ADVERTISEMENT

How do we get back to the top?

you can forget about Taylor coming because he is tied directly to the NLWC with his M2 club and they all feed off the money being brought in by the PSU wrestling success . I think , after watch his instructional clips and reels that a better target for an assistant Coach would be Nolf but the overlooked guy in PA who has started to shine on the International scene and and has been a very successful coach as of late is Chance Marstellar and he would probably love to stick to PSU and is not a big fan of Carls after the recruiting process with him and his pal Haines went bad and they both ended up elsewhere eventually landing at Lock Haven together to finish their college careers.

Reactions: MSU158
you can forget about Taylor coming because he is tied directly to the NLWC with his M2 club and they all feed off the money being brought in by the PSU wrestling success . I think , after watch his instructional clips and reels that a better target for an assistant Coach would be Nolf but the overlooked guy in PA who has started to shine on the International scene and and has been a very successful coach as of late is Chance Marstellar and he would probably love to stick to PSU and is not a big fan of Carls after the recruiting process with him and his pal Haines went bad and they both ended up elsewhere eventually landing at Lock Haven together to finish their college careers.
With all the trials and tribulations Chance has gone through, he sure is an intriguing possibility. When someone first hand experiences what NOT to do, he definitely has a better perspective on how to teach it.

Still, it is so hard to hire someone without any coaching experience. On paper, they may look great. But, you have no clue if they can truly handle the coaching responsibilities at the DI level if they haven't done it before. If you do pull the trigger, who are you bumping out to replace him with? That is where the risk lies...

With all the trials and tribulations Chance has gone through, he sure is an intriguing possibility. When someone first hand experiences what NOT to do, he definitely has a better perspective on how to teach it.

Still, it is so hard to hire someone without any coaching experience. On paper, they may look great. But, you have no clue if they can truly handle the coaching responsibilities at the DI level if they haven't done it before. If you do pull the trigger, who are you bumping out to replace him with? That is where the risk lies...
I agree and as an Assistant Coach Chance would be a good fit. look into the results his small school has had since he started it. Its Steller Trained and his camp kids dominated at PA , Delaware and Maryland states this year. I"ll try and find the results and repost on here. I think he has matured a LOT and would be someone who kids could actually see as a force on the International scene and would probably be able to draw in some other big name training guys for the HWC.

Reactions: Inspiteofourselves
TnT need to get top 10 p4p recruits, keep them healthy, and develop them into multi-time national champions.

Kids see stud recruits at Iowa (Kemerer, Marinelli #9 pfp, Warner #7 pfp etc. etc.) get hurt, and never reach the top of the podium.

Kids see similar recruits at Penn State thrive, win team and individual titles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT