ADVERTISEMENT

I am tired of Iowa Hawkeye football

danloney

HR MVP
Sep 20, 2007
I have always loved my Hawkeye football until the past three seasons. I looked forward to following our recruiting, the pre game hype and the high expectations of battles
with Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and those others we knew couldn't defeat our Hawkeyes. Now? I still watch but I record the game and only watch it later if
we won and if we scored more than 14 points. The game was now boring, boring and again boring. The games against lower positioned teams always dragged out with the
lesser team having a final chance to beat us and as usual being up to our defense to save the offense and coach Kirk. So frustrating and predictable but so Iowa and the
Ferentz family. It really is time to make a change and have fun again.

I have always loved my Hawkeye football until the past three seasons. I looked forward to following our recruiting, the pre game hype and the high expectations of battles
with Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and those others we knew couldn't defeat our Hawkeyes. Now? I still watch but I record the game and only watch it later if
we won and if we scored more than 14 points. The game was now boring, boring and again boring. The games against lower positioned teams always dragged out with the
lesser team having a final chance to beat us and as usual being up to our defense to save the offense and coach Kirk. So frustrating and predictable but so Iowa and the
I am looking forward to not having a game this weekend. And I used to get pumped for every game every season. I am losing interest…

We or lose love the Hawks. Will keep on going.
Phoebe Waller-Bridge Ok GIF by Saturday Night Live

As will I, I spose…

I agree with you that it is time for a big change or just improvement by the offensive side of the ball. KIrk could make the change or it might need to be another head coach. What is so interesting is the thought that you need to play cautiously on offense when in fact you have such a great defense that you could try more surprising plays like double reverse passes, etc.

But I will still watch them live so I can cheer for them live. In the end, 12 games and maybe a bowl add up to about 40 hours of time to cheer your team. And you can cook while watching, sew patches on the elbows of your old high school letter jacket, teach your kids and grandkids how to yell at and boo the refs, whatever.

LMAO, you are such an obvious troll. No way are you a Hawkeye fan.

I have a few friends that have actually stopped watching Iowa football all together for a few years now, I couldn’t comprehend it at first but now am starting to understand. Watching Bush Jr. toss the first pitch to Pudge Rodriguez at the World Series really put it into perspective for me. Father Time never stops, Captain Kirk it’s time.

Stop watching then you little beech

About the only football i watch anymore is Hawkeye football (there are way more exciting sports to watch and the anount of commercials in a football broadcast is insane)

Even then, i don’t think i have watched a full game of Hawkeye football and usually am tuning into something else between halftime and the end of the 3rd quarter.

85-21 and 0-11. Remember those days? Hardly like that now.

Last edited:
It's a dead horse I know, but got dam, it boggles my mind to new levels everyone I think about it - I mean, seriously, a guy who makes millions handed his son a job making more than most people dream of. And his son is literally the worst at his job in the nation by any objective measure. And the father further shelters his son at the risk of his own team, his own legacy, etc. When undoubtedly there are more qualified candidates out there. That is all fine if this is a family business - do what you will, but this is a public institution that thousands of people take pride in. (rant over, just pisses me off to no end)

Yeah, it is becoming difficult to even look forward to Iowa football anymore. My personal issue is there is very little hope to beat any tier one team and/or win any championship outside of the dismal BIG west.

To me, winning seven +/- games and going to some second-rate bowl is not at all exciting. Just ho-hum until Ferentzii is gone. Hope I am still alive to see new leadership at Iowa.

this happens every single year without fail. they get to about two losses and everyone panics.
Have to disagree with all due respect. IMO Iowa football is not fun to watch (other than defense and special teams) given the utter disaster that is called offense. Iowa is really not competing outside of maybe the BIG west which is gone next year. JMO

It's a dead horse I know, but got dam, it boggles my mind to new levels everyone I think about it - I mean, seriously, a guy who makes millions handed his son a job making more than most people dream of. And his son is literally the worst at his job in the nation by any objective measure. And the father further shelters his son at the risk of his own team, his own legacy, etc. When undoubtedly there are more qualified candidates out there. That is all fine if this is a family business - do what you will, but this is a public institution that thousands of people take pride in. (rant over, just pisses me off to no end)
Not to mention the fans that continue to support it.

this happens every single year without fail. they get to about two losses and everyone panics.
The losses aren’t even bothering me any more. It is HOW they lose that gets me. Knowing we can still win the west only to get obliterated on national tv…I have said this before-we have seen Kirk’s ceiling. The PSU game in 21 was one of the best I have ever seen, the debacle in the BIG Championship, one of the worst…

Reactions: Fan In Black
The losses aren’t even bothering me any more. It is HOW they lose that gets me. Knowing we can still win the west only to get obliterated on national tv…I have said this before-we have seen Kirk’s ceiling. The PSU game in 21 was one of the best I have ever seen, the debacle in the BIG Championship, one of the worst…
Last weekends loss has really bothered me.
I didn't give Penn St loss a second thought.

Somehow I knew that Nebber had a billy goat fetish.

Is there any animal he won’t sleep with??!

Just a Nebber thing I guess.

TNB!!! He back 😎

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT