ADVERTISEMENT

How Would You "Fix" the US Constitution - ROUND 2

Pick the one from each pair that more closely reflects your position.

• Total voters
Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Here are 5 more topics to weigh in on.

If you haven't already, make your views known on the first round

No conversation on these yet. I'm surprised.

I didn't realize the Federal Reserve was so popular. Or is it a case that the National Bank, like tariffs, is something we learned was a bad idea in grade school and we think it must still be a bad idea a couple of centuries after it was rejected.

My understanding is that the original writers of the constitution intended a constitutional convention every ten years. To reflect, to adapt, to evolve this living document. Assuming that, in time, the failures of such writing would be inspected and debated to some sort of resolve.

Obviously we’ve failed in that singular regard.

Apparently it’s all perspective, assuming understanding. I look at it and see language that I wished were otherwise. Thinking that the original writers had ground breaking ideas and knew they’d be unable to grasp the challenges the future brought, yet made provisions for such.

That our improvement upon the original has largely been based around “hey women and people not white should be able to vote” is a incomprehensible failure to me.

Oh. And corporations are people. In only the good ways, not the bad.

I don't remember Round 1, so, make the POTUS a single 6 year term. Eliminating all the triangulating for re-election solves a lot of problems. Down side, it would have given us Trump for 6 years.
The courts must be addressed. Lifetime appointments has probably outlived it's usefulness in an era where people commonly live past 60.

I don't remember Round 1, so, make the POTUS a single 6 year term. Eliminating all the triangulating for re-election solves a lot of problems. Down side, it would have given us Trump for 6 years.
The courts must be addressed. Lifetime appointments has probably outlived it's usefulness in an era where people commonly live past 60.
Add age cap requirements to all political appointments. 80 is WAY TOO OLD to be in office.

Add age cap requirements to all political appointments. 80 is WAY TOO OLD to be in office.
I’d stick with term limits in all three branches of the govt. 10 years in the house, 12 years in the senate, 8 years for president, 15 years for the court.

75-80 could be fine for the right person. I’d prefer if we didn’t have many though. But Biden would have been out of the limelight long ago with the other term limits in place.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT