ADVERTISEMENT

I told you so…

Rathjen was recruited over twice this year, first with VV3 and then with Ferrari, so he really had a chip on his shoulder for this one. He grew up a Hawks fan, was an Iowa state champ, a Fargo runner up, and a top 30 in his class on Willie's big board. Since committing, he was recruited over with Chittum first, then VV3, then Ferrari. It's like, what does this kid have to do to get any respect around here?!?
Cody Chittum is a blue-chipper, anyone and everyone was going to recruit him regardless of weight and that's the way it should be.

And why do you assume that Rathjen was recruited over and more importantly, deserves to not be recruited over?
All 3 of these guys wanted to wrestle for Iowa (at least at the time), so the feeling was mutual and lastly, Rathjen hasn't done enough to warrant any spot being gifted to him.

I don't see any disrespect towards him.

OK, so you are only concerned with dramatics and not severity. He was very dramatic - over the top.
He took a swipe at an opponent and hit the ref. After winning the match. That’s over the top. And that was before the dramatic performance.

Have you EVER witnessed the winner of a match get a DQ? After the fact? We’re not talking about run of the mill bad behavior and subsequent drama. This is next level villainy shite.

I thought ADS did worse than that. In both cases, internal punishment is merited; but, not a permanent ban.
Ive wrestled since gradeschool thru college, coached for years after that. Watched or participated in wrestling for 50 yrs now. Also watched ADS. What AF did was so far over the top and worse than anything ive ever scene. ADS never did anything remotely close.

Your either a Ferrari ass sucker, mentally challenged or a great troll! Which is it.

He has 0 respect for anything or anyone. Its evident he thinks hes above the law and any authority supported by his parents. My impression is this arrogant jackass has been getting away with everything all his life because he wins matches.
Kicked out of HSs
Kicked out of college
Smoke fire with assaulting women way more im sure
Constant self promo-which does nothing but make him look ridiculous
Slap ref
Flip of potential teammate
Flip of crowd twice
0 remorse

Hit the road to rutgers!

He served his team suspension, hopefully he learns from it and doesn’t let it happen again.
These run ins with the law, especially with most of them involving alcohol, shows he hasn’t bought into living the lifestyle of someone serious about being a starter on an elite team and being a champion. Most people who drink a fare amount never have a run in with police because of it. If you do, there is a good chance you’re drinking enough to be considered an alcoholic. He must be fairly talented to even have as much success as he has living the typical Iowa college kid lifestyle. How good could have Penrith been if he led a cleaner lifestyle ?

• Haha
Reactions: okcpokefan12
Also watched ADS. What AF did was so far over the top and worse than anything ive ever scene. ADS never did anything remotely close.

Your either a Ferrari ass sucker, mentally challenged or a great troll! Which is it.
Did AJ try to break anyone's arm or threaten to kill anyone? Think before you post next time. I leaned against the boys becoming Hawks. Once they became Hawks, I am "in" in trying to reform them and make them responsible teammates and citizens. If the team is onboard too, give Coach Brands a chance to mold them.

Rathjen was recruited over twice this year, first with VV3 and then with Ferrari, so he really had a chip on his shoulder for this one. He grew up a Hawks fan, was an Iowa state champ, a Fargo runner up, and a top 30 in his class on Willie's big board. Since committing, he was recruited over with Chittum first, then VV3, then Ferrari. It's like, what does this kid have to do to get any respect around here?!?
Stop getting alcohol related arrests, for one. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Libertylover
Did AJ try to break anyone's arm or threaten to kill anyone? Think before you post next time. I leaned against the boys becoming Hawks. Once they became Hawks, I am "in" in trying to reform them and make them responsible teammates and citizens. If the team is onboard too, give Coach Brands a chance to mold them.
If you’re actually a hawk fan, I can’t imagine what your reaction would be if these clowns were on another team

"Connected is one thing. Being actually committed to Iowa, in school, and on the roster is another.

Saying what he did "wasn't over the top" means you are in no position to take shots at others.

In "Jersey" Speak: He's a friend of mine vs He's a friend of ours.

Reactions: GiApet and el dub
Why don't you clearly define what is "over the top".

It's the move that Lincoln Hawk used to beat Bull Hurley in arm wrestling.

over-the-top-1024x483.jpg

Does it take effort to be this dumb? He is totally connected to the Iowa program. Wasn't that The Bull and Dennis in his corner? They got chippy with each other. ZG wasn't a totally innocent by-stander. The fans should have just shut up and let the coaches handle it. Booing only incites more horrible behavior. They started booing him, so, he flipped them off. Both were very immature.

Many of us were not AJ Ferrari fans long before he was kicked off Okie State, and was in the process of coming to Iowa. Many of us were open to giving him a shot and redeeming himself. In his very first competition back with Iowa coaches in his corner as you point out, he does what he did. He deserved the boos. The fans aren't at any fault. You're a complete clown for dying on this hill.

Does it take effort to be this dumb? He is totally connected to the Iowa program. Wasn't that The Bull and Dennis in his corner? They got chippy with each other. ZG wasn't a totally innocent by-stander. The fans should have just shut up and let the coaches handle it. Booing only incites more horrible behavior. They started booing him, so, he flipped them off. Both were very immature.
I think you answered your opening question with your own babbling that followed

Stay out of trouble, win the spot, actually beat someone that is currently all-american caliber.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Even hated old trolls get the concern. Envy-ridden TB sublets his team to a muscle beach townie and his oiled, tanned, downhome family. This is done to make The One (Angelo, not Neo) a Hawk. The deal demands UI enrollment of two more sons, one (AJ) a former NCAA champ with demons. When said demon presents as a profane gymnast doing splits, half the fanbase combusts and demands Birdman fly far far away.
It’s both funny and not. Spontaneous loss of self-control (on a highway, at SS, perhaps with coed) is scary, even dangerous. If a physical or mental glitch, seek treatment. If not medical and just a conscious choice to act an ass or irresponsibly, maybe it’s time to stop blaming “youthful hijinks” and cut the ingrate loose. Force Neo and Daddy Barbells to make a choice. The one they should’ve made the first time. A choice that excludes AJ and his corrosive drain on “band of brothers” camaraderie. If it goes there, I’d say Angelo still chooses the Hawks, and your room is stronger for it (with ZG an inspired beast).
Doubt anything changes, though. Enjoy the dual. Jealous it’s at your house. Troll out a while for repairs. I know, I know. STAY the f out.

Reactions: Pyeman
Zack started the melee by charging him immediately before he even stood up. Don’t start something you can’t finish. If you start a fight, don’t be shocked if that person takes a weak slap at you while they are back peddling to get away from you. Zack didn’t get touched, only thing hurt were feeling of both guys.
Chael, is that you?

Many of us were not AJ Ferrari fans long before he was kicked off Okie State, and was in the process of coming to Iowa. Many of us were open to giving him a shot and redeeming himself. In his very first competition back with Iowa coaches in his corner as you point out, he does what he did. He deserved the boos. The fans aren't at any fault. You're a complete clown for dying on this hill.
Vodka - I wish you would learn to argue without the need for name calling. It does nothing to promote any kind of a good give and take between us all. Your post was spot on until the last sentence - and then you AJ'd it.

Vodka - I wish you would learn to argue without the need for name calling. It does nothing to promote any kind of a good give and take between us all. Your post was spot on until the last sentence - and then you AJ'd it.

There is no give and take occurring with @texas twister on this. He's been dying on this hill with completely absurd reasoning and a delusional assessment of the situation while countless posters have told him why he's wrong and illogical.

You're right, that calling someone a 🤡 doesn't add anything productive. It doesn't live up to the cesspool standard. 😂

I'll make it a 2024 resolution to stop calling people acting like clowns, clowns.

There is no give and take occurring with @texas twister on this. He's been dying on this hill with completely absurd reasoning and a delusional assessment of the situation while countless posters have told him why he's wrong and illogical.

You're right, that calling someone a 🤡 doesn't add anything productive. It doesn't live up to the cesspool standard. 😂

I'll make it a 2024 resolution to stop calling people acting like clowns, clowns.
Is normal…

Oh it surely lives up to the standards - this is just food for thought for someone who I sometimes enjoy a little back and forth with.

He took a swipe at an opponent and hit the ref. After winning the match. That’s over the top. And that was before the dramatic performance.

Have you EVER witnessed the winner of a match get a DQ? After the fact? We’re not talking about run of the mill bad behavior and subsequent drama. This is next level villainy shite.
I'm not condoning anything that went on at the end of the match. In fact, it pissed me off and was honestly embarrassed that we were involved in this fiasco. But, are you sure he hit the ref? I really don't want to watch the whole sh*t show again but guess I should, to see if this happened. I didn't see the ref get hit when I watched it live.

Reactions: el dub
I'm not condoning anything that went on at the end of the match. In fact, it pissed me off and was honestly embarrassed that we were involved in this fiasco. But, are you sure he hit the ref? I really don't want to watch the whole sh*t show again but guess I should, to see if this happened. I didn't see the ref get hit when I watched it live.
He did not hit anyone. I just watched a video of the end of a match with Vito and freshman Bailey, and Vito was on top at the end with Bailey on his back, and Vito gave him much bigger shove into the mat than Aj did. Bailey came after him, then refused to shake hands. All it was missing was the bird splits, but that is a unique move AJ may be able to patten. Point is, this shit happens all the time. What made this bad was it was between possible future teammates, with the crowd obviously picking sides and the one they picked against using sign language 😉

I didn’t see it either, but it was reported to have happened by numerous posters. Either way, I’m pretty sure that swipe got him DQ-ed.

Don’t know why you’re directing me to call something. I’m not a ref. 🤦

We’ve seen stalling called much more quickly through our dual season. I’d tend to doubt it’s being called much different at PSU.

Cornell at Ohio State: Ungar has been dinged for stalling on top by Angel Rivera twice in the first two periods. It’s beautiful.

Explain just how you are going to reform them.

Explain just how you are going to reform them.
That’s the part I’m not getting as well. With AJ’s recent posting, I’m guessing/hoping that Iowa has gotten wise and decided to back off after the, “two fingered/soldier salute.”

Reactions: Iron Doc

I'm sure you impress yourself. Only your glorious reasoning is is acceptable. Apparently, you are the standard of perfection. 🤣

Our expectations arent perfection….just class respect, character…..etc. all which aj&co dont have a shred of
I agree that they are major projects that I hope Coach Brands and the entire team make a wise decision concerning.

Ive wrestled since gradeschool thru college, coached for years after that. Watched or participated in wrestling for 50 yrs now. Also watched ADS. What AF did was so far over the top and worse than anything ive ever scene. ADS never did anything remotely close.

He has 0 respect for anything or anyone. Its evident he thinks hes above the law and any authority supported by his parents. My impression is this arrogant jackass has been getting away with everything all his life because he wins matches.
Kicked out of HSs
Kicked out of college
Smoke fire with assaulting women way more im sure
Constant self promo-which does nothing but make him look ridiculous
Slap ref
Flip of potential teammate
Flip of crowd twice
0 remorse

Hit the road to rutgers!

I was fine with this until Rutgers. Again, as a Rutgers fan, what did I ever do to you??

Our expectations arent perfection….just class respect, character…..etc. all which aj&co dont have a shred of

In all fairness we dont know if Angelo is a turd or not.

• Haha
Reactions: Agoodnap
In all fairness we dont know if Angelo is a turd or not.
A fellow ref that knows them very well told me that he is much better than the older 2. I sure hope they can get their ducks in a row. I really hate to see young individuals like this head down that self destructive road.

Reactions: hmshawk12
He gets respect for his wrestling ability, but if he really wants to be respected a good start would be to quit getting arrested in the off season.
how hypocritical….. a hawkeye wrestler gets arrested, that’ a negative but you have no problem defending AJ. why not just admit your only concern is winning at any cost and any risk.

Reactions: Lambertt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT