ADVERTISEMENT

If Davis gone promote Brian F

name BF CO-CO and let him learn. maybe KF will listen to his son. as for why Morgan was moved was to stop all the defections caused by Kaz, beside KF still has a lot of influence on the OL in development,

Brian as OC are you serious he couldn't even get a veteran offensive line lead by the Outland Trophy winner to an acceptable level.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
Originally posted by shoot_the_three:
This would be a win/win for Iowa fans. If Brian does well great and if he doesn't it will seal KF's fate as head coach. I also think that if KF is going down he is going to want to go down his way which will mean BF as offensive coordinator. My only hope (slim as it might be) is if BF is coordinator KF will listen to him and change some things.

Unfortunately if Davis is forced out he is getting hosed again.
If that happened I would be done with football!! Anyone with that last name needs to leave. No more time for experiments and hope so. We need a proven winner, we pay enough to get some experience.

you realize he reports to Barta? offensive coordinator that doesnt report to the head coach. sounds great.

Originally posted by shoot_the_three:
This would be a win/win for Iowa fans. If Brian does well great and if he doesn't it will seal KF's fate as head coach. I also think that if KF is going down he is going to want to go down his way which will mean BF as offensive coordinator. My only hope (slim as it might be) is if BF is coordinator KF will listen to him and change some things.

Unfortunately if Davis is forced out he is getting hosed again.
No, no, no KF just played that shake up the staff card 3 years ago. Nothing changed ! Some of you need to look at the 2016, 2017 schedule's and realize what's coming soon. He doesn't have the palyers to turn this program around it's only gonna get worse.

Originally posted by HaydenHawk8:
IF Davis is gone, mark me down as one who does not want Brian F as our next OC. Sorry but he is not ready.

I would like to see KF go out and find a young OC. Someone who has experience coaching QB's that are successful. My god Davis's only success story was Vince Young. All other Qb's were less than stellar and that's why Texas sucked.

Also why did Reese Morgan get moved from OL to DL? The guy could coach OL and had some of the best lines at Iowa. Why did he get moved, so BF could come in and coach? Just doesn't make sense that you move someone who is having success.
It is obvious why Ferentz put Brian as the Offensive Line coach. The line was loaded with talent and this was a sure fire way to let Brian look great and springboard to the OC position. It all backfired when Brian sucked as a line coach and the team didn't win many games. Had the line played like they should have Ferentz would have looked like a great coach. Brian Ferentz is one of maybe 5 coaches across the country that could fail with the talent on our line.

Originally posted by eddie4star:

It is obvious why Ferentz put Brian as the Offensive Line coach. The line was loaded with talent and this was a sure fire way to let Brian look great and springboard to the OC position. It all backfired when Brian sucked as a line coach and the team didn't win many games. Had the line played like they should have Ferentz would have looked like a great coach. Brian Ferentz is one of maybe 5 coaches across the country that could fail with the talent on our line.
OMG-Facepalm-GIF.gif

IF Davis is gone, mark me down as one who does not want Brian F as our next OC. Sorry but he is not ready. 

I would like to see KF go out and find a young OC. Someone who has experience coaching QB's that are successful. My god Davis's only success story was Vince Young. All other Qb's were less than stellar and that's why Texas sucked. 

Also why did Reese Morgan get moved from OL to DL? The guy could coach OL and had some of the best lines at Iowa. Why did he get moved, so BF could come in and coach? Just doesn't make sense that you move someone who is having success. 
There are two guys named Bill who disagree with you. I'll give you a hint...they work in the NFL.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Vroom_C14:

Originally posted by ZaHawks:

What if BF leaves?
Exactly what has BF accomplished that makes him so indispensable?
What if he leaves for the NFL? Say a Texas team?
Successful NFL coaches are not necessarily successful college coaches, and vice-versa. Recruiting and dealing with 18-22 year old kids is not the same as dealing with highly paid pros. BF has not accomplished much at Iowa. I think both his dad and him would do better coaching in the NFL than they do in college. Hopefully they both go there soon.

Originally posted by UNIHawkfan:

IF Davis is gone, mark me down as one who does not want Brian F as our next OC. Sorry but he is not ready.Â

I would like to see KF go out and find a young OC. Someone who has experience coaching QB's that are successful. My god Davis's only success story was Vince Young. All other Qb's were less than stellar and that's why Texas sucked.Â

Also why did Reese Morgan get moved from OL to DL? The guy could coach OL and had some of the best lines at Iowa. Why did he get moved, so BF could come in and coach? Just doesn't make sense that you move someone who is having success.Â
It is obvious why Ferentz put Brian as the Offensive Line coach. The line was loaded with talent and this was a sure fire way to let Brian look great and springboard to the OC position. It all backfired when Brian sucked as a line coach and the team didn't win many games. Had the line played like they should have Ferentz would have looked like a great coach. Brian Ferentz is one of maybe 5 coaches across the country that could fail with the talent on our line.Â
There are two guys named Bill who disagree with you. I'll give you a hint...they work in the NFL.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
When was Brian ever an OL coach in the NFL?

Originally posted by FG86:

Originally posted by ZaHawks:

What if BF leaves?
Exactly what has BF accomplished that makes him so indispensable?
What if he leaves for the NFL? Say a Texas team?
party0006.r191677.gif
He's obviously proved himself in recruiting and in being a major influence in turning a program around. He is considered a mastermind among opposing coaches and his innovative coaching skills strike fear in any team in his path.

Rob Gronkowski would be nothing if not for Brian Ferentz.

Brian's dad made a brilliant decision in hiring him as O-line coach

This post was edited on 1/16 11:40 PM by Floyd_Of_Rosedale

Ahhhh ... another "Brian Ferentz" as OC thread. The guy has absolutely no experience running an offense yet fans want to pencil him in as the next great OC. Really? Based on what? Does he know how to call a game? Does he know how to develop quarterbacks? Can he make halftime adjustments? Being an OL coach is much, much different than leading the show.

Some day ... Brian may make a good OC ... and/or head coach. SOME day. Not now. Not at Iowa. Not with a complete lack of experience being an OC. His day may eventually come, but it won't happen at Iowa.

Next year will be Kirk's last. And I don't think we will have any Ferentz's hanging around after the season ...

Ahhhh ... another "Brian Ferentz" as OC thread. The guy has absolutely no experience running an offense yet fans want to pencil him in as the next great OC. Really? Based on what? Does he know how to call a game? Does he know how to develop quarterbacks? Can he make halftime adjustments? Being an OL coach is much, much different than leading the show.

Some day ... Brian may make a good OC ... and/or head coach. SOME day. Not now. Not at Iowa. Not with a complete lack of experience being an OC. His day may eventually come, but it won't happen at Iowa.

Next year will be Kirk's last. And I don't think we will have any Ferentz's hanging around after the season ...
Hmmm.

And those questions aren't even as basic as "does he know anything about designing an offense?".

I guess we all know the answers to your questions!

i always contended, that if bf was good enough to be hired as OC here, he would surely have been good enough to get hired as OC somewhere else. some lucky school where he could make mistakes and learn on the job without the cloud of nepotism casting shadows of doubt, try to make a name for himself and then come back as a proven commodity.

i think we all know why that didn't happen...

You were doing so well.......and then you decided to take a sharp left right off a f***ing cliff at the very end. It happens....

I’d like to see BF go elsewhere just to stop these threads from popping up. At some other school, not handcuffed by KF, my guess is he’d do extremely well. Fans act like he has complete control of the offense, even though we all know that isn’t the case

I’d like to see BF go elsewhere just to stop these threads from popping up. At some other school, not handcuffed by KF, my guess is he’d do extremely well. Fans act like he has complete control of the offense, even though we all know that isn’t the case
You realize he’s so bad that no other school wants him don’t you? He wouldn’t do worth a shit anywhere as an OC.

• Haha
Reactions: CarterHall
Who knows....Maybe BF would be an excellent OC if he weren't shackled to Dad's game plans and allowed to truly design and run his own offensive scheme. There's a reason that every head coach says the same thing about Iowa's offense being so cast in stone no matter who the OC has been under Kirk.

lets face it... none of you know how to gameplan... none of you know how to run an offense... none of you know how to develop talent.

all you know is how to eat cheetos and complain about the offense.
I get as frustrated with the offense as the next person. I also understand that Kirk is in control and believes that the best way for Iowa to win is to play complementary football, so he is going to keep the reigns on the offense. This has made Kirk very successful at Iowa and has him on the verge of being a hall of fame coach, though some on this board may not feel that his resume is deserving.

I do appreciate the knowledge that Brian displays as a coach when interviewed and have seen some of the changes he has added to the offense. I hope that Kirk does allow Brian to open up the offense a little more after the loss to Purdue, though I do not expect to see anything drastically different.

Reactions: shoot_the_three
Apparently Brian isn’t all that great at these, either.

I’m glad you are happy with the offense and think everything is just fine.
yea.. I am happy with the offense.. not happy about losing last game, but very satisfied with how Brian has run the offense... I love the style and tempo of the offense and we have great competitors at every position of the offense.
I'm very confident we are in for a great stretch run here on the way to a West Division title... first one since 2015

Brian knows what he's doing... I have far more confidence in him than I do in any of the posters on this board ... guarantee it

lets face it... none of you know how to gameplan... none of you know how to run an offense... none of you know how to develop talent.
OK. None of those are required to recognize shitty offenses when you've been watching them the vast majority of almost a quarter century. Kirk is pretty hit or miss in those areas too, luckily he has Phil to bail him out most years. If the defense performed like the offense we'd be Illinois

yea.. I am happy with the offense.. not happy about losing last game, but very satisfied with how Brian has run the offense... I love the style and tempo of the offense and we have great competitors at every position of the offense.
I'm very confident we are in for a great stretch run here on the way to a West Division title... first one since 2015

Brian knows what he's doing... I have far more confidence in him than I do in any of the posters on this board ... guarantee it
Good for you. Not many people would be happy with one of the worst offenses in college football.

Why strive for a good offense as long as you have “competitors” at each position?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good for you. Not many people would be happy with one of the worst offenses in college football.

Why strive for a good offense as long as you have “competitors” at each position?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
yea... Iowa has a good offense... its embarrassingly stupid to proclaim in front of God and everybody that Iowa does not strive to have a good offense.

some of you so called Hawkeye fans are far worse than Nebraska and Iowa State fans... this sort of stuff is just plain stupid.

I ain't lost faith in the Iowa Hawkeye football team.. but I have lost faith in you, 83Hawk.

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
yea... Iowa has a good offense... its embarrassingly stupid to proclaim in front of God and everybody that Iowa does not strive to have a good offense.

some of you so called Hawkeye fans are far worse than Nebraska and Iowa State fans... this sort of stuff is just plain stupid.

I ain't lost faith in the Iowa Hawkeye football team.. but I have lost faith in you, 83Hawk.
Well, anyone who thinks an offense that ranks near the bottom of college football is “good”……doesn’t say much for that person’s football intelligence.

But you be you, Superfan.

Reactions: sellarsd
As a professional, as a man I would think he would willingly want to find out if what you say is true. Right now he’s hiding behind daddy. He knows it, everyone knows it. If he truly feels kf is holding him back he owes it to himself to find that out by leaving.

Reactions: sellarsd

all you know is how to eat cheetos and complain about the offense.

Another solid contribution. Brian, is that you?

Reactions: 83Hawk

You must not watch any football except for the Hawks. There are some incredibly talented and imaginative OC in college football. If Iowa had one, we wouldn't hear the same mantra about our offense that we do every single game ("You know what they're going to do. They just make you stop them.") It's one thing for announcers to say this, but when head coaches say it over and over you know you are starting at a disadvantage unless you have outstanding talent.

You realize he’s so bad that no other school wants him don’t you? He wouldn’t do worth a shit anywhere as an OC.
And you base that on what? Nobody knows how or what he’d do if he wasn’t locked into the KF system

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT