ADVERTISEMENT

I have to say

I am a fan of Lesters. This team has an opportunity to be really really good. Historically good. AND not to leave out the D, that side has been pulling the weight for awhile now.
I think Lester has really helped but they still need to score TDs on 1st and goal from the 1 1/2 and the 4 yard lines.

Gill was wide open on that last pass by Cade but it was outside runs that got us there and then we try to power up the middle

Cade is not very good and the play calling in the 2nd half was pathetic. ISU loaded up every time and stuffed Iowa.
Yeah it was like they knew what was coming. As soon s it got started it's over. No way we run the schedule from here. I am an optimist and we play the games, but dropping one this early is not a good sign.

Post game, Pat "they will get better". yeah it will look like it against Troy, but what happens when we actually play someone?? A banged up ISU defense and we couldn't do more then we did??

He has been fine today. Play calling and receivers haven’t been great
Really? Have you watched the first two games? We got a mirage in the 2nd half last week because we scored. The jump ball to RVZ was just good fortune. Unfortunately Cade is both late and UNDERTHROWS almost every pass, which is a recipe for disaster. A couple of plays today we had a shot at the long ball, and he comes up 10 yards short on the ball to Brown who was behind both DB's and then the one last week to Lachey in the end zone. Was both late and short.
Hell nobody stood out in the pass game on offense or defense. X gets burned on a 75 yard play, right after Hall has the pick in the end zone and their dude just takes the ball right out of his hands. Its really simple. For some time now ISU has better playmakers at QB, and WR then we do. If we score TD's from the 3 yd line in the first half we put that game away right there. (Cade doesn't see Gill standing in the left endzone with no one within 15 yds of him). You let a team that can get chunk plays in the pass game, hang around, and you see what happened today.

Reactions: TheRealHerky
Cade is not very good and the play calling in the 2nd half was pathetic. ISU loaded up every time and stuffed Iowa.
Not sure, but maybe Lester has already lost faith in Cade to make a play. All we needed was a couple of first downs to ice that game, (jees, when have we heard that before), and we made no effort to get the ball to our TE's at all.

Not sure, but maybe Lester has already lost faith in Cade to make a play. All we needed was a couple of first downs to ice that game, (jees, when have we heard that before), and we made no effort to get the ball to our TE's at all.
TE’s had to stay in to help our inept line block

Right. On a team who was hurting at the LB position and we were exploiting it in the first half. Like I said, you have to score more then 19. Especially when you are up 13-0 at the half. 6 points in the entire second half??????? Shut out in the 4th?

Iowa ran 20 plays in the 4th quarter and gained 20 yards. No clock consumed and therefore time allowed for the field goal. That and settling for field goals after having first and goal inside the 3. Offense remains not good enough!

Reactions: TheRealHerky
I drank the koolaid after the Illinois State game, wrote off the 1st half to rust and thought the real Iowa showed up in the 2nd half. Nope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT