ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane season has arrived....

It almost looks like it has an eye. Fortunately, it is well offshore. The dirty side of the storm is going to blanket much of the state and dump a ton of rain.

Reactions: noleclone2
4:00 p.m. update: The rain is fairly steady now. Not raining hard, but continuous. Still not terribly windy, though....

Solarhawk here at ground zero in Tampa Bay, it’s raining. More at 6.

6ijcHcAA23iP7m3dksGWG3FKobYSRvTOe9F4HYZuog4.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: SolarHawk
4:00 p.m. update: The rain is fairly steady now. Not raining hard, but continuous. Still not terribly windy, though....
We had some wind yesterday evening when we went out to see lights in the neighborhood. Some of the inflatables had unmoored and face planted in the breeze.
This morning drizzle started after 11 and it’s been steady all day, but hadn’t seemed windy.
Tired of the rainy weekends lately.

Reactions: The Tradition
Lots of Spanish moss to pick up here at Tradition Manor and the wind is still howling this morning, but the rain appears to be mostly over. The rain gauge says we picked up about 3-1/2 inches.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
I took down several outdoor decorations and stowed them in my garage and now I’ll spend a couple of hours putting them back out.
Cooler weather on the way. Heck it might get down to 40 next week.

Orlando weatherman says don’t buy into all the scary headlines about hurricanes and La Niña. There will probably be more storms but also much more dust from the Sahara desert that should inhibit storm activity. He covers this for the first few minutes and then goes into the current conditions and forecast. This is from 4 days ago.

This will be a Strong La Niña...

Part 2 - water temperatures and other hurricane season discussion for the first 5 minutes

Very Warm Water this Hurricane Season...

Last edited:
Legendary weatherman Bryan Norcross

Bryan Norcross Weighs In On Indicators That Hurricane Season Will Be Above-Average

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT