ADVERTISEMENT

I got a dime bag at Jimmy John's for lunch

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
DDDB_PRImage2-1.png

Reactions: GES4
I quite like JJs; but the fact this is considered a good deal these days and that you need a promo code, is a bit ridiculous. Christ, they could at least throw in a soda that probably cost them about 3 cents for a 20 oz

People still whining about the prices of things these days crack me up. Things are more expensive, get used to it and quit yelling at the clouds.

Reactions: GES4
People still whining about the prices of things these days crack me up. Things are more expensive, get used to it and quit yelling at the clouds.
Until wages increase to match the cost of everything, I will continue to yell at clouds. You may even hear them yell back today.

season 13 GIF

Reactions: Moral
You’re correct that prices are rising, but $10 for a low quality sandwich isn’t exactly the deal of the century.
I'm not a big JJ fan but it's ok. But for a full size sub, bag of chips, a desert and a pickle I'd have to disagree. I get a salad at chic-fil-a and nothing else and it's $10.

Jimmy John's is the new subway for me. It once was new and had an edge on the competition, now it's been surpassed by other newer more creative sandwich chains and it just kind of exists. For us it's Jersey Mike's. Really no reason to get anything else. There are more than enough options that everyone in the family wants so we usually have some variety in our orders.

Jimmy John's is the new subway for me. It once was new and had an edge on the competition, now it's been surpassed by other newer more creative sandwich chains and it just kind of exists. For us it's Jersey Mike's. Really no reason to get anything else. There are more than enough options that everyone in the family wants so we usually have some variety in our orders.
Jersey Mikes is ok, I'll get their small turkey if I'm in a pinch. But Firehouse is the best chain sub place for me. So good.

Oh subway sucks I wouldn't eat there, just pointing out price comparences.
Right right, I get you. But also consider this. My co-worker was telling me he took his family (wife and 2 kids) to McDonalds and it was $38.

I understand that's the new norm, but does that not just seem like a rip off?

Stopped at Sub City a few weeks ago. Only 3-5 locations in Iowa but holy shit, that is a sandwich and makes everything else look like a complete ripoff.

Jersey Mikes is ok, I'll get their small turkey if I'm in a pinch. But Firehouse is the best chain sub place for me. So good.
Firehouse meatball sub is great.
Brownies are also amazing.

What I dearly miss is Philly Connection and their mushroom cheesesteak.

Reactions: beanerhawk
Village Corner, Arthur's, Waterfront.. no reason to eat at JJs or subway. tho I do like Jersey Mike's

Village Corner, Arthur's, Waterfront.. no reason to eat at JJs or subway. tho I do like Jersey Mike's

The QC lost their best sandwich place when Belgian Village shut down for regular daily service (yes, I know you can still get takeaway on certain days, that's not regular daily service). Village Corner is pretty good though. Waterfront tasted like catered box blah you get from the likes of Jason's Deli IMHO. Arthur's best thing on the menu are the turtles.

I quite like JJs; but the fact this is considered a good deal these days and that you need a promo code, is a bit ridiculous. Christ, they could at least throw in a soda that probably cost them about 3 cents for a 20 oz
Thanks, Biden.

The QC lost their best sandwich place when Belgian Village shut down for regular daily service (yes, I know you can still get takeaway on certain days, that's not regular daily service). Village Corner is pretty good though. Waterfront tasted like catered box blah you get from the likes of Jason's Deli IMHO. Arthur's best thing on the menu are the turtles.
Yea the rueben was a staple

Turkey rueben from Village Corner is my favorite. Waterfront has wonderful soup. Arthur's is fantastic

Opt for a banh mi at your local Vietnamese place - grilled pork with pate. Usually runs $5-$7

I will say one good thing about a JJ's sandwich, they are good for eating while driving. They are so devoid of meat and fixings they are easy to handle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT