ADVERTISEMENT

How the Iowa gambling investigation ….

That is not accurate. The filings originated at the county level. IMO Brenna Bird will not be the problem but the solution ,THE GOVENOR WAS PARTICIPATING IN THIS SCANDAL BUT THE AG WAS NOT INVOLVED.

How was the governor participating? Be specific.

How was the governor participating? Be specific.
Initially she “supported” the DCI and their investigation. She spoke out of turn, Northern. Something she doesn’t do very often. However, since her re-election, she has made more “gaffs” as she relishes her new found power. This could come back to nip her butt a bit. I also believe the AG is not as innocent as she wants Iowans to believe. She strikes me as “law and order at any cost” AG.
We shall see.

Initially she “supported” the DCI and their investigation. She spoke out of turn, Northern. Something she doesn’t do very often. However, since her re-election, she has made more “gaffs” as she relishes her new found power. This could come back to nip her butt a bit. I also believe the AG is not as innocent as she wants Iowans to believe. She strikes me as “law and order at any cost” AG.
We shall see.

It's not usnual for an executive to support their agency and rely on the leaders of that agency to make sound decisions. She's done nothing wrong.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Brenna Bird privately reached out to the county attorneys in Dubuque and Pottowatamie counties and had them to her initial dirty work, keeping her name and stench far from the fray.

It's not usnual for an executive to support their agency and rely on the leaders of that agency to make sound decisions. She's done nothing wrong.

I thought the buck stops with the one in charge. You also really have no idea if she did nothing wrong, or not. If you have all of the facts that proves that, then ok.

I thought the buck stops with the one in charge. You also really have no idea if she did nothing wrong, or not. If you have all of the facts that proves that, then ok.
BG....you need to understand that Reynold’s didn’t really say what she said at her presser last summer! She just said it because she knows Iowa’s are “law and order” freaks...and not smart enough to understand how their rights have been eroded the past 10 years.

Reactions: BGHAWK
KACHING!
Iowa tax payers are going to be writing a lot of checks coming out of this one!
The DCI way over-stepped and Brenna Bird showed her inexperience and La k if knowledge un running the state’s legal affairs. And Ms. Reynolds wears ( more) egg on her face for shooting her mouth off before knowing all the facts! Imagine if this would have happened if Culver was Governor?
It didn’t however….but shit like this seems to be the norm with the Reynolds’ administration,

KACHING!
Iowa tax payers are going to be writing a lot of checks coming out of this one!
The DCI way over-stepped and Brenna Bird showed her inexperience and La k if knowledge un running the state’s legal affairs. And Ms. Reynolds wears ( more) egg on her face for shooting her mouth off before knowing all the facts! Imagine if this would have happened if Culver was Governor?
It didn’t however….but shit like this seems to be the norm with the Reynolds’ administration,
Will be interested to see who files suit here. several players had their pro careers derailed here, the one guy for Iowa baseball went from a guy mocked in first 5 rounds the draft to undrafted and forced to sign as an undrafted free agent, losing lord knows how much money.

Now Johnson and Story County Attorneys feel that they got taken for a ride
Unbelievable. Heads should roll and the state is going to write a lot of big checks.

Will be interested to see who files suit here. several players had their pro careers derailed here, the one guy for Iowa baseball went from a guy mocked in first 5 rounds the draft to undrafted and forced to sign as an undrafted free agent, losing lord knows how much money.
Keaton Anthony, who wasn't criminally charged(?). Also, the DL from ISU that was drafted by the Bronco's and then suspended by the NFL.

Also, the Iowa DCI is now prohibited from using the geofencing app/software they used in these illegal searches.

Keaton Anthony, who wasn't criminally charged(?). Also, the DL from ISU that was drafted by the Bronco's and then suspended by the NFL.

Also, the Iowa DCI is now prohibited from using the geofencing app/software they used in these illegal searches.
Which might actually come in useful in a real investigation someday. Laughably incompetent.

The penalty should match the violation. A single betting on the womens team should not constitute a years banishment. 2. He is going to get a hell of a payday from State of Iowa.
Thats what I said, jeeves. They overstepped.

But all could've been avoided if Noah followed the rules. I guess he'll be fine after we all pitch in for his and Dekkers state settlement.

Reactions: sober_teacher
He gambled. And unfortunately lost a year out of it. If 90% of the team didn't gamble, why didn't Noah get the memo.

lol. Ill just say it was not in the best interest of the Iowa and Iowa St football programs for this discovery process to continue

But all could've been avoided if Noah followed the rules. I guess he'll be fine after we all pitch in for his and Dekkers state settlement.
Where'd Dekkers end up? Dordt?

Ozzie8,
Could you explain why you feel it isn’t in their best interest. Seems like a very vague statement .

Republicans = Trash

Iowa has some extremely incompetent leadership in Des Moines right now.
Let me correct = while we are arguing Republican this and Democrat that, the Democrats and Republicans are stealing us blind. Unit most of us realize that, nothing will change.

Reactions: AckHawk80

After what your state Governor and Attorney General did to them they sure as **** deserve every penny.

Reactions: Iron Doc
Let me correct = while we are arguing Republican this and Democrat that, the Democrats and Republicans are stealing us blind. Unit most of us realize that, nothing will change.
And your post has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion here.

We're talking about Republicans in Des Moines who have, for years, sought to make Iowa's public universities fight and scrape for every penny to function.
This gambling "investigation" was initiated to embarrass Iowa/ISU.

It now appears the AG's office is the entity that had been embarrassed and Iowa's taxpayers will be paying for it.

Hell, she’ll use it as a badge of honor…..and all the brain-dead Repubers in the state will support her every step of the way.
Too many Iowans are so goddamned stupid, it is sickening.
The state of Iowa is infinitely better run than your dense dems nationwide. Your political jibberish is as tragically laughable as Biden and the rest of the twisted cabal. Did I mention nobody outside the extremist echo chamber gives a shit about hyperbolic absurdities? Watch some episodes of ‘The View’ tonight to soothe your troubles😂👍😂!!

The state of Iowa is infinitely better run than your dense dems nationwide. Your political jibberish is as tragically laughable as Biden and the rest of the twisted cabal. Did I mention nobody outside the extremist echo chamber gives a shit about hyperbolic absurdities? Watch some episodes of ‘The View’ tonight to soothe your troubles😂👍😂!!
We are looking at this issue which is a major F up. Her handling of education is also a major issue.

Reactions: dekhawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT