ADVERTISEMENT

I’m going to end up voting for Trump (Just kidding Chishawk)

I don’t care if he is a piece of shit. My taxes went way up this year. Hearing the same thing from a lot of other people.

Meanwhile worthless people who barely work and just keep popping out kids are getting all kinds of tax refund money.

Screw Joe Biden. Trump is about to have my vote.
Then you care not one iota about the United States of America and its future. That is truly deplorable.

I don’t care if he is a piece of shit. My taxes went way up this year. Hearing the same thing from a lot of other people.

Meanwhile worthless people who barely work and just keep popping out kids are getting all kinds of tax refund money.

That’s because the Trump tax cuts for the working class expired.

Trump is a pos but blaming him for this is disingenuous at best. Biden could change it. He could have changed it 3 years ago. It's the way it is because Biden wants it to be.

Throwing bread at ducks.

While the other one did nothing but divide our country and shit his pants the 4 years he was in office. Oh, and give his buddies a big tax cut.
I thought Biden was supposed be to be the “great uniter”?

That’s because the Trump tax cuts for the working class expired.

No they haven’t.

As far as taxes going up. I think lots of people are being caught off guard by their cash actually paying them some interest. It’s been 15+ years since people have had 5, 10,15k in interest. They forget it is taxed as ordinary income.

Reactions: cigaretteman
No they haven’t.

As far as taxes going up. I think lots of people are being caught off guard by their cash actually paying them some interest. It’s been 15+ years since people have had 5, 10,15k in interest. They forget it is taxed as ordinary income.
Wtf are you talking about? 15k in interest? On what? Their massive brokerage account money market earning 5%? Their checking account with hundreds of thousands in it? They’d have 300k in a taxable account to be 15k in interest. Now if you mean 15k profits on realized gains in a taxable brokerage account I suppose. But anyone can make those kinds of gains with a certain portfolio of a certain balance no matter the year. But the person that has this isn’t oblivious to the fact they have a taxable event. And realized gains on long term holdings is not taxed at ordinary income rates. It’s capital gains rates.

You may think you’re making a point here about how the Biden economy’s high interest rates are somehow a boon to people and they just don’t know it and had high taxes accordingly and really should be thankful if they had any sense. But honestly this is one of the dumbest posts pretending to be smart in awhile. Unless this is sarcasm then well done. Please God say this is a joke…,

Wtf are you talking about? 15k in interest? On what? Their massive brokerage account money market earning 5%? Their checking account with hundreds of thousands in it? They’d have 300k in a taxable account to be 15k in interest. Now if you mean 15k profits on realized gains in a taxable brokerage account I suppose. But anyone can make those kinds of gains with a certain portfolio of a certain balance no matter the year. But the person that has this isn’t oblivious to the fact they have a taxable event. And realized gains on long term holdings is not taxed at ordinary income rates. It’s capital gains rates.

You may think you’re making a point here about how the Biden economy’s high interest rates are somehow a boon to people and they just don’t know it and had high taxes accordingly and really should be thankful if they had any sense. But honestly this is one of the dumbest posts pretending to be smart in awhile. Unless this is sarcasm then well done. Please God say this is a joke…,

Rabble rabble… yes you dunce. You do realize some people have lots of cash, right? I am not really sure what you are blathering about, but it is pretty funny.

Rabble rabble… yes you dunce. You do realize some people have lots of cash, right? I am not really sure what you are blathering about, but it is pretty funny.
Anybody that has the kind of legitimately earned cash that makes 15k in interest sure as hell has heard of tax rates and types of income.

The specific tax scenario you are trying to create to cover for these piece of crap president exists only in fantasy. Or in a complete idiot.

Anybody that has the kind of legitimately earned cash that makes 15k in interest sure as hell has heard of tax rates and types of income.

The specific tax scenario you are trying to create to cover for these piece of crap president exists only in fantasy. Or in a complete idiot.

Jfc calm down you idiot. I never, not once mentioned politics you dumb ****ing clown.

Second you loud mouth twerp. Maybe you missed where I said it has been 15+ years since people have earned interest and it is easy to forget how that is taxed. You seriously don’t think people have 300k plus in cash? If not, you are a fool.

Think of it like this. You are in the 22% tax bracket. You have 100k cash. For years, you broke even on taxes. Now, you have 5500 in interest you have to pay taxes on. You get it yet?

Jfc calm down you idiot. I never, not once mentioned politics you dumb ****ing clown.

Second you loud mouth twerp. Maybe you missed where I said it has been 15+ years since people have earned interest and it is easy to forget how that is taxed. You seriously don’t think people have 300k plus in cash? If not, you are a fool.

Think of it like this. You are in the 22% tax bracket. You have 100k cash. For years, you broke even on taxes. Now, you have 5500 in interest you have to pay taxes on. You get it yet?
If you have 300k sitting in a money market in cash for year 2023 in a taxable account (which would be required to earn that sort of interest, you know the APR?) you’re the idiot since it would have made 30% in almost any other investment in the market. Or was this a case of really bad market timing?

And….again…. Anyone that has that sort of money, in cash, in a taxable account doesn’t give a crap about the extra 3k in taxes on the 15k in interest.

Just admit it. Your example was DAF.

If you're serious, you're a dumbass. Trump and the GOP is why your taxes went up. That's what everyone kept trying to point out in 2017
Try again.. I’ve paid more in taxes these last three years than anytime under Trump. Not to mention, inflation is a silent killer, acts as taxation. Who do you think is paying for the student debt? Build back better? Green deal? $6T handed out during covid UNDER Biden (not Trump)? Biden runs the economy like his own personal piggy bank. Biden has added more national debt than any other president.. FACT. Trump and Biden together are 1/3 of national debt. Don’t get me started on migrants and how they are treated compared to vets or the low income class.

If you have 300k sitting in a money market in cash for year 2023 in a taxable account (which would be required to earn that sort of interest, you know the APR?) you’re the idiot since it would have made 30% in almost any other investment in the market. Or was this a case of really bad market timing?

And….again…. Anyone that has that sort of money, in cash, in a taxable account doesn’t give a crap about the extra 3k in taxes on the 15k in interest.

Just admit it. Your example was DAF.

Rabble rabble… lol.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE cares about 3k in taxes you dumb ****ing idiot.

Seriously. You are dumb as ****.

Oh, and please explain how Biden has increased anyone’s taxes. This should be really interesting.

Try again.. I’ve paid more in taxes these last three years than anytime under Trump. Not to mention, inflation is a silent killer, acts as taxation. Who do you think is paying for the student debt? Build back better? Green deal? $6T handed out during covid UNDER Biden (not Trump)? Biden runs the economy like his own personal piggy bank. Biden has added more national debt than any other president.. FACT. Trump and Biden together are 1/3 of national debt. Don’t get me started on migrants and how they are treated compared to vets or the low income class.
Sounds like you should give Trump 4 more years. I mean he treats those losers and suckers properly

Sixty-three percent of new audits last year were aimed at middle-class filers.​

63% on 200k and less.

Wsj
We just want the wealthy to pay their fair share right??? pfff Joe hates you, the democrats hate you, the republicans hate you... Unless you're a multi-racial, 3 legged mutant transgendered polyamorous minor attracted queer, then they love you.

Reactions: SA_Hawk

And another dumbass. The tax bill that has raised your taxes was passed by the GOP Congress and signed by Trump in 2017. The Covid measures that Biden signed was because Trump did nothing to address the economic impact of Covid.

And I'm a vet who deals with immigrants every single day. Trust me, I'm treated far better, both by the government and the public, than any immigrant.

What a weird post. It totally ignores Trump's stimulus trillions, that Rs voted against Biden's infrastructure deal but then eagerly tried to take credit for it, that states like Iowa took in billions from the stimulus then crowed about having massive surpluses, that Trump's tax cuts were a rich man's ruse designed to have your taxes go up in the mid 2020s, that it's Trump treating the world as his own personal piggy bank, and that Trump thinks that vets are suckers and losers.

Not sure about voting for Trump, but certainly won't be voting Biden,... Anyone who dislikes the current political landscape would have to view a career politician like Biden with great suspicion,.. He and his tenured ilk are the architects of this mess...

And another dumbass. The tax bill that has raised your taxes was passed by the GOP Congress and signed by Trump in 2017. The Covid measures that Biden signed was because Trump did nothing to address the economic impact of Covid.

And I'm a vet who deals with immigrants every single day. Trust me, I'm treated far better, both by the government and the public, than any immigrant.
Dumbasses don't read or can't read the facts.

I paid $3k more in taxes in 2022 than in 2023. I guess that means I should vote for Biden.

Retired CPA here, and the headline about the IRS is interesting. Couldn't read the entire article.

In my 35 year career, is was responsible for more than 5,000 individual tax returns. Most of them would fall in to the category described in the article, adjusted for inflation.

I think I had less than 5 individual clients get audited in my career. I only remember 2 or 3, so I rounded up.

Now, if you count "letter audits" (IRS sending a letter questioning something on the return), I had several hundred of those over the years. I wonder if they are counting those?

A letter audit isn't even really an audit. The IRS matches your tax return to the information they have from 1099's. If the return doesn't agree, they send a letter.

80% of the time the IRS was just wrong - I'd send a letter to them to explain it and that was the end of it. 20% of the time they were correct - something was missed - and the taxpayer would pay some tax and that was the end of it.

I'd like to see the real data about "audits".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT