ADVERTISEMENT

I think only Kirk and Beth know

KF is the HC. He is responsible for everything.

But, was it KF "restraining" the offense that could barely complete a pass? Or block? Did he refuse to let them practice?

The offense the last two years couldn't do anything well. Complete lack of execution. That's on the OC and other coaches on the offense. And, yes, KF is responsible for hiring them.

KF id not going to give any coordinator complete autonomy.
I would wager that PP has complete autonomy.

I would wager that PP has complete autonomy.
Why? Because the defense is good, meaning KF hasn't screwed it up by getting involved?

KF gets NO credit for a superior defense but gets at least 50% of the blame for a crappy offense. I've never bought into that theory.

Reactions: BVHawkeye
Why? Because the defense is good, meaning KF hasn't screwed it up by getting involved?

KF gets NO credit for a superior defense but gets at least 50% of the blame for a crappy offense. I've never bought into that theory.
The HC gets blame (Offense) and credit (Defense). I would say that PP has earned the autonomy and that KF is pretty hands off as KF's background is OL and not Defense.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2

Honestly, if Kirk hasn't been devoting almost 100% of his attention these last few years to the broken offense he SHOULD be fired.

As the head coach, Kirk should absolutely get credit for putting together a top notch staff on the defensive side of the ball and creating the environment for them to be successful. The results have been overwhelmingly positive.

Also, as the the head coach, Kirk should have spent every available moment addressing the abysmal offense. That's what needed attention. That's what good executives do. That's where Kirk has struggled. He hasn't been able to put together the staff or the solutions to what's gone wrong on that side of the ball.

How would you guys feel about frost taking the offensive coordinator position, could you look past the fact that he is Scott frost if you thought it would make the hawks better, or would you be upset regardless of how well you thought he could do?
Scott Frost will NOT be the OC at Iowa in this world or any other.

I have seen names being thrown around and various scenariod for over a week now and I don't think anybody other than a couple people have a clue who our next OC will be. I would think something will be announced before early signing day and the portal shutting down, but who knows how this will end up.

In the end - will fans disappointed, giddy about the hire or scratching their heads? I remember when Kirk was hired and he took forever to announce his new DC (Norm Parker), everybody was saying who is this guy. Could that happen again?

We will all know sooner rhan later.
Better than that, how about the complete lambasting Kirk took when he hired his first o-line coach from the Ivy League? What the hell does an Ivy League coach know about B10 football? Well, O’Hara showed each and every one of them.

You don't think what about what?
Who is "we"? This was 100% Kirk's call.
His being retained through the end of the season was not "100% Kirk's call". In theory, it was at most 50%. BF doesn't report to Kirk. He reports to Beth. She didn't fire him. She made the announcement that his contract would not be renewed. To whatever extent KF had the ability to thumb the scales, it absolutely is not 100%.

What I am saying is that if it were 100% Kirk's call, BF would be our OC next year.

My guess is that KF already knows how it is going to be. The kids they are in contact with probably already know who it is going to be. KF isn't as dumb as some people like to make him out to be sometimes.

Reactions: Quintana
His being retained through the end of the season was not "100% Kirk's call". In theory, it was at most 50%. BF doesn't report to Kirk. He reports to Beth. She didn't fire him. She made the announcement that his contract would not be renewed. To whatever extent KF had the ability to thumb the scales, it absolutely is not 100%.

What I am saying is that if it were 100% Kirk's call, BF would be our OC next year.
The non-renewable wasn't Kirk's call. Brian wasn't coming back next year. If Kirk wanted Brian gone before the end of the year, Brian would be fishing somewhere today. If Kirk wanted Brian to finish out the season, he was going to finish out the season. 100% Kirk's call on that.

Reactions: Bierhalter
Who would call the plays, Petras? Kirk? Develop the offensive game plan for remaining games?
No bueno.
Oh there are some who think we could have snatched away Bama's OC to come here with 4 games left and get us to 500 yards a game.

I think only Kirk and Beth know​

If I had to guess, you are 50% correct.

He probably only talks to her when he absolutely has to. She won't be involved much in the hiring.

Reactions: jonesy5960
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT