ADVERTISEMENT

How is this even legal?

Why do you get off on the idea you’re making people angry? Such an odd flex.
Usually I don't tell people to eat shit and die unless I'm angry. Given that's how they started their post I'm going to guess they're angry and you're running cover for some reason like a good bottom would.

I’m confused. You think having consistent business on only 6 days a week is better than having consistent business 7 days a week? That makes perfect sense.

Average sales at a Chick-fil-A location is 6.7 million a year.

Average sales at a McDonalds location is 3.6 million a year.

My expertise and experience leads me to the conclusion that Chick-fil-A has a better business model. I only care about the P&L...and the one thing we all know is sales cures all

I also have a difficult time wrapping my head around how any business can exist with as much over head as a restaurant has for how little sales they do.

What does religion have to do with it?

Why we're closed on Sundays​

Our founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose — a practice we uphold today. Most Chick-fil-A® restaurants operate between the hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with breakfast served from 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and lunch and dinner served from 10:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. Some hours may vary by location so check with your local Chick-fil-A restaurant.

Why we're closed on Sundays​

Our founder, Truett Cathy, made the decision to close on Sundays in 1946 when he opened his first restaurant in Hapeville, Georgia. Having worked seven days a week in restaurants open 24 hours, Truett saw the importance of closing on Sundays so that he and his employees could set aside one day to rest and worship if they choose — a practice we uphold today. Most Chick-fil-A® restaurants operate between the hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Saturday, with breakfast served from 6 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and lunch and dinner served from 10:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. Some hours may vary by location so check with your local Chick-fil-A restaurant.
If I read it correctly, the gov. is concerned about a business on gov. property not being opened 7 days a week. I don't think they care which day the business is closed.

My expertise and experience leads me to the conclusion that Chick-fil-A has a better business model. I only care about the P&L...and the one thing we all know is sales cures all

And i dont think people travelling long distances and making a stop to get something to eat really cares about any of this stuff, so it is irrelevant to the discussion.

And as i have said before, i really dont care if they remain closed on sunday. If i know the stop has limited options, and possibly long lines/wait because one of those options is closed, i will likely just stop somewhere else further down the road

Usually I don't tell people to eat shit and die unless I'm angry. Given that's how they started their post I'm going to guess they're angry and you're running cover for some reason like a good bottom would.
But you do it consistently in every thread. Why?

Their current contract expires in about 31 years. Applegreen Travel Plazas and the state of New York entered into a 33 year contract in 2021. Applegreen partners with multiple restaurants, including CFA, Burger King, Shake Shack, Popeye’s, Panera, Panda Express, and several others.

Several NY Assembly members objected to CFA being part of the deal and tried to block them because of their positions on LGBTQ issues. They obviously didn’t succeed and now they’re pissed, so this Sunday thing is their attempt at an end run around the contract.
And if that's the case it's just asinine and a waste of legislative time.

If they really gave a s*** about people and the food options available on New York thoroughfares, they should pass laws that there can only be healthy, fresh food available at any govt owned facilities - no fast food joints at all.

Salt/Fat guidelines and all that, like in schools.

But they don't care, they're just interested in white knighting for certain constituents, not all constituents.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
And i dont think people travelling long distances and making a stop to get something to eat really cares about any of this stuff, so it is irrelevant to the discussion.

And as i have said before, i really dont care if they remain closed on sunday. If i know the stop has limited options, and possibly long lines/wait because one of those options is closed, i will likely just stop somewhere else further down the road

It was relevant to what I replied to.

As far as picking a place to stop....I would think most people have a clue where they want to eat before they just randomly stop some place.

I can say for certain the one place I would never consider going to based on the line is literally Chick-fil-A. I have eaten there once in my life...and that was just because some people at work wanted to go there.

It was relevant to what I replied to.

As far as picking a place to stop....I would think most people have a clue where they want to eat before they just randomly stop some place.

I can say for certain the one place I would never consider going to based on the line is literally Chick-fil-A. I have eaten there once in my life...and that was just because some people at work wanted to go there.
I get it, i hate waiting in lines so if i like a place and there is a long line or wait when i get there, im walking right back out the door.

The only exception to me getting in a long line to get fast food is the chic fil a drive thru. While i think chic fil is mediocre and i dont get the fanfare people give it (same thing with caseys pizza), i know that in a world of mediocre to poor fast food options i can get through the drive through line in a pretty efficient manner if im 15 cars deep in a chic fil a line

24/7 facilities are different. There is a compelling need to have services available.
Also, their food is overly salty, fatty, and crappy in general.
Chick-fil-A specifically?

Unlike, say, Panda Express - McDonald's - Taco Bell - Subway - Sbarro - and any of your other traditional fast-food establishments located at state run transportation/oasis facilities?

CFA is open more hours in a given week than several of the other NY Thruway food service providers because of the fact that they are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

CFA is open 95 hours each week. The Panera Bread locations are open 91 hours each week. The Popeye's locations range from 73.5 hours per week to 87.5 hours per week. The Auntie Anne's locations are only open 56 hours per week.

Sure, CFA is closed on Sundays while the other restaurants are open. But there are several hours per day each of the other six days per week when CFA is open while the other restaurants are closed. If this truly was about "disservice and unnecessary inconvenience to travelers who rely on these service areas" then they would also be requiring the other restaurants to open more hours each day.

This is nothing more than another thinly veiled attack on CFA, just like the Buffalo Airport and other government entities across the country that have tried to ban CFA.

Link
lol, yes, poor CFA. Always being attacked. You conservatives are the biggest bunch of whiny ass hypocrites.

Reactions: auntie_fah
I never understood people that vehemently applaud Chic Fil A's decision to close on Sunday, but then frequent other restaurants that are open on Sunday. If you truly agreed with that stance, you wouldn't frequent any business on Sunday.
Christian conservatives are biggest bunch of hypocrites in this country. And whiny ass bitches.

lol, yes, poor CFA. Always being attacked. You conservatives are the biggest bunch of whiny ass hypocrites.
I'm not whining, I'm simply pointing out facts and reality. CFA will be just fine with or without the NY Thruway locations. But don't try to pretend this is about New York State Assembly members being concerned that travelers have adequate fast food options. This is 100.0% about their anger toward CFA's charitable donations to organizations that oppose marriage equality.

• Haha
Reactions: lucas80
NEW YORK (CNN) – Any Chick-fil-A fan knows the chicken chain is closed on Sundays.

It’s a practice that’s been in place since Chick-fil-A first opened in Georgia in 1946.

But now, a bill has been introduced in New York that could affect Chick-fil-A locations at rest stops along Interstate 90 in New York state.

The new bill would require food services at transportation facilities and rest areas to remain open seven days a week.

The bill goes on to say that “While there is nothing objectionable about a fast food restaurant closing on a particular day of the week, service areas dedicated to travelers is an inappropriate location for such a restaurant ... Allowing for retail space to go unused one seventh of the week or more is a disservice and unnecessary inconvenience to travelers who rely on these service areas.”

So far, no comment from Chick-fil-A.

Soft tyranny.

I'm not whining, I'm simply pointing out facts and reality. CFA will be just fine with or without the NY Thruway locations. But don't try to pretend this is about New York State Assembly members being concerned that travelers have adequate fast food options. This is 100.0% about their anger toward CFA's charitable donations to organizations that oppose marriage equality.
Whatever you say bro.

Reactions: lucas80
Chick-fil-A specifically?

Unlike, say, Panda Express - McDonald's - Taco Bell - Subway - Sbarro - and any of your other traditional fast-food establishments located at state run transportation/oasis facilities?
They are by far the saltiest, worst food out there. At least McDonalds offers a salad and apple sections. Panda Express offers lower calorie and vegetarian options. Subway gives you the chance of something not terrible for you. Chick Fil A is fat and salt. Nothing else.

They are by far the saltiest, worst food out there. At least McDonalds offers a salad and apple sections. Panda Express offers lower calorie and vegetarian options. Subway gives you the chance of something not terrible for you. Chick Fil A is fat and salt. Nothing else.
I’m sure you can provide a link to those “facts”?

Regardless, unhealthy food is unhealthy food whether you have a few more calories in one over the other. I think attacking Chick-fil-A for theirs is more bias than rational.

Lucas is making it crystal clear that he doesn’t know a damn thing about Chick-fil-a’s menu.

The state is passing a law that says service area restaurants must be open 7 days a week on all future contracts signed, nothing against the law.

They can not change the current contract , so whenever the leases with Applegreen's ( current service provider) expires they will have to find a new vendor, or Applegreens will have to replace Chik Fil A locations at service areas.

Seems like a targeted law for sure, which 6 days of Chik Fil A is better than 7 days of some other fast food joint
Looks like they have 6 or 8 Chick Fil opened or planned, and one Popeyes chicken. Looks like a win for Popeyes soon.

There are more than four and a half times as many McDs as there are CFAs. No knock on CFA but their scarcity drives a lot of that discrepancy.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT