ADVERTISEMENT

I think Kill Bill has moved up to #2 on the QT List

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
I consider 1 and 2 to be one whole movie. It got better with age. Especially with more and more Asian Kung Fu stuff coming out. It’s a great homage with a good story and great characters, cinematography and action choreography.

Full package.

There is one issue though...the scene with the Crazy 88. She jumps and goes all Crouching Tiger with the high flying act up to the balcony...then...she can barely pull her self up over the railing. Probably an outpost though. Maybe an homage to the old Superman where he puts his chest out deflecting bullets then ducks when they throw the gun.

Volume 1 was much better than volume 2 imo. Im assuming Pulp Fiction is your number? If not, your opinion is invalid and you should never post here again.

I will respectfully disagree. It will be very hard for him to make another movie to break my top three of:

Pulp Fiction
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained

I would probably have Kill Bill around #5. That in NO way means I didn't enjoy it.

Reactions: HumbleP1e
Volume 1 was much better than volume 2 imo. Im assuming Pulp Fiction is your number? If not, your opinion is invalid and you should never post here again.

Kill Bill > Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill is probably 4th or 5th for me. I can't get past the final scene in which, not only is Bill a martial arts expert, leader of an elite assassination squad, and wonderful father, he is also a cutting edge chemist who created a better version of sodium pentothal. It's too much of an Ex Machina for me. And he has an overly simplistic understanding of the Superman mythology.
Maybe I dislike that scene so much because I like the scene immediately before it so much. IMHO, the Esteban Vihaio scene is the best in both movies.

Reactions: jasonrann
This, Tyler pushing hard for wpoty, good lord.

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill Vol. 1

I am going to go out on a limb and guess it's an age thing. I was in my mid 20's when it came out. I saw it in the theater right after it opened. I was by myself and after the opening scene, I literally said "what the hell am I about to see?" It was awesome. I looked around for other people's reactions.

I proceeded to go another 7 times taking people that had not seen it. The results were fantastic.

It's an important reference point because if I had seen it years later after some of his other work, I may not have appreciated it as much. It blew my mind.

I wouldn't rate Kill Bill above Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction...but it is a very under-rated movie (if looking at them as one).

I actually don't mind part 2...it is necessary to set part 1. I thought the actors chosen were mostly excellent choices, especially Carradine and Parks' dual roles.

I think Pulp Fiction still has to be #1. After that, for me it's probably Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood...

Do I get to include Natural Born Killers since he wrote the story? If so, that rounds out my top 5.

I get that Reservoir Dogs is a good movie, and important for the genre. It's just not one that I'll watch over and over like some of his others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT