ADVERTISEMENT

I told you so…

I wish everyone would stop comparing DeSanto’s experiences with this. It’s two completely different scenarios.
No kidding. Take any diagnosis out of it even.

Desanto lives and breathes wrestling. I completely get that level of commitment will bring high levels of passion.

AJ's passion is building a brand. Wrestling, weightlifting, guns, bling, fast cars, girls, etc. Wrestling is just an avenue to get his brand in front of a lot of people. And Iowa gives him the most possible eyes. The family isn't leaving.

No kidding. Take any diagnosis out of it even.

Desanto lives and breathes wrestling. I completely get that level of commitment will bring high levels of passion.

AJ's passion is building a brand. Wrestling, weightlifting, guns, bling, fast cars, girls, etc. Wrestling is just an avenue to get his brand in front of a lot of people. And Iowa gives him the most possible eyes. The family isn't leaving.
Building a Brand? Punching other Hawkeye's in the face after winning, then flipping off the Iowa Fanbase while doing the splits?

AJ needs to be ran out of town. Time to to take the trash out

Building a Brand? Punching other Hawkeye's in the face after winning, then flipping off the Iowa Fanbase while doing the splits?

AJ needs to be ran out of town. Time to to take the trash out
I call it building a brand. All about getting clicks. Ferrari is only about himself. He'll use Iowa wrestling to get his name out there any way possible. Yesterday might not have been a disaster in his mind. He got talked about more in 1 day than in the last year.

I call it building a brand. All about getting clicks. Ferrari is only about himself. He'll use Iowa wrestling to get his name out there any way possible. Yesterday might not have been a disaster in his mind. He got talked about more in 1 day than in the last year.
No one trolls Iowa like I do. And if I dont even want those kids giving the Hawk program a black eye then that should tell you all something.

That was must see tv. I was entertained. How many guys have you seen win a match and then get DQ’ed after the fact? How many Hawks have you seen flip off the Hawkeye Nation after a match? It’s a new era, fellas! THIS will help attendance. I didn’t realize we needed a next level villain in the program until last night. This board is blowing up!

No one trolls Iowa like I do. And if I dont even want those kids giving the Hawk program a black eye then that should tell you all something.
Agreed. As a PSU fan who respects the Iowa tradition/brand/whatever, as much as I wanna see Iowa lose to us, I don't wish this shit show on them. Their fan base doesn't deserve this. The Iowa wrestlers don't deserve this. TnT and their desperation to win by any means necessary are entirely to blame. I hope they lose their jobs soon, and the Iowa program comes back to a level of class that garners respect from everyone across the country.

Fair point. But Glazier did start it. It’s completely on Aj though. He’s got to know that people are gonna try to push his buttons, including teammates. I still don’t think that’s abnormal in a wrestle off situation. The flicking people off…yeah that’s crap. The heated back and forth and shoving…semi normal.
AJ looked good wrestling. Loved the explosion and had slick reshots—something we never see from Iowa guys. Anthony showed guts and heart. It’s a shame we aren’t talking about the wrestling as the other stuff overshadows it.

AJ looked good wrestling. Loved the explosion and had slick reshots—something we never see from Iowa guys. Anthony showed guts and heart. It’s a shame we aren’t talking about the wrestling as the other stuff overshadows it.
I mean the Soldier Salute field wasn’t exactly the Big Ten Championships or NCAAs.

That was must see tv. I was entertained. How many guys have you seen win a match and then get DQ’ed after the fact? How many Hawks have you seen flip off the Hawkeye Nation after a match? It’s a new era, fellas! THIS will help attendance. I didn’t realize we needed a next level villain in the program until last night. This board is blowing up!
It would make a great Snickers commercial. “You’re not you when you’re hungry” and then AJ’s middle finger would be blurred out in the commercial..

Yes, and our fan base was just as embarrassing.

clear your eye’s then and watch the video. I was there all day, had great seat for finals. Was quick slap into the air, didn’t even come close. ****ing pearl clutches on here saying he punched him out, worse hyperbole than Trump uses. If he wanted to deck him he could have easily done it. I knew all you never Ferrari fans would be here tonight dancing on the families grave and indirectly on the teams grave.
and who gave the “anti Ferrari fans” the reason and opportunity to express their dissatisfaction?

Reactions: vhsalum
Agreed. As a PSU fan who respects the Iowa tradition/brand/whatever, as much as I wanna see Iowa lose to us, I don't wish this shit show on them. Their fan base doesn't deserve this. The Iowa wrestlers don't deserve this. TnT and their desperation to win by any means necessary are entirely to blame. I hope they lose their jobs soon, and the Iowa program comes back to a level of class that garners respect from everyone across the country.
I'll start the call. Let's be honest fans, after this Olympic cycle who wouldn't want to see Jordan Burroughs leading the Hawks down a different path. Just sayin'.

I'll start the call. Let's be honest fans, after this Olympic cycle who wouldn't want to see Jordan Burroughs leading the Hawks down a different path. Just sayin'.
Tom’s contract runs through 2029 where he’s making 625k+ per year. The only way he’s going anywhere is if he’s fired.

Reactions: vhsalum
JB doesn’t want to be a college coach. We need a game changer. Calls to DT and askren would be my first decision.

I’d love to see what askren could do with our money and recruiting reach (plus Max stays at AWA)

Then,

Pat pop
Reader
Mark hall
Kemdawg

JB doesn’t want to be a college coach. We need a game changer. Calls to DT and askren would be my first decision.

I’d love to see what askren could do with our money and recruiting reach (plus Max stays at AWA)

Then,

Pat pop
Reader
Mark hall
Kemdawg
Askren should be priority #1 if we are looking for a new coach. He has said on FRL a few times he’s uninterested in college coaching tho.

No way Tom and Terry should be shown the door like some of you say. They simply tried to help a family get back on their feet image wise. I commend them for doing a Christ like service. Anyone that knows Tom and Terry know their hearts are in the right place. Let this play out before casting stones. I'm 100 percent in their corner and they deserve the trust of the Iowa fan base..

And you claim to be a "reasonable poster"?

He didn't give a quick bird in the heat of the moment. He pranced around the arena and posed in the splits giving the bird after he had already shook hands with Glazier and was walking off the mat.

And this isn't "closed doors". This is in public in front of young wrestlers, some who might be seeing college wrestling for the first time.
you are always condemning people for their reading comprehension, yet you clearly didn’t read my second paragraph. Practice what you preach brother. I said the f you’s were out of pocket. I was merely referring to the physicality after the match.

No way Tom and Terry should be shown the door like some of you say. They simply tried to help a family get back on their feet image wise. I commend them for doing a Christ like service. Anyone that knows Tom and Terry know their hearts are in the right place. Let this play out before casting stones. I'm 100 percent in their corner and they deserve the trust of the Iowa fan base..
they brought in this family because they were desperate. Tom can’t or won’t recruit in the elite HS market. had nothing to do with helping a family…LOL.

Flood Dumpster GIF

Christ like? Wtf? They didn't volunteer at homeless shelter, food pantries, or rehab centers. They brought in a narcissistic national champion and said "Dear God. I hope this doesn't blow-up in my face."

I’m prefacing this by saying I don’t condone e what AJ did, but it does look like his fingers/hand get stuck in Glazier’s headgear.
Even IF his fingers got stuck, they got stuck because he started pushing off. Chain of events.

Just stay away from the ****ing head and nothing happens. And stop giving this moran excuses, he doesn't deserve any.

you are always condemning people for their reading comprehension, yet you clearly didn’t read my second paragraph. Practice what you preach brother. I said the f you’s were out of pocket. I was merely referring to the physicality after the match.

I don't agree with your take that public wrestle offs or competition between teammates is the issue. The issue is that the wrestlers are displaying a lack of ability to control their emotions and maintain humility and respect while engaging in intense competition. Countless other athletes have found a way to build that mental fortitude. It needs to be a point of emphasis at Iowa.

they brought in this family because they were desperate. Tom can’t or won’t recruit in the elite HS market. had nothing to do with helping a family…LOL.
Well, he does have Bobby Telford, from the University of Iowa, to make phone calls for him, so why should he bother recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT