ADVERTISEMENT

If you were tired of all the CC sstories

This Olympic slight is going to keep her the talk of the town for another month.
If by chance she goes on a little run averaging 25 pt 6 rpg 8 aapg in june. oh will the sh1t hit the fan then. looks like her stroke is comin back so it's very possible
There are other women who are qualified to make the team besides Caitlin. But it's not about just that.

I think the real slight is to advancing the popularity of women's basketball. They are getting in their own way. Who knows, maybe they like being a niche sport?

There are other women who are qualified to make the team besides Caitlin. But it's not about just that.

I think the real slight is to advancing the popularity of women's basketball. They are getting in their own way. Who knows, maybe they like being a niche sport?
Y'all are crazy. Everybody is talking about the wnba right now, for the first time ever. I think they're doing just fine.

Who cares about Olympic basketball, seriously. When’s the last time any of you watched an Olympic basketball game? This probably deserves its own thread. I am seriously curious one of you should do that.

I don’t watch the Olympics for basketball and probably haven’t for 15 to 20 years. She needs the rest and now I don’t have to watch😂😂

I agree with this, in fact, Greiner, DT and Chelsea Gray in my opinion are only there out of respect and possibly experience there are bare minimum 5+ guards, not named CC that should’ve played on that team before those two

Who cares about Olympic basketball, seriously. When’s the last time any of you watched an Olympic basketball game? This probably deserves its own thread. I am seriously curious one of you should do that.

I don’t watch the Olympics for basketball and probably haven’t for 15 to 20 years. She needs the rest and now I don’t have to watch😂😂

Sometime around 1992 for me. I would have watched with CC in the mix, I'm out as is.

This Olympic slight is going to keep her the talk of the town for another month.
If by chance she goes on a little run averaging 25 pt 6 rpg 8 aapg in june. oh will the sh1t hit the fan then. looks like her stroke is comin back so it's very possible
Good points, but I would suggest she never lost her stroke. She was simply exhausted. Iowa practice started last October, including a little game in front of 56,000 in Kinnick, then she played a 40-game college season in which she was under the microscope while setting record after record, then she spent a month running around the country to appear on TV and collect awards, and then she was under the microscope as the #1 draft choice in the WNBA, and then the pro season started, and CC's team played a frenetic schedule that didn't even leave time for practice. Then, finally, she had 4 days off. The result of that mental and physical reset? 30 points, her usual brilliance from very deep, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals.

CC was exhausted. Once she had a chance to catch her breath, she returned to form. Which is why it's great that she doesn't have to go to Paris. She'll get to rest instead, and the rest of us can ignore the jealous women who will be going there to play basketball. They'd better tighten up those skims when they get back and resume league play and face a rested and wiser Caitlin Clark.

That is absolutely not accurate. The WNBA is 3 times more physical than any other womens play in the world and the officiating cannot get worst than the WNBA and that isn't up for debate!

Reactions: BonzoFury and F5n5
For active players, the team is stacked, Ionescu deserves her first-time selection, plenty other players you could consider slighted as well. In four years should be a time for change. Exhausting just to think all the consternation to live thru now. Moving on and will enjoy watching rest of CC’s season.

Agree 100% last Olympic basketball game I watched was probably the dream team in the 90’s. Think they won by 100 or something so didn’t watch anymore. In hindsight, this is the best thing that could have happened to Caitlin. She gets a nice break and I can watch track and field instead of women or men’s basketball.

• Love
Reactions: cmhawks99

I watch.

• Wow
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Agree 100% last Olympic basketball game I watched was probably the dream team in the 90’s. Think they won by 100 or something so didn’t watch anymore. In hindsight, this is the best thing that could have happened to Caitlin. She gets a nice break and I can watch track and field instead of women or men’s basketball.
Bingo

But she deserved this year. More than anyone else on that team.
I agree. Clearly the fix was in but whose fix and why aren't clear.
On the other hand I also agree with those saying that Clark is better off with the time off. She's been getting beat up and could use the rest.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I agree. Clearly the fix was in but whose fix and why aren't clear.
On the other hand I also agree with those saying that Clark is better off with the time off. She's been getting beat up and could use the rest.
And yet, the so-called pundits at ESPN say that the physicality of international play is too much for her.

Reactions: Moral
If Caitlin is given an invite if someone is injured, let’s see if she declines or not. Let her decide if she wants to rest or play for her country.

Reactions: sadiehawkins
But she deserved this year. More than anyone else on that team.

Oh, no doubt. This should actually piss her off and motivate her to be even better, and it probably will. BUt, again, getting her a break where the attention is off for a bit and she can just sit back and watch will be good for her i think.

With the upcoming schedule leading into Olympics it makes OPs hypothetical very likely. She gets 3 days rest most games and faces bottom tier teams. In addition other teams will now start going through their meat grinder with no rest.

The leak about the reasoning being fans is.a PR disaster for the WNBA, just makes their veterans look selfish and bitter.

Good points, but I would suggest she never lost her stroke. She was simply exhausted. Iowa practice started last October, including a little game in front of 56,000 in Kinnick, then she played a 40-game college season in which she was under the microscope while setting record after record, then she spent a month running around the country to appear on TV and collect awards, and then she was under the microscope as the #1 draft choice in the WNBA, and then the pro season started, and CC's team played a frenetic schedule that didn't even leave time for practice. Then, finally, she had 4 days off. The result of that mental and physical reset? 30 points, her usual brilliance from very deep, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, and 4 steals.

CC was exhausted. Once she had a chance to catch her breath, she returned to form. Which is why it's great that she doesn't have to go to Paris. She'll get to rest instead, and the rest of us can ignore the jealous women who will be going there to play basketball. They'd better tighten up those skims when they get back and resume league play and face a rested and wiser Caitlin Clark.
giphy.gif

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Olympicgate. Foulgate. Angelgate. Any controversy. any reporting at All by the media . any drama. Is way more important than the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT