ADVERTISEMENT

HWC practice Saturday before the Iowa-Iowa State game

I didn't stay very long but hands down my favorite pair to watch was Costello and Cass. It appeared they had some "beef" with each other pun intended and were going well after Telford called time and at one point got halfway across the room. As stated above Lee was absolutely abusing his partner.

Warner was icing his knee and Renteria had ice on his shoulder and hip. Didn't see them wrestle and appeared more for maintenance but never heard of any injuries to them so I was curious.

I was hearing people say Lee and Kem looked bigger and I have agree. Sorry not a ton of info for you with such a short window of time. Fun to watch

How many 4x AA has Iowa had? I predict there are at least 3 guys in our lineup this year who achieve that. When were there 3 guys who were 4x AA in the lineup at once? Curious. Asking for a friend ya heard.

How many 4x AA has Iowa had? I predict there are at least 3 guys in our lineup this year who achieve that. When were there 3 guys who were 4x AA in the lineup at once? Curious. Asking for a friend ya heard.
Iowa has had 20 4-time All Americans, Brandon Sorensen being the latest.

The rest will require more research than I'm willing to do.:D

1997 has Mike Mena, Mark Ironsides, Lincoln McIlravy, Joe William, Lee Fullhart (Eric Juergens was redshirting as was 2X champ Jeff Maginness and champ Doug Schwab) oops on Maginness.

The 81 team had Barry Davis, Randy Lewis, Ed Banach and Mike Deanna and Jim Zalesky.

The 83 team had Barry Davis, Jim Heffernan, Jim Zalesky and Duane Goldman.

So five in the lineup that season

Last edited:
I would love to get to one of these! I’ll be there for the Nebraska game, but I’m sure the guys will be home for thanksgiving.

McGuiness was only a three time All American. 1994-5th (126lbs), 1995-1st (126lbs), 1996-NQ (126lbs), 1997-Redshirt, 1998-1st (142lbs).
1997 has Mike Mena, Mark Ironsides, Lincoln McIlravy, Joe William, Lee Fullhart (and Jeff McGinness and Eric Juergens were both redshirting)

So five in the lineup that season

I got there around 9:30 am and Warner was already wrestling. He was alternating against two wrestlers(one was Burak) the othe I didn’t recognize. He was dominating the first wrestler and holding his own against Burak. Not much of a rest in between. Probably did this for at least 20 minuets and then did 3 one minute sets of pushups. Warner looked in awesome shape! It’s going to be a great year! Go Hawks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT