ADVERTISEMENT

Ignore list

Barn Mate
Boss Hawk
Joelbc1
Worldserieschamp2015

Excessive personal insults or repeated use of the “R-Word”.

Reactions: Mattski
As a mod on TOS I couldn't ignore any posters. I haven't done it here but Derek and his monotone posting style and content is getting close.
Wait a second here. Have the Florida state people gotten so comfortable over here they refer to their war chant site as TOS? Also as I think about this weren't the mods over there the problem? ;)

Reactions: Dudebra
I always subscribed to the ignoring posters is for pussies theory. I broke down a few weeks ago and put WWJD and a couple of his far right equivalents who probably changed on ignore.

My questions are how many people do you ignore if any and who?
More than I'd like to admit. Just checked my preferences to see. Didn't recognize some of them, it's been so long; they may be alternative names. And several were ignored for comments on boards other than this one.

I'm not going to list them because I'd feel obligated to explain why, and it isn't fair to badmouth somebody when you've made it impossible for him/her to reply to you.

Just Joe and Tarheel, they love to argue with you about things you never said, and really never add much to the conversation. I should add Ciggy to the list just to clean up the board. He really doesn't comment much and when he does it's probably asinine.
This is same for me. Joe and Tar are just the worst. No ability to critically think on their own. Partisan propaganda

WWJD is just clueless. More entertaining to read than to ignore

Reactions: Gimmered
Ciggy
IowaFBnBB
Derekoh2
a few penn st wrestling fans who just found out they have a program a couple years ago.

Reactions: Wendy79
Wait a second here. Have the Florida state people gotten so comfortable over here they refer to their war chant site as TOS? Also as I think about this weren't the mods over there the problem? ;)
I haven't been there for months, so yeah. A mod was the problem. A mod who probably has business cards printed naming him the lead mod. It wasn't all of us. There are several of the refugees here that will attest to this.

I wouldn't even consider putting someone on ignore.

But I'd like to pay a few people to ignore me. :mad::mad::mad:

And I think I'm on about dozen ignore lists. :cool:

@CloydWebb , let me know how much cast you need to ignore me. Don't charge me too much or I'll go public with your little secret. :mad:

Reactions: GOHOX69
This is same for me. Joe and Tar are just the worst. No ability to critically think on their own. Partisan propaganda

WWJD is just clueless. More entertaining to read than to ignore
I haven't dunked Joe and Tar because they are both intelligent guys. I keep hoping their brains will eventually overcome their hearts. But I really get tired of them "responding" to things nobody said.

I always subscribed to the ignoring posters is for pussies theory. I broke down a few weeks ago and put WWJD and a couple of his far right equivalents who probably changed on ignore.

My questions are how many people do you ignore if any and who?

Nobody currently. I had three poster on ignore for a few years but changed that a month or so ago because it made reading threads difficult at times. There is only one thing that would cause me to put someone on ignore, and that is if they REPEATEDLY tried to argue with me against a position/statement that they WANTED me to have/make instead of the position/statement that I actually have/made. Usually it started with them making a false statement about X. After I would demonstrate that it was a false statement, rather than admit they were wrong they would argue with me ad nauseam about "my" position Y--which they had no reason to believe I had.

Nobody currently. I had three poster on ignore for a few years but changed that a month or so ago because it made reading threads difficult at times. There is only one thing that would cause me to put someone on ignore, and that is if they REPEATEDLY tried to argue with me against a position/statement that they WANTED me to have/make instead of the position/statement that I actually have/made. Usually it started with them making a false statement about X. After I would demonstrate that it was a false statement, rather than admit they were wrong they would argue with me ad nauseam about "my" position Y--which they had no reason to believe I had.
You are describing Joe and Tar.

Nobody, if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. :)
That's a good standard. I have ignored a couple of posters -- here and on Cyclone Report -- because they posted so long and so often and so pointless that the effect was just to waste time and space. I have ignored a couple because they took personal shots at my wife, whom I don't think they have ever met. And I have ignored a couple because it seemed their only reason for existence was to harass me, and I lacked the willpower to resist.

I have no one on ignore, but @Kenneth Griffin is getting close. Every post is political and it gets old even seeing the thread topics he starts. We get it, you don't like Trump!! Move on and stop acting like an attention whore.

Well, that's a pretty interesting comment from someone with a law enforcement avatar. I guess you're just aok with the most lawless person to ever pollute the White House with his presence there in the history of the United States of America.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
Kenneth griffin is annoying with all his political posts. He seems like a turd in the lunch bowl type.

A mod who probably has business cards printed naming him the lead mod
source.gif

Well, that's a pretty interesting comment from someone with a law enforcement avatar. I guess you're just aok with the most lawless person to ever pollute the White House with his presence there in the history of the United States of America.
Also, one of the biggest supporters of law enforcement. I don't support everything Trump says or does, however making non-stop threads over and over isn't going to fix anything or change anyone's minds.

There's really no point ignoring someone like OiT, at least when he was considered wacky by both sides.

You just have to hope the thread can get momentum before he shows up. Ignoring him doesn't prevent the derailment, you just wouldn't necessarily know why it got derailed.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Nobody.

I refuse to take any subject, or any post, or any poster...all that seriously. As if arguing about some idiot message board post is going to change anybody's mind here.

Think about that for a moment. Has there been anything this or any other board and/or poster that has changed your mind about ever since message boards came into being?

All that anger. All that vitriol. All that hatred. For NOTHING.

I've simply accepted that there are crazy bastards worldwide (like me) that think differently than me, and believe in things different than I do. Not saying I'm right or wrong, or that they are right or wrong. Just saying it seems silly to argue anonymously about one's opinions. Besides, "real life" tends to be a helluva lot more grey than black or white anyway.

I "judge" message board posters by how good a poster they are, not necessarily their opinion one way or another.

If you're a shitty poster, I'll skip over you. If you're a great poster, I'll usually read everything you post - no matter the subject, no matter how bat shit crazy I believe you to be.

Nobody.

I refuse to take any subject, or any post, or any poster...all that seriously. As if arguing about some idiot message board post is going to change anybody's mind here.

Think about that for a moment. Has there been anything this or any other board and/or poster that has changed your mind about ever since message boards came into being?

All that anger. All that vitriol. All that hatred. For NOTHING.

I've simply accepted that there are crazy bastards worldwide (like me) that think differently than me, and believe in things different than I do. Not saying I'm right or wrong, or that they are right or wrong. Just saying it seems silly to argue anonymously about one's opinions. Besides, "real life" tends to be a helluva lot more grey than black or white anyway.

I "judge" message board posters by how good a poster they are, not necessarily their opinion one way or another.

If you're a shitty poster, I'll skip over you. If you're a great poster, I'll usually read everything you post - no matter the subject, no matter how bat shit crazy I believe you to be.
TL;DR

That's a good standard. I have ignored a couple of posters -- here and on Cyclone Report -- because they posted so long and so often and so pointless that the effect was just to waste time and space.

Do you have a link to Cyclone Report? A place where opposing viewpoints are welcome?

Never for an opinion, but definitely for dirtying up the board. My list is very short but fairly effective.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT