ADVERTISEMENT

I had us 8-10 before season started n B1G

Originally posted by FranklinHawk:
Originally posted by Birky:

Originally posted by unIowa:

Originally posted by ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK:

Have to give credit to this team! Also wanted Fran gone if we didn't make tourny this year.

I think we have to win 1 more to be assured of bid but good job by him down the stretch to win some tough games and right the ship!
Looks like you are wrong again, Iowa punched its ticket tonight. They can lose the next two and will fall no lower than a 9 seed. They are comfortably in.

I don't know why you guys think he could be wrong? Rocky has shown to have a proven track record of seeing the future (in all honesty, he does deserve some credit for admitting he blew that prediction.) He probably also agrees with me in that Kentucky better keep winning. Lose in the SEC championship game, and they will be lucky to be a five seed. Who else feels like jNW is "in" with a win over Iowa on Saturday? Loser likely watching the tourney from their living room.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
A 1 loss Kentucky team "lucky to be a 5 seed". LOL

Um, I didn't feel like a smiley face was necessary when the sarcasm was thicker than...whatever the world's thickest thing is. I also said jNW will make the tournament if they beat Iowa on Saturday. Similar to Kentucky dropping to a 5, it is impossible for jNW to get an at large bid. Actually impossible.

And think we were only 2 losses away from 2nd place BTT.

And we had three conference losses by an average of 4.6 points. (PU, MINN, NW)

With those being a combined conference record of 23-27. (.460)

It was definitely a crazy conference this year..

Originally posted by Birky:

Originally posted by FranklinHawk:

A 1 loss Kentucky team "lucky to be a 5 seed". LOL

Um, I didn't feel like a smiley face was necessary when the sarcasm was thicker than...whatever the world's thickest thing is. I also said jNW will make the tournament if they beat Iowa on Saturday. Similar to Kentucky dropping to a 5, it is impossible for jNW to get an at large bid. Actually impossible.

That's what I get for multi-tasking.. LOL retracted!

Originally posted by buttermypancakes:
I would like an apology from phantomflyer.
Why do I need to make an apology for a prediction? I'm gladly eating the crow, and happy as can be Iowa is going to make the tournament. Thinking about it more, I guess I do owe you and others an apology. You and others were saying the B1G was weak before the conference games started. I didn't believe that was the case. You were correct. The league is much weaker than I thought it would be. I'm still glad Iowa is winning and hoping for a seed higher than 8/9 because I hate playing the number 1 seed in the 2nd game (Dr. Tom got screwed every year by this seeding).

Kudos to Fran and the Hawks for a very nice season. The team is playing their best basketball right now and there's not a better time to peak.

This post was edited on 3/5 6:23 PM by PhantomFlyer

Now is a time for the optimists to gloat. They kept the faith and crowing is, in some ways, the richest reward.

Fans have to take into consideration that it' s not as easy to make the NCAA tournament today as it was back when Dr Tom was in the tourney every year. He would schedule a bunch of easy wins in the OOC schedule and guarantee himself a bid. The committee looks down on this now and it won't get you an invite.

Have to give credit to this team! Also wanted Fran gone if we didn't make tourny this year. I think we have to win 1 more to be assured of bid but good job by him down the stretch to win some tough games and right the ship!
You're a very poor excuse of a fan.

Originally posted by ZaHawks:

Have to give credit to this team! Also wanted Fran gone if we didn't make tourny this year. I think we have to win 1 more to be assured of bid but good job by him down the stretch to win some tough games and right the ship!
You're a very poor excuse of a fan.
Well the truth is that fans don't think this way. It is one thing to think we are not going to have a good season but actually wanting a coach fired......that's not being a fan, and actually is detrimental to the program to spew that kind of nonsense. I invite the guy to go follow another team.

I hate to brag, but I predicted 12-6 and top 4 finish.
I missed on a few games in season. I had them 8-1 at home and 4-5 on the road.
This team is a lot better defensively than I thought they were going to be.
If Aaron White doesn't receive 1st team all bigten that would be a travesty.

I remember you did...Steve. Looks like congrats are in order!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT