ADVERTISEMENT

I met a real live racist the other day....

So, I was in the hotel parking lot in Raleigh getting stuff out of my car and a couple walked by with some very expensive and pampered dogs.

"Nice dogs" I said to the couple, an Indian man and his female companion who looked like she was Korean?

Anyway, she kept walking and he stopped to talk to me.

He asked me where I was from. When I told him I was from Florida he asked if I thought DeSantis would win the election. I told him I didn't think DeSantis had a chance.

Then all of a sudden he started talking about BLM and how he hates American black people. He explained that he has no problem with blacks in Africa, but said that American blacks are all fat and lazy, looking for handouts or engaging in criminal activity.

I was literally shocked.

I said he was describing a culture thing rather than a racial thing. He wasn't having that and continued to rant about African Americans. I got my bags out of the car and said "have a nice walk" and went into the hotel.

Anyway, that's the CSB for tonight.
I would have let him know I didn't appreciate having to fire perfectly good IT workers and replacing them with 2 or 3 people from India to do one job held by an American.

Reactions: The Tradition
I’m on the front lines working with Black coworkers and friends in a Black community
Lol
Tell me this then, genius: Why don’t you see Cameroonian culture as much here? Or Ivorian? Or Senegalese? Or Angola? Why is it American “Black” culture? How did that happen
You talk as if black culture in America
isn’t diverse, or that every black person in America views him or herself as a victim of Jim Crow.

Oh, and one definition of racism:
  • the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.
You should have then explained how Black American culture was actually a product of slavery, Jim Crow, and systemic racism. See how hard that truth would be to swallow.

Get it?

• Haha
Reactions: OhAdam
My first experience of actually witnessing racism was when I was at most 10 years old. I would go roller skating on Saturday mornings where my mom and dad met. It's now the Kino sandal factory for those who are familiar. I was in line waiting to pay my $1 and get skates with a black kid about my age right in front of me. When he got up to pay the owner (Tommy) wouldn't let him and kid said he wanted to skate. At that point Tommy reached under the counter and pulled out a golf club (iron) and threatened the kid with it so the kid ran out. Edit to add, in one of our hometown FB groups Tommy's granddaughter was boasting how Tommy owned the skating rink so I retold the above story in that post.

My first experience of actually witnessing racism was when I was at most 10 years old. I would go roller skating on Saturday mornings where my mom and dad met. It's now the Kino sandal factory for those who are familiar. I was in line waiting to pay my $1 and get skates with a black kid about my age right in front of me. When he got up to pay the owner (Tommy) wouldn't let him and kid said he wanted to skate. At that point Tommy reached under the counter and pulled out a golf club (iron) and threatened the kid with it so the kid ran out. Edit to add, in one of our hometown FB groups Tommy's granddaughter was boasting how Tommy owned the skating rink so I retold the above story in that post.

What was Tommy’s last name?

We moved to key west in ‘77 and the kino factory I think had just recently moved to its current location.

Lol

You talk as if black culture in America
isn’t diverse, or that every black person in America views him or herself as a victim of Jim Crow.

Oh, and one definition of racism:
  • the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

Get it?
Your definition of racism has nothing to do with my statement as it has nothing to do with their race, other than their culture being FORCED to be associated with a racial identity by White Americans. Yes there is diversity of subcultures within the larger culture. That’s a given. Do you really think there’s not a distinct White American culture now? Are you really denying that enslavement and oppression by White Americans, the systematic family destruction, and the cultural genocide they underwent hasn’t had significant and long lasting impact on the cultural norms of a large subset of the population? I’d love to live with such a simplistic worldview. Everything would be so easy.

And no, many do not see themselves as victims, as the real story (despite what Republicans say) is the slow and steady march back to prosperity for Black America.

Your definition of racism has nothing to do with my statement as it has nothing to do with their race, other than their culture being FORCED to be associated with a racial identity by White Americans. Yes there is diversity of subcultures within the larger culture. That’s a given. Do you really think there’s not a distinct White American culture now? Are you really denying that enslavement and oppression by White Americans, the systematic family destruction, and the cultural genocide they underwent hasn’t had significant and long lasting impact on the cultural norms of a large subset of the population? I’d love to live with such a simplistic worldview. Everything would be so easy.

And no, many do not see themselves as victims, as the real story (despite what Republicans say) is the slow and steady march back to prosperity for Black America.
I agree with all of this. Obviously, you’ve invested a lot of thought in this topic. I have no issues with where you stand. Thank you for the clarification.

Well played.

I ran into a new category the other day; She was referring to herself as a Russian White and complaining about American Whites.

She hated Putin, was good looking, hated BLM, and seemed accomplished so I just went with it.

I suspect some of the Ukrainian refugees are facing this dynamic to a degree ... at least in Poland and the rest of Europe. I am not sure we have more than a handful to this point.

• Haha

White shouldn't be capitalized.

And do tell what the distinct white culture is...

Usually people answer that question by citing what affluent white people do...

Last edited:

Slavery as you described didn't origninate in America nor did it end in America, it exists today throughout much of African and Arab states today. Regarding systemic family destruction the blacks themselves are experts at that they need no help from other races.

• Haha
Slavery as you described didn't origninate in America nor did it end in America, it exists today throughout much of African and Arab states today. Regarding systemic family destruction the blacks themselves are experts at that they need no help from other races.
Racist moron is racist. Compare the number of two parent households in just about any African country to America:

Racist moron is racist. Compare the number of two parent households in just about any African country to America:

However that is a choice the parties themselves made. Your finger pointing is laughable. The black community does it to themselves, there are plenty of churches to get married in.

My God this thread has become a complete...

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

My father-in-law is a retired doctor who emigrated to the U.S. from South Korea in the late 70’s. He is a very well-traveled and educated man, and it takes some good Scotch to get him to open up. The first time we met was at their family holiday gathering and he went on a tangent very similar to the OP: ‘Blacks in Africa are very different than American Blacks, who tend to be impulsive, entitled, and selfish, etc.’

I was in shock and have never been to Africa, plus I didn’t want to share my prejudices with a relative stranger. His three children were mortified and quickly changed the subject. My late father worked with an Ugandan named Ueche who was a really interesting person. One night we went out for a few beers and Ueche made a passing comment that he didn’t like to associate with “our Blacks” and instead preferred the company of Whites.

I guess my point is prejudices exist all over the world. My opinion is the word “racist” is grossly overused.

CSB

Reactions: DFSNOLE and GOHOX69
So, I was in the hotel parking lot in Raleigh getting stuff out of my car and a couple walked by with some very expensive and pampered dogs.

"Nice dogs" I said to the couple, an Indian man and his female companion who looked like she was Korean?

Anyway, she kept walking and he stopped to talk to me.

He asked me where I was from. When I told him I was from Florida he asked if I thought DeSantis would win the election. I told him I didn't think DeSantis had a chance.

Then all of a sudden he started talking about BLM and how he hates American black people. He explained that he has no problem with blacks in Africa, but said that American blacks are all fat and lazy, looking for handouts or engaging in criminal activity.

I was literally shocked.

I said he was describing a culture thing rather than a racial thing. He wasn't having that and continued to rant about African Americans. I got my bags out of the car and said "have a nice walk" and went into the hotel.

Anyway, that's the CSB for tonight.
Page 2 and not one of you degenerates has asked about the Korean? wife.

Disappoint Juno Temple GIF by STARZ

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
There are lots of racist Indians. Trust me on that.
Is that due to the class system in India?

Also, we have an older Indian doctor that lives in our neighborhood, he and his wife will walk by in the street instead of on the sidewalk some evenings. I used to say hello to them but they never speak. I gave up trying to be nice to them.

Reactions: GOHOX69
My father-in-law is a retired doctor who emigrated to the U.S. from South Korea in the late 70’s. He is a very well-traveled and educated man, and it takes some good Scotch to get him to open up. The first time we met was at their family holiday gathering and he went on a tangent very similar to the OP: ‘Blacks in Africa are very different than American Blacks, who tend to be impulsive, entitled, and selfish, etc.’

I was in shock and have never been to Africa, plus I didn’t want to share my prejudices with a relative stranger. His three children were mortified and quickly changed the subject. My late father worked with an Ugandan named Ueche who was a really interesting person. One night we went out for a few beers and Ueche made a passing comment that he didn’t like to associate with “our Blacks” and instead preferred the company of Whites.

I guess my point is prejudices exist all over the world. My opinion is the word “racist” is grossly overused.

CSB
My grandfather (dad's side) told me he wasn't at all prejudiced.

"There's some whites as bad as blacks and some blacks as good as whites."

smh

• Haha
Reactions: Thunderlips71
Is that due to the class system in India?

Also, we have an older Indian doctor that lives in our neighborhood, he and his wife will walk by in the street instead of on the sidewalk some evenings. I used to say hello to them but they never speak. I gave up trying to be nice to them.
No clue. Maybe they are non English speakers. Some Indians can't converse well in English and are scared of talking to others due to accent etc.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017

CSB
The older Koreans are very racist. I found that out quickly when I was over there. It comes from the Korean War but I still don't understand why. I never did ask though. Edit: I should state racists against American blacks.

No clue. Maybe they are non English speakers. Some Indians can't converse well in English and are scared of talking to others due to accent etc.
Sorry, meant caste system, not class.
I figured you are from India so that’s why asked. He is a Dr so one would think his English is good enough but as you stated, might not be.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Sorry, meant caste system, not class.
I figured you are from India so that’s why asked. He is a Dr so one would think his English is good enough but as you stated, might not be.
I can't speak for others but there's a lot of racist Indians. Lots.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT