Votes: 25 40.3%
  • 3 - Sometimes empathetic, that's how your supposed to be

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 2 - Very targeted empathy, prefer animals

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 1 - F 'em all

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
I guess if anyone has a reason to call be a libtard, it is because I probably care more about others than myself sometimes.
I think that’s fair. You are a very selfless person, and you should be proud of it. I almost always have a plan that I try to stick to, and typically it involves furthering the interests of my family, me, friends, or colleagues, and typically in that order. Big exception to this was joining the USAF, which I felt a calling to do. But even then, i tried to thread the needle the best I could to work to the advantage of my family, since my eyes disqualified me from being an aviator.

I guess if anyone has a reason to call me a libtard, it is because I probably care more about others than myself sometimes.
Nope my dad retired from Deere, Nephew working at Moline. From the Waterloo area, just saying if you work for deere,s it probably won't be long term.

Nope my dad retired from Deere, Nephew working at Moline. From the Waterloo area, just saying if you work for deere,s it probably won't be long term.

That's just the way modern corporations are.

as @Tenacious E so astutely pointed out practically speaking empathy is massively modulated by impact to degrees of separation. for instance jd vance could possibly be less of a fundamentalist on abortion 15 years from now

Reactions: Tenacious E
I think that’s fair. You are a very selfless person, and you should be proud of it. I almost always have a plan that I try to stick to, and typically it involves furthering the interests of my family, me, friends, or colleagues, and typically in that order. Big exception to this was joining the USAF, which I felt a calling to do. But even then, i tried to thread the needle the best I could to work to the advantage of my family, since my eyes disqualified me from being an aviator.

It has hurt me at times. So it is not always a good philosophy. A healthy balance is needed.

Reactions: Tenacious E
Yeah, forget that shit.
chicken reflection GIF

I guess a 4 because I'm very empathetic towards kids and the elderly.

I always say that some people think of a fat lazy POS first when discussing welfare. I think of a hungry kid who has no show in the matter.

If that makes me a bleeding heart so be it. I'll die on that hill.

I guess a 4 because I'm very empathetic towards kids and the elderly.

I always say that some people think of a fat lazy POS first when discussing welfare. I think of a hungry kid who has no show in the matter.

If that makes me a bleeding heart so be it. I'll die on that hill.
If you take the quiz, be careful about questions regarding animals, apparently.

Don’t mess with kids, old people, or animals. I don’t have a lot of sympathy for people that hold signs up asking for money. These people need to get a job instead of asking people to give them.

At work on the truck I’m a 5.0. At home probably a 2 maybe 3. You don’t get an empathy choice on healthcare. About Sox months ago had a straight up pedo on the ambulance who fell in the shower and broke his hip and his face. It is easy to say screw him the fentanyl train is out of the station. You can’t do that. Not only unethical but it makes you a horrible human.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Strong move. The only problem is if they don't have a place to sleep and bathe, plus transportation, that is not going to work. That is why I get mad at friends throwing their old bikes away. Some homeless person could use that to get to work.
But to your point, homeless aren’t employable right? So what good is the bike?

I used to hate sitting in a meeting and hearing talk about laying off this person or that group with no more concern than if you were deciding where to go to lunch.
Kind of, but I’ve worked with people that should have been fired years ago. Co-workers I respect and friends I have endless sympathy for. That and for animals. I drive past a young coyote that got clipped on a highway today and felt sorry for it. Cute little fella.

I feel bad for those of you that can't have empathy beyond kids. Adults get shit on not only due to their fault, but outside factors.

I'm not sure I like this crowd's temperature.

Basically: f you Greenfield. f you John Deere employees getting laid off, f you if you get cancer, f you if you make a mistake in life. Some of you need some help.
Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

2 - I'm WAY more empathetic towards animals than almost any human.

Do you mean that you're more sympathetic towards animals than you are towards humans, or are you honestly more able to relate to and share the emotions of animals than you are humans?

The later would be amazing, like Aquaman!

At work on the truck I’m a 5.0. At home probably a 2 maybe 3. You don’t get an empathy choice on healthcare. About Sox months ago had a straight up pedo on the ambulance who fell in the shower and broke his hip and his face. It is easy to say screw him the fentanyl train is out of the station. You can’t do that. Not only unethical but it makes you a horrible human.
I mean, an empathy determination in the health care setting doesn’t mean you are either mother theresa or the angel of death.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT