ADVERTISEMENT

HS finals comments

I am sure it is heartbreaking to lose in the finals, but I've just never seen so many crying on the award stand plus one didnt show up. Allard wasnt but would be one I would understand. That's a tough loss.
Happens when you expect to win.

You would be wrong then. I have very much been in that position. Actually I wasnt really criticizing as much as questioning why it was suddenly commonplace.
Ok so go back and read the original post. Everybody who makes it that far expects to win. Not common sense to understand that. I’ve been in that position too doesn’t alway work out. Some people care a lot.

106- Block kid from WSR just too long and strong for the field. Big 106 pounder.

113- Fousek and Lopez make it 2 for 2.

119- Drake is really really good! Paez for Lisbon came on tough to win.

126- Noonan knocks off 3 timer Allard for his own #2. I remember Noonan from last year being a tough kid.

Even not 100% Cullan rolls over defending champ.

132- Avila= stud! Beat Garvin during the season. 2 timer now.

Lost in the flurry of activity at 126 was the rock solid performance from Centerville's Matthew Lewis, who racked up his 3rd title. He'll go for #4 next year.

No clue where the liar and stupid comments came from. Gotta love message boards. I mean Grip is one of the best posters on here and from my perspective he gives good and honest insight and opinions and simply asked a question.

I’m not sure why you would, but thanks I could not find the results.

Google search iahsaa. Enter the wrestling portal. Go to State Wrestling Central. Under Brackets, click on Go to Trackwrestling. In Travkwrestling, On the blue bar click Results. Then click on Final Results. You should see what you're looking for.

Missed it, which kid didn’t show up on the medal stand?

I’m pretty sure it was Brandon O’Brien from Linn-Mar after his loss to Ryder Block. I haven’t seen much about Block on here, but he was an undefeated freshman. Rumor is (and I can’t stress enough that it’s a rumor and I have not validated it) that he moved from Denver, IA, to WSR so he could wrestle the best competition. If that’s true then that’s kind of cool

Last edited:
Did Drake lose and if so who beat him

I don’t think there was anyone from the state of Iowa that went the distance with Ayala this year. He was undefeated, and his decisions/majors were all from out of state opponents.

Wish we could’ve seen him vs Schriever again this year.

Reactions: Grip220
I don’t think there was anyone from the state of Iowa that went the distance with Ayala this year. He was undefeated, and his decisions/majors were all from out of state opponents.

Wish we could’ve seen him vs Schriever again this year.
If Schriever and Ayala would have met and if Schriever would have won then their wouldn't be anymore talk of recruiting Ayala. I believe Schriever would have won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT