ADVERTISEMENT

HROTers (new refugees included), in what city do you reside?

Oooh, kind of jealous. I love that town. Got to spend a week at The Broadmoor a couple years ago and I was ready to move there.

It's just the right size - not so huge that there is a ton of traffic and crap - but big enough that there are lots of things to do, good restaurants, etc. And of course amazing fishing, skiing and cycling.

I like it here. Like @NKSHawk , my current job would let me live anywhere, however my wife's work is a bit of an anchor. I left ATL as it is just too big, once the kids are gone, I could move to a smaller mountain town, but as it stands have access to all the outdoor activities I enjoy and love the weather.

The locals don't care about football season though. AF isn't much of a draw. The transplants are from all types of schools so its pretty diverse.

I'd be willing to debate the "good restaurants" though. I suppose it is heavily based on where you come from, ATL did have great food options in comparison.

I live in the southern part of the People's Republic of Johnson County but have my bug out bunker in Washington county for when the sh!t comes down. I avoid inner Iowa City due to the high murder rate of white landlords.....

Man accused of killing Iowa City landlord in 2009 reaches plea deal
Justin+Marshall+mug.jpg

IOWA CITY, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- The Iowa City man accused of killing a landlord in 2009 has reached a plea deal.

Justin Marshall, 26, was convicted in 2013 of killing John Versypt at the Broadway Condominiums in Iowa City in 2009. Police say Marshall shot Versypt in the head during a robbery.

Grew up in Tallahassee
Lived in Atlanta around the time of the Olympics
Live in Vail 5 years
Iowa for 8 of 10 years
Now I live in Houston TX (NE actually in Kingwood)

New Realm beer is very eh. Nice spot tho. But if you like beer, go down to Ansley Wine and have JJ show you where he keeps the Homestyle. Great NE IPA that just started distribution from Nashville last month

I was at Bearded Iris last weekend. Fun spot and absolutely magnificent beers. They recently dropped their first stout (V Fudge). I brought a bunch of it (and others) back but haven’t tried the stout yet.

I think you’d be fine. Some of the locals might give you the hairy eyeball, but that’s how they react to anyone they don’t recognize.

The place is a haven for party busses, so if a bachelorette party pulled in you might have to deal with a bunch of drunk white girls, which is annoying enough. I can only imagine what it’s like for a gay man dealing with them!

Hey send me the address of party bus stops! TiA!

Reactions: GOHOX69 and JWolf74
I was at Bearded Iris last weekend. Fun spot and absolutely magnificent beers. They recently dropped their first stout (V Fudge). I brought a bunch of it (and others) back but haven’t tried the stout yet.

Really enjoy the bit more hazy and bitter and better mouth feel NE IPA than the Trop I've been drinking on the reg the last couple years. Reminds me of Burial IPAs (Surf Wax and Hawkbill) which are my favorite, but I haven't seen them around Tower or Greens lately...Might have to get a corny keg of this for the kitchen...

Turning over a new leaf??? :p I read it over and decided WTF, it's Thursday and hit post. I may use that to describe where we live more often. It's funnier than "out by Jordan Creek"

I much prefer Cumming to Jordan Creek. But who doesn't. We have a distillery and the Cumming Tap. You have cookie cutter chain store eye sores.

I do love Costco, though.

Really enjoy the bit more hazy and bitter and better mouth feel NE IPA than the Trop I've been drinking on the reg the last couple years. Reminds me of Burial IPAs (Surf Wax and Hawkbill) which are my favorite, but I haven't seen them around Tower or Greens lately...Might have to get a corny keg of this for the kitchen...

I hesitate to say this, but I haven’t had a bad IPA or Pale Ale from them that I can remember. They’re clicking on all cylinders. Hope the expansion doesn’t dilute that.

My wife tried one of their pilsners at the brewery, and it tasted like Corn Pops. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

Speaking of places, where are the poors in IC and C'ville so my butler Jeeves and I can avoid them.

Originally from Tallahassee. Now living in beautiful downtown Lutz (pronounced LOOTZ). John Cena lives in Lutz. He's a douche.

Reactions: lizfsu
I grew up in the Le Mars area in NW Iowa. Left there in '88 to go to school at UNI until '92. After a four year stint in Grand Rapids, MI, I have lived in Kansas City since '96. I still get back home to NW Iowa quite a bit as I have family there.

Reactions: yescyam and Tunadog
Mason City

It's two hours away from Cumming, the Twin Cities, Iowa City, and we have a two hour direct flight to Chicago.

Grew up in Potomac, MD.
Relocated to Boca Raton, FL 30 years ago and can't imagine living anywhere else but South Florida. I am one of the few, under 65, who actually love it here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT