ADVERTISEMENT

I guess the coach knows what he’s doing

I really couldn't care less about Cmac or Pmac's social media, Jbo's podcasts, Fran's on court antics or Clark's braggodacio. I really don't know why people give a shit about any of this.

Just back it up with production, performance, and wins. As a fan of any team I don't know why you'd really care about any of this other stuff.
Just something to consider in this conversation, since you have no problem with Frans sons being on social media being critical of fans. (For the record there are a vocal minority of fans who are total asses and should shut the HELL up). My point is the players engaging with them is a bad look for the team. SO NOW we have Mrs Mac who will be on a podcast discussing social media criticism of her sons and why she doesn't want Connor to get into coaching. Really? The gift that keeps on giving...... :(

Just something to consider in this conversation, since you have no problem with Frans sons being on social media being critical of fans. (For the record there are a vocal minority of fans who are total asses and should shut the HELL up). My point is the players engaging with them is a bad look for the team. SO NOW we have Mrs Mac who will be on a podcast discussing social media criticism of her sons and why she doesn't want Connor to get into coaching. Really? The gift that keeps on giving...... :(
Don't care what Mrs McCaffery has to say either.

Of all people Connor needs to quiet down on social media especially after making a fool out of himself after the Wisconsin game. Minus very very few haters all Iowa fans were ecstatic with Jbo and Iowa's effort last night. That being said to say the criticism wasn't warranted for his performance in Big 10 play is just untrue. If anyone watched the BTN post game show even the guys on there brought this up how disconnected he's been in conference play and how poorly he's shot the ball.

Last night ironically reminded me of the Maryland football game where after one game people were like see what Petras can do. But many on here were like that was great but lets string some more consistent performances together before we point the finger and say I told you so. Hoping this was the match that lit the fuse last night. Not expecting games like last night but if we can get games of a couple 3s a game hovering around 50% or just under that will be great moving forward.
How is that ironic?

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
Yeah glad for the amazing performance. But one game in the middle of the season isn’t how you prove toxic internet posters wrong. There is an extremely tough stretch next week of talented teams. Throw up 30 pts three games in a row, then yes ha. Start this conversation about how mean the internet was and jbo showed them wrong. But otherwise I would hold off until end of season to address these silly trolls.

Reactions: Chicagoherky71
I'll take what he did tonight.....minus the heat check bull sh** shots.

Imagine how much better his shooting % alone would be if he didn't just randomly heave up some garbage a** shot early in the clock for no reason other than to see if the f***ing shot will go in.

It's one thing if he does that against North Carolina A&T..............but he does it EVERY F***ING GAME.

And you can not do that against good teams, let alone the multiple times he does it to try and shoot himself out of slumps he gets in.

It's wasted and empty possessions. Essentially a turnover on the stat sheet.

If he could figure it out, or humble himself enough, or whatever the f*** he needs to do to NEVER.......take a shot like that again........the team would thank him. His coaches would thank him. The whole world would f***ing thank him, but I included those other two first because maybe he'd listen to reason if he knew it would benefit and BETTER his team if he didn't waste possessions just throwing up a shot from anywhere to see if it will go in after he made one f***ing 3 earlier.

It's not that big of an ask.
Those crazy shots on the break do need to stop. I don’t mind the quick three, but there’s no reason to launch them from 30+ feet. JBo should get to the three line and for those fast break threes. His percentage will go up considerably.

Serious question….has Caitlin hit 10 3s in a single game? In her incredible 46 point performance at Michigan she hit 6….but I have no idea about the rest of her career?
No, but she still has 2 years, she very well could do that and then some! I’m not downplaying JBo’s great game, but it took him 6 years to do it, lol!

Those crazy shots on the break do need to stop. I don’t mind the quick three, but there’s no reason to launch them from 30+ feet. JBo should get to the three line and for those fast break threes. His percentage will go up considerably.
Yeah there's nothing like having a 3 on 1 advantage on the fast break in a 2 pt ballgame, and somebody outletting to Jordan so he can pull up from 5 feet beyond the arc almost immediately after catching the ball...................which he has done more times than anyone should have to count.

But apparently, there's quite a few on here who don't have a problem with that, so long as he can score 30 pts once a season, given some of their reactions to my post................. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: perryhawk
No, but she still has 2 years, she very well could do that and then some! I’m not downplaying JBo’s great game, but it took him 6 years to do it, lol!
Okay….so the original post for this topic is accurate then…it was/is one of the elite performances in Hawkeye basketball history. I doubt there’s many major D1 players who have hit 10 threes in a conference game that matters.

Yay jbo finally didn't suck for a game!!

This is a pretty sad statement for an Iowa fan. I am sure that you are going to have the opportunity to rip JBo again as I expect he will have some off games through the rest of the season. I hope that he has more games that he is hot than not, but we should all be able to appreciate the game he and the Team had against Maryland.

That being said, I do not understand the need for some posters to call you and your compadres out after JBo has a good game. Supposedly, we are mostly Iowa fans in this site. We should be able to have common sense discourse without name calling and playground put downs. I do get frustrated by some of the constant negativity from some, but the name calling of players and/or other posters should never be acceptable.

Last edited:
This is a single game accomplishment. It did not take him six years to do it and it does not matter how long JBo has been at Iowa. It comes down to opportunities during a single game. Caitlin may very well make eleven threes in her next game or she may never be in that situation.

This is a pretty sad statement for an Iowa fan. I am sure that you are going to have the opportunity to rip JBo again as I expect he will have some off games through the rest of the season. I hope that he has more games that he is hot than not, but we should all be able to appreciate the game he and the Team had against Maryland.

That being said, I do not understand the need for some posters to call you and your compadres out after JBo has a good game. Supposedly, we are mostly Iowa fans in this site. We should be able to have common sense discourse without name calling and playground put downs. I do get frustrated by some of the constant negativity from some, but the name calling of players and/or other posters should never be acceptable.
Going out and telling people they were wrong because he FINAALY had a good game is foking dumb. His play this years been poor. If you can't see that, too bad.

I'm calling out the idiots that think having a rare good games makes it ok to ignore all the poor performances.

I can appreciate the game he had, he did great. I cant appreciate the idiotic comments that act like he's an all conf player or something because he finally played well.

Going out and telling people they were wrong because he FINAALY had a good game is foking dumb. His play this years been poor. If you can't see that, too bad.

I'm calling out the idiots that think having a rare good games makes it ok to ignore all the poor performances.

I can appreciate the game he had, he did great. I cant appreciate the idiotic comments that act like he's an all conf player or something because he finally played well.
No, ripping on an Iowa player after having a good game is dumb. I said that I do not agree with calling out those who have been criticizing JBo for not playing well.

Fran still doesn’t know what he’s doing playing Conner. And JBo is back to sucking this year
It sure is easy to be a fan when everything is going right for your team. But it is always informative to see who turns against them at the first sign of trouble. A lot of people give up really easily in life. How sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT