ADVERTISEMENT

If there are no fans in the stands

It's easy to say in May there's only going to be 20,000 tickets sold. But when September rolls around those in powers will change their tune. They will look at their budgets and realize that's not going to cut it. That TV money will only go so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Run&Blade
Even if there is a vaccine next week, a vaccine does not mean immunization. Influenza requires a new vaccine every year, and, even then, it is a calculated guess as to which strain to develop the vaccine for. Plus, people still get influenza even after getting their flu shot, due to different strain perhaps, but that is my point. You want things to go back to normal? Then, go back to normal. If you have concerns about your health or others, wear a mask, or stay home. NY had an increase in covid-19 from people that were shut in the entire time... then what? My gut feeling is, exposure and whether or not you have meaningful symptoms is inevitable. You can have 35% of the population get exposed over 18 months or 6 months. Some will get sick, some will not. Like I said, do what you wish. If you have concerns for yourself or a loved one, minimize the chance of exposure for yourself or others. At the end of the day, I don't think the cases or death tolls will be much different. The difference is how long does it drag out or run it's course.

Something like this is what I was thinking. Don’t know why it needs to be all or nothing. Limit the amount of tickets sold with preference given to season ticket holders. Ensure that spectators have adequate space and avoid selling to visiting fans. This will at least help ensure that the game doesn’t feel like a closed door scrimmage. Worst case scenario it’s like going and playing a game at Illinois under regular circumstances

At Illinois you can almost carry a conversation with fans on the opposite side of the field.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I work at another BT school. Here, the planning talk is that there will indeed be football in the fall, at least for P5 teams, with attendance limited to a quarter of capacity.

Reactions: unoHawkeye
I work at another BT school. Here, the planning talk is that there will indeed be football in the fall, at least for P5 teams, with attendance limited to a quarter of capacity.
Appreciate the good news Prof

Guessing season ticket holder higher donors get first choice of what 2 or 3 games they would want to attend and then work through that priority on down to season holder no donor. So a person might be able to attend 2 or 3 games max depending on how many wanted to try it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT