ADVERTISEMENT

How upset would you be if our transfer players all returned?

LukaDuka

HR MVP
Nov 19, 2023
What if Tony, Patrick & Bowen all return to Iowa next season? Afterall they do mostly fit what we're looking for in the portal.

Tony is combo gaurd
Bowen is PG
Patrick...... could be a decent 10 minutes per game off the bench

All this being said, I think the players & fans would rather have a change in scenery.

Hypothetical is null and void from the start, anyways.

TP is looking for a pay day, and he's not getting it here. Hence his decision to shop himself around.

I wish all 3 good luck in their future landing spots - except for any game(s) they might take on their old team - but no, don't really especially want any or all of them back.

Reactions: Carolina Hawk
Upset? I don't think anyone gives a shit. Though I do think it would be interesting if the NCAA added one stipulation to transfer/portal rule. If you declare for the transfer portal...you can't go back to the school you're leaving.
Transfer portal and NIL are pretty much the same. IE, 'anything & everything goes' in both.

Especially after the courts made it so that its essentially "the only rule is there are no rules" with regards to limitless transfers and not having to sit out at new landing spot.

As proven with Proctor, don't like it at new spot after a couple weeks/a month? Hop back in the portal go back to your previous commitment.

Tony seems to need a fire lit under his ass half the games too
Yeah, you have to wonder the last few games whether Tony had sort of checked out and already decided he was transferring. Mid season and first half of the big 10 Tony was getting lots of scoring and good defense, then it fell off the cliff

Reactions: TheRealHerky
Yeah, you have to wonder the last few games whether Tony had sort of checked out and already decided he was transferring. Mid season and first half of the big 10 Tony was getting lots of scoring and good defense, then it fell off the cliff
Knowing what the situation was, in hindsight it’s pretty clear TP was not 100% invested in Iowa BB

Was a theme with him the whole time at iowa. Look dominant and getting after it on both ends of the floor 1 game and pretty uninspired the next. Inconsistent

Reactions: kceasthawk
If the NCAA has no power then why would teams still stick to how many players are allotted for certain sports.
Just sue and go to court!

Reactions: intrepodor
If the NCAA has no power then why would teams still stick to how many players are allotted for certain sports.
lolol.. like that would help for basketball. So how many guys could you keep happy on the roster when they could all leave anytime if their not playing? :rolleyes:

Towards the end, I would agree. Overall Tony was a good Hawk and I'm glad he played for Iowa. Wish him well at Missery. He would have been the only one of the three, I wanted back. Bowens is a great athlete but not a good shooter. I was tired of PMac floating around swatting at butterflies. The kid just wasn't focused. A change of scenery might do him good.

Good question....what does the NCAA do now? It is an amalgam of super conferences and mid majors.

Tony Perkins isn't coming back, if he did that would be great. Bowen not going to get much in NIL market, so he'd be cheap insurance to sign to come back, but he knows he'd be 2nd fiddle, so probably looking for situation where he can compete to be a starter. PMAC....he's going to end up at some coaching friend of Papa...seems like a lose lose...if the new coach doesn't play Pmac, the friendship suffers. If he plays him, the b-ball team suffers defensively.

Reactions: NI hawk
Good question....what does the NCAA do now? It is an amalgam of super conferences and mid majors.

Tony Perkins isn't coming back, if he did that would be great. Bowen not going to get much in NIL market, so he'd be cheap insurance to sign to come back, but he knows he'd be 2nd fiddle, so probably looking for situation where he can compete to be a starter. PMAC....he's going to end up at some coaching friend of Papa...seems like a lose lose...if the new coach doesn't play Pmac, the friendship suffers. If he plays him, the b-ball team suffers defensively.
Morningside could use PMAC but he'd have to toughen up and play defense. They're NAIA so it's a lateral.move from Iowa basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: LukaDuka
I think Tony should be welcomed back.

The others, no.

Regardless, until there’s a serious attempt to change the defense and athleticism of the roster, nothing is going to change.

It wouldn't bother me if Bowen came back. I think with some confidence he can be a player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT