to no consequence rehabilitate anyone? How does letting violent criminals out after only serving a fraction of their sentence, rehabilitate anyone?

Admit when your policies fail, PLEASE! Stop with the leftist anti civilized society tropes. Criminals need to know BEFORE they commit crimes that they will not be treated with kit gloves, then maybe the crimes will not be committed in the first place and if they are, well, we told you so........

How does no cash bail rehabilitate anyone? How does allowing someone to commit crime after crime after crime with little to no consequence rehabilitate anyone? How does letting violent criminals out after only serving a fraction of their sentence, rehabilitate anyone?

Admit when your policies fail, PLEASE! Stop with the leftist anti civilized society tropes. Criminals need to know BEFORE they commit crimes that they will not be treated with kit gloves, then maybe the crimes will not be committed in the first place and if they are, well, we told you so........
Cash bail doesn’t have anything to do with rehabilitation-that’s when they’ve been arrested/charged with a crime; and for most places I’m aware of isn’t used for people accused of violent crimes

Plus there’s the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD and abby97
Let's see;
Last 20 years

Average number of children deaths related to guns - 1700 yearly. (Majority are young blacks)

Average number of legal abortions - 620,000 per year. (Majority are blacks)

I'd say the blacks have the biggest bitch in this argument.

I'd say blacks appear to be driving their own problem...

Reactions: Sharky1203
I'd be 100% for banning guns if I didn't love elk and venison so much. I still need those in my life

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT