ADVERTISEMENT

I didn't think Patrick looked well tonight

For those thinking that transferring might be a good idea for PMAC, consider the following:
  1. He would be moving further away from family support
  2. Moving away from close friends, have to find new friends
  3. New coaches
  4. New school, with all the headaches associated with transferring
  5. New doctors (When you have to deal with serious medical issues, you often develop very strong bonds with your medical providers)
A large upheaval like this does not sound like a recipe for success for someone dealing with anxiety issues.

I lean more towards coincidence.

In your list above, replace "PMAC leaves team" with "All players and coaches have a "come-to-Jesus moment, realizing they need to get their sh*t together"
i was just posting straight up timeline of events, with no added narrative.
I lean more to Sandfort, Dix and Mulvey all got more minutes with all making meaningful contributions.
therefore the conclusion

again last night

pMac 9 1h minutes score at half tied
Pmac subs out with 7 minutes to go IOWA up 4
IOWA wins going away by 16 out scoring NU by 12 in last 7 minutes

more coincidence?

Reactions: veryold
For those thinking that transferring might be a good idea for PMAC, consider the following:
  1. He would be moving further away from family support
  2. Moving away from close friends, have to find new friends
  3. New coaches
  4. New school, with all the headaches associated with transferring
  5. New doctors (When you have to deal with serious medical issues, you often develop very strong bonds with your medical providers)
A large upheaval like this does not sound like a recipe for success for someone dealing with anxiety issues.
Some on this board have zero understanding of the complexities of life, prevention, treatment, illness…..but are so clearly seasoned when it comes to talent identification, coaching, officiating. What a weird existence to see things only through this lens.

No one over age 40 grew up with social media and generally struggles to understand how the addiction to constant scrolling and stimulation messes with young brains.
Obviously, depression and anxiety existed long before social media. While social media certainly might contribute to what is going on with Patrick, no one here knows whether or not he would be struggling at the level he is currently without social media.

My post really had nothing to do with social media. It was a comment about how even though society has made strides in terms of understanding and acceptance of mental health issues, it's still a mystery for many people.

Reactions: Hawkeyegrad2006
i was just posting straight up timeline of events, with no added narrative.
I lean more to Sandfort, Dix and Mulvey all got more minutes with all making meaningful contributions.
therefore the conclusion

again last night

pMac 9 1h minutes score at half tied
Pmac subs out with 7 minutes to go IOWA up 4
IOWA wins going away by 16 out scoring NU by 12 in last 7 minutes

more coincidence?

Weird considering Dix was the only player last night with a minus in the +/-, Mulvey didn’t even see the floor, and Sandfort played two minutes and change more than average.

But here’s what you left out. Sandfort and PMac entered the game together (12:09), at the same time, so clearly PMac isn’t taking minutes away from Sandfort. Sandfort finished out the half while PMac subbed out. Later (1:19) PMac re-enters for Kris with Iowa down 5. In the final 1:19 of the first half, Iowa tied the game. By using your logic PMac > Kris, correct? The 2nd half, Sandfort subbed in before PMac and played the remaining 11:13 of the game. How is PMac limiting Sandfort’s meaningful contributions here exactly?

It’s probably time to stop here. Using your agenda disguised as “coincidence” isn’t really fooling too many.

Last edited:
Weird considering Dix was the only player last night with a minus in the +/-, Mulvey didn’t even see the floor, and Sandfort played two minutes and change more than average.

But here’s what you left out. Sandfort and PMac entered the game together (12:09), at the same time, so clearly PMac isn’t taking minutes away from Sandfort. Sandfort finished out the half while PMac subbed out. Later (1:19) PMac re-enters for Kris with Iowa down 5. In the final 1:19 of the first half, Iowa tied the game. By using your logic PMac > Kris, correct? The 2nd half, Sandfort subbed in before PMac and played the remaining 11:13 of the game. How is PMac limiting Sandfort’s meaningful contributions here exactly?

It’s probably time to stop here. Using your agenda disguised as “coincidence” isn’t really fooling too many.
I could have sworn Mulvey got on for less than a minute at the end of the 1st half, but I looked at the box score and you're right. No Mulvey.

No, no, no and no.

we were talking about how IOWA has turned it around since PMac left the team after 3 consecutive losses, and it was Sandfort, Dix, Mulvey all getting more minutes in his absence and since his return than before he left team.

it Would be wise to look for the full context of the message,
rather than being the viligent protector of the single post sound byte

No, no, no and no.

we were talking about how IOWA has turned it around since PMac left the team after 3 consecutive losses, and it was Sandfort, Dix, Mulvey all getting more minutes in his absence and since his return than before he left team.

Full context of your agenda you mean? Iowa was 4-2 without Patrick and 2-0 since his return.

Another win and another post from you bitching about something McCaffery.

Agree
  • a fresh start
  • change of scenery
  • not having the implicit pressure and criticism that comes from playing for Dad
wondering where we be good landing spots?

missouri?
creighton?
notre dame?
Kansas State?
Why do you do this?

Reactions: littlez
No, no, no and no.

While you’re finger pointing losses, what were Sandfort’s numbers in the those three L’s before PMac left the team (EIU, Nebraska, Penn State)?

I’m sure those didn’t contribute the losses anymore than going 6-2 since CMac was inserted into the starting lineup or Kris being healthier now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KcTo
While you’re finger pointing losses, what were Sandfort’s numbers in the those three L’s before PMac left the team (EIU, Nebraska, Penn State)?

I’m sure those didn’t contribute the losses anymore than going 6-2 since CMac was inserted into the starting lineup or Kris being healthier now.

Sandfort was playing like doodoo earlier this season and if I remember correctly lost his starting spot.

Vigilent protector of the small picture - @iahawks10

Full context of your agenda you mean? Iowa was 4-2 without Patrick and 2-0 since his return.

Another win and another post from you bitching about something McCaffery.
You excell at taking posts out of context,
please stop

I didn't see it but a friend thought he saw a tear from Fran when he said something to PM just before he went to the tunnel.

Hard to tell with Fran as he always looks overly emotional on the bench...

And it seems as though you "excell" at being an asshat.

But don't stop. It's too much fun watching you get shot down.
is there a point or an argument you are making?
or just general trolling?

In the three losses @KcTo attributed to PMac, PS was 5-26 FG (.192) and 3-18 3FG (.167). But we must ignore that because it doesn’t fit the agenda.
No and no.
pleas don’t make up quotes, attribute them to me and post.

After a month or so banging my head against the all-knowing KcTo, I finally hit the ignore button. I thought he meant well, but he just wants to sound profound. Unless you have a lot of time to waste, you might want to consider doing the same.

After a month or so banging my head against the all-knowing KcTo, I finally hit the ignore button. I thought he meant well, but he just wants to sound profound. Unless you have a lot of time to waste, you might want to consider doing the same.

So very true. Rarely does he point out the positives and only what should have happened in hindsight. Generally he’s still incorrect even with that benefit.

Yet you're responding about him in this thread. How's that ignore button working for you?

I have a feeling you enjoy amusing yourself…
I won't argue with you that the team has performed better since Patrick took the leave of absence. It's the cause and effect that's open for debate. The most obvious difference in the team's performance has been Sandfort going from dud to stud but that's not the only thing. Cmac has played well in Patrick's spot and Dix has performed really well with the additional minutes. Hell, even Ulis is hitting threes where he wasn't close before. I was never a huge fan of Patrick's game but I don't think you can draw a straight line between Patrick's absence being the most significant factor in the team's recent success. Sandfort's huge turnaround and the emergence of Dix are the 2 biggest factors in my opinion. Given the offense that those 2 bring it's probably a better situation for Cmac than Pmac right now. Cmac is a better facilitator and complementary player than Patrick as well as a more willing rebounder and defender. I don't want to see Cmac, Sandfort or Dix losing a lot of minutes to Patrick right now. If anything, I'd like to see the minutes for Sandfort and Dix increasing.

I still see lots of others engaging with him, so I guess I need to just not read those threads.
Gentlemen,
I live in a world view where we can each hold strong opinions that are 180 degree opposite of each other, where we can discuss and debate, with out personal acts, and move on in a professi9nal mature manner., however, I must confess, I’m flawed too, and after repeated un provoked personal attacks, I do reply,, and to those replies I do feel remorse.

I try to see that we have more things in common, than opposed, and that is the binding element here.

there are some wise experienced gents like @mohawk that we’ve bitterly disagreed, yet agree on other topics and we move on.

peace to all…

I won't argue with you that the team has performed better since Patrick took the leave of absence. It's the cause and effect that's open for debate. The most obvious difference in the team's performance has been Sandfort going from dud to stud but that's not the only thing. Cmac has played well in Patrick's spot and Dix has performed really well with the additional minutes. Hell, even Ulis is hitting threes where he wasn't close before. I was never a huge fan of Patrick's game but I don't think you can draw a straight line between Patrick's absence being the most significant factor in the team's recent success. Sandfort's huge turnaround and the emergence of Dix are the 2 biggest factors in my opinion. Given the offense that those 2 bring it's probably a better situation for Cmac than Pmac right now. Cmac is a better facilitator and complementary player than Patrick as well as a more willing rebounder and defender. I don't want to see Cmac, Sandfort or Dix losing a lot of minutes to Patrick right now. If anything, I'd like to see the minutes for Sandfort and Dix increasing.
althuogh @jonesy5960 and I have disagreed more than agreed, I agree with most here, more than I disgree with.

if we recall the original premise was a pure factual timeline of events, no narrative, just facts, with the comment, I don’t believe in coincidences, that’s it, there was no absolutes, as @jonesy5960 clearly makes the arguement.

i stick to my older post that more Sanfort, more Dix, more Mulvey and less Bowen, Perk an (erroneously Ulis) all would help, and that seems to be holding true,

and as always stating agin and again that I hope for the very best for Patrick

althuogh @jonesy5960 and I have disagreed more than agreed, I agree with most here, more than I disgree with.

if we recall the original premise was a pure factual timeline of events, no narrative, just facts, with the comment, I don’t believe in coincidences, that’s it, there was no absolutes, as @jonesy5960 clearly makes the arguement.

i stick to my older post that more Sanfort, more Dix, more Mulvey and less Bowen, Perk an (erroneously Ulis) all would help, and that seems to be holding true,

and as always stating agin and again that I hope for the very best for Patrick
TP was a spark plug last night. Hawks will be a tough out if Ulis and Perkins both turn it on in the same game.

I for sure phucking hope not. If so they need to be punched in the face.

Give the kid some privacy and respect.
Why? Should reporters only ask easy questions? If so why do we have them? Sorry but people need to learn to live in the real world not have the real world conform to them and what they want. Don't want to have to answer tough questions in public? Most jobs you don't have to go work at one of them.

I don't intend for this to sound insensitive, but one unfortunate angle - if this continues to be an issue - there's some kid not playing ball for Iowa because this scholarship is being claimed.
I believe Iowa only has 11 guys on scholarship so there are two not being used currently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT