ADVERTISEMENT

If you died today, do you think you'd go to Heaven, Purgatory or Hell?

J

Jesus christ, another fcvking religion thread.
Well, he did "resurrect" a "dead" thread.

Think About It GIF by Identity

The OP asks where do you think you will go based on
your actions. Christianity says that our actions are not
the reason we go to heaven. Christians go to heaven
based on the actions of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
He died on the cross to forgive our sins and bad behavior
and rose from the grave to give the free gift of eternal life
to all those who believe in Him.

Lute,

Please excuse my 7 year late reply.

Jesus said only those that do the will of His Father will be saved. Our actions in this world are critical.

I Never Knew You​

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk

I will compost myself and feed some trees and return to the energy of the Universe.

Classic Catholic BS here. Using threats and fear. The God they made is basically Zeus minus the other Gods; impregnating women,.burning bushes, etc. Its a cartoon theology.

Jefferson said it best:

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Last edited:

I will compost myself and feed some trees and return to the energy of the Universe.

Classic Catholic BS here. Using threats and fear. The God they made is basically Zeus minus the other Gods; impregnating women,.burning bushes, etc. Its a cartoon theology.

Jefferson said it best:

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Are you 100% certain that death is the end of your consciousness?

So, a guy dies and finds himself standing in front of the Pearly Gates. St. Peter is there and tells him, "Can you name one good deed you performed in your life? If I judge it to be a 'Truly Good Deed,' you will be admitted to Heaven."

The guy thinks for a moment and says, "Well, I saw this biker gang harassing a woman. I ran over and punched the biggest, ugliest one right in the nose, and then I overturned all their motorcycles like dominoes! I couldn't stand to see them treating a woman like that!"

"Wow," said St. Peter. "That's very impressive! When did that happen?"

The guy replied, "About five minutes ago."

Last edited:
Not sure if I could say it any better than Billy Joel:

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints…
The sinners are much more fun

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
I am 100% certain that birth was the beginning of mine. Why shouldn’t death be the end of it? Occam’s, and all that…

Someone famous said death isn't the end. :)

I'll give you a hint: we celebrate His birthday before New Years.

So, a lawyer dies and finds himself at the Pearly Gates. St. Peter is there standing in front of a pedestal that holds "The Book of Life." St. Peter flips a few pages and says to the lawyer, "My goodness! According to my records, you lived to be 127 years old!"

The lawyers stammers, "Uh, there must be some mistake. I'm only 73."

"Not according to the number of hours you billed," St. Peter shot back.

Why does that matter? I am 50ish. I am agnostic. My religious family members spend more time worrying about death than they do about living. You don't know what happens after you die.

Average life expectancy for a man in America is 78.

I just turned 40. Halfway to the inevitable. I already posted about the virtue of hope. It seems reasonable considering we'll be dead in a few decades for all eternity.

The stakes are immense.

If our fate is sealed at death and we spend FOREVER either in bliss or torment based on these 70, 80 years here...that's serious business.

Nothing else really matters in the final analysis. IMO.

Average life expectancy for a man in America is 78.

I just turned 40. Halfway to the inevitable. I already posted about the virtue of hope. It seems reasonable considering we'll be dead in a few decades for all eternity.

The stakes are immense.

If our fate is sealed at death and we spend FOREVER either in bliss or torment based on these 70, 80 years here...that's serious business.

Nothing else really matters in the final analysis. IMO.
You are already dead with your belief and only 40. Sad.

I'm not sure what you mean. 40 isn't much compared to infinity.
I don’t believe in eternity myself. You do you but I’m thinking it’s more like lights out, no one really knows until it’s game over. If you find yourself in super Mario world 3-1 do some turtle tipping for me.

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT