ADVERTISEMENT

I'm starting to rethink Trump's tweet...

We should hold the President to a slightly higher standard. Would you agree?

Also it's interesting to note that you did not reply to Speedway's post about not caring about racism yet you call out the one you did. Care to enlighten me on that?
Careful where you go here, scram. Pepperman is ignoring posters who dare call Trump a racist. You don't want to get on his bad side.

We should hold the President to a slightly higher standard. Would you agree?

Also it's interesting to note that you did not reply to Speedway's post about not caring about racism yet you call out the one you did. Care to enlighten me on that?

He shares Speedway's beliefs.

Reactions: Huey Grey
So if you are a moron you can't be a racist? Or does that excuse the behavior?

Trump is a racist. He probably doesn't recognize himself as such, but he is definitely a racist. However who is more challenged ethically. Trump the racist, or those who support the racist and make his special brand of hate acceptable.

I understand the point of view.

To me, intent of the heart matters. And that is my point. Not to condone the tweets or put lipstick on a pig.

It is quite possible that Trump is just that oblivious to the racist implications of what he said. Lol, look at his response to Graham's "aim higher." He is just that embarrassingly aloof and cognitively impaired.

Why does it matter to make that distinction? Perhaps it doesn't. But my concern is if we just chalk it up to another insidious form of racism then it underscores just how dangerous and incompetent Trump is, given his erratic and unhinged behavior.

This is craziness in the name of politics. You're all nitpicking every single thing, so it is going to get flipped back in your face when you do it as well. It is not my desire to be PC, but if you all want to insist on calling out EVERY. SINGLE. THING.... then don't act all shocked when we start calling out anything you say and do. What you'll find is Americans in general tire of this crap quickly, because most of us know that context matters. I find it ironic that one poster here reverted to facts about the demographic of athletes, but we can't use those same demographic facts in other conversations, can we?

This board is increasingly an echo chamber of the left, and I've got a lot less interest in being around it to be quite honest... not a tearful goodbye, but it just isn't a place where any debate happens anymore, and that's not a good thing.

I understand the point of view.

To me, intent of the heart matters. And that is my point. Not to condone the tweets or put lipstick on a pig.

It is quite possible that Trump is just that oblivious to the racist implications of what he said. Lol, look at his response to Graham's "aim higher." He is just that embarrassingly aloof and cognitively impaired.

Why does it matter to make that distinction? Perhaps it doesn't. But my concern is if we just chalk it up to another insidious form of racism then it underscores just how dangerous and incompetent Trump is, given his erratic and unhinged behavior.
It's possible he's just this dumb. But given his history of incendiary statements and actions against people of color in the past, it's difficult, imo, to claim that he isn't being overtly racist here.

Also keep in mind that when Trump has said something really dumb, like the Revolutionary War airport gaffe, he immediately took it back and gave an excuse like broken teleprompters as to why he said it.

He hasn't done this with his tweets. He has only doubled down on them.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
It's possible he's just this dumb. But given his history of incendiary statements and actions against people of color in the past, it's difficult, imo, to claim that he isn't being overtly racist here.

Also keep in mind that when Trump has said something really dumb, like the Revolutionary War airport gaffe, he immediately took it back and gave an excuse like broken teleprompters as to why he said it.

He hasn't done this with his tweets. He has only doubled down on them.

I know. And that is why I've said it's caused me to rethink it.

749536aa966fe711d539bcac744a0953.gif
yoSKSj7.gif

This is craziness in the name of politics. You're all nitpicking every single thing, so it is going to get flipped back in your face when you do it as well. It is not my desire to be PC, but if you all want to insist on calling out EVERY. SINGLE. THING.... then don't act all shocked when we start calling out anything you say and do. What you'll find is Americans in general tire of this crap quickly, because most of us know that context matters. I find it ironic that one poster here reverted to facts about the demographic of athletes, but we can't use those same demographic facts in other conversations, can we?

This board is increasingly an echo chamber of the left, and I've got a lot less interest in being around it to be quite honest... not a tearful goodbye, but it just isn't a place where any debate happens anymore, and that's not a good thing.

I don't consider this as nitpicking.

Trump's tweets hit an all-time low yesterday. And they very much have strong racist implications.

If anything, this is the moral of the Little Boy Who Cried Wolf story. Trump's tweets easily and probably should be deemed racist in nature. Unfortunately, we have had a lot of dubious racism charges leveled over the years that it's caused people to become overly calloused and cynical. Perhaps you're in that camp.

And, to be fair, burying your head in the sand is just as reprehensible as those always overzealous to play the race card.

Oh, and there are plenty of right-wing circle jerks on this board. Stop being a snowflake.

You can justify it however you wish, but the fact is you made an insensitive "joke" in a thread where the topic focuses on an insensitive tweet.

So you can either double down or admit it was an insensitive joke, but hey, you got some likes from your base. Do you see some of the similarities here with Trump?

I don’t think you “got” the joke.

For clarification; a lot of racist white guys complain that some black athletes are lazy. The post was lumping Speedway in with those guys. Thornton wasn’t saying black athletes are lazy; he was predicting that Speedway has that attitude.

he was predicting that Speedway has that attitude.

Glad you brought that up. I see a lot of people making "predictions" about what other people's attitudes are. And for the most part, I see a pattern with who is making predictions (very confident ones at that) in terms of political affiliation.

Glad you brought that up. I see a lot of people making "predictions" about what other people's attitudes are. And for the most part, I see a pattern with who is making predictions (very confident ones at that) in terms of political affiliation.
Do you think it's possible your perspective is biased or clouded just a bit?

I don’t think you “got” the joke.

For clarification; a lot of racist white guys complain that some black athletes are lazy. The post was lumping Speedway in with those guys. Thornton wasn’t saying black athletes are lazy; he was predicting that Speedway has that attitude.

This is the IQ issue I always come back to with conservatives.

Do we know that the 4 he's referencing aren't anti-white? He is a white president. How come one of the 4 aren't white, after all most in congress are white . . . same convenient conclusion.

What he said was the same thing rednecks said to the Dixie Chicks: if you don't like this country GTFO. It's nationalism, race is convenient.

Do we know that the 4 he's referencing aren't anti-white? He is a white president. How come one of the 4 aren't white, after all most in congress are white . . . same convenient conclusion.

What he said was the same thing rednecks said to the Dixie Chicks: if you don't like this country GTFO. It's nationalism, race is convenient.
He said “go back where you came from” not “GTFO”. Three of them are from...well...this country and the other is a naturalized US citizen. Their being women of color explains his stupidity.

Are you using Nationalism as a defense of racism?

He said “go back where you came from” not “GTFO”. Three of them are from...well...this country and the other is a naturalized US citizen. Their being women of color explains his stupidity.
Him separating them out to become the face of the Dem party explains his tact.

The potus puts out an official statement from the government and it should be ignored?

Him separating them out to become the face of the Dem party explains his tact.
Bullshit. He told women of color to go back where they came from completely ignoring that for three of them that was RIGHT HERE. Keep burying your head in the sand and trying to defend his clearly racist comments. Understand that makes you a trumpist just like Dear Leader...McConnell...Graham...ad nauseum. There are far too many.

Bullshit. He told women of color to go back where they came from completely ignoring that for three of them that was RIGHT HERE. Keep burying your head in the sand and trying to defend his clearly racist comments. Understand that makes you a trumpist just like Dear Leader...McConnell...Graham...ad nauseum. There are far too many.
And Michael Smeconish, don't forget him. TDS.

He won't win an election on racism, he might on nationalism.
But go ahead and tell me how I feel about him since we've never met. Seriously, you're emotionally stunted.

Trump is a trumpist. He believes everyone is beneath him. He thinks literally every single person on the planet exists to either serve him or should be locked up.

He’ll also fold like a cheap table at the slightest push.

This is the true fact about Trump. He feels and wants to be at the top. That's why he's in love with dictators. I've been around this type of personality. They have this need to feel they're on top, that they make all the right decisions, that no one should ever question them. They end up being racist by nature because unless you look like them or worship like them, they at a lower level. You see how quickly he'll turn on people, even Fox news at times. We all know that if CNN started complimenting Trump, CNN would move closer to the top. When this personality get's cornered, they come out fighting with anything they can get their hands on. It's all about protecting the image they feel they have. They feel they're justified with any action they take.

I think what's really sad is the fact there's so many people that are willing to give up their morals so they can feel part of the "in" crowd. It's such a middle school way to live your life, wanting to be friends with the bully and cheering him on.

There is a difference between saying “if you don’t like it, leave” and “if you don’t like it, go back to where you came from” - particularly when the latter statement is made to a group of minorities, the majority of whom were born in the United States. Regardless of what his intent was, the comments have the effect of being a race-baiting piece of red meat thrown out to his redneck base for them to devour. Stop twisting your self into knots trying to defend this piece of shit.

Reactions: srams21
And Michael Smeconish, don't forget him. TDS.

He won't win an election on racism, he might on nationalism.
But go ahead and tell me how I feel about him since we've never met. Seriously, you're emotionally stunted.
So what you posted trying to defend his clearly racist tweets isn't an indication of how you feel? Please clarify then. FTR, it's very difficult to separate nationalism from racism when the nations being denigrated are invariably countries of color...you know..."shithole countries".

And, FTR, the white nationalists were out in force publicly supporting Trump. Take it for what it's worth.

So people who question public policy aren't loyal Americans. In fact they are working to subvert America, is that correct?
They should do their job. Go to the border, observe, listen and come back and make new polices, get backing and passed. Stop grandstanding and exploiting the people that they should be helping. AOC said she "was the boss". No you are a public servant so start serving the people not yourselves.

So what you posted trying to defend his clearly racist tweets isn't an indication of how you feel? Please clarify then. FTR, it's very difficult to separate nationalism from racism when the nations being denigrated are invariably countries of color...you know..."shithole countries".

And, FTR, the white nationalists were out in force publicly supporting Trump. Take it for what it's worth.
First of all, of course they were out in force.

I'm on record, if Trump doesn't get a trade deal done, within 3 months (later would be an election scam) he's worse than Jr. who gave away the surplus and created a geopolitical catastrophe that will take Tulsi to get us out of at best . . . not to mention the intellectual dishonesty of the right, and now frankly the left to ignore the financial tsunami headed our way in 15 years w/ debt thanks to his GD tax cut in a good economy. ****!

Ignoring health care has created a financial prison system where people can't even leave a job they don't like or pursue something they do full-time because they need benefits.

I don't think Trump was serious about becoming President, he even admitted as mush in his speech in Michigan after the election. He was trying to build influence w/ Putin because that's where his financial future was. Unfortunately, he loved attention, he got it for free, he voiced the anger/frustration of rural areas and holy. shit. he got elected.

In the mean time he projects the idea that him getting picked on is picking on America. That's a legit strategy because there are swing voters that want to hear about a "good" economy, not "my feelings are hurt".

My position, from the start, has been, you're ignoring the messaging. Bush went with: "you're with us or against us".

First of all, of course they were out in force.

I'm on record, if Trump doesn't get a trade deal done, within 3 months (later would be an election scam) he's worse than Jr. who gave away the surplus and created a geopolitical catastrophe that will take Tulsi to get us out of at best . . . not to mention the intellectual dishonesty of the right, and now frankly the left to ignore the financial tsunami headed our way in 15 years w/ debt thanks to his GD tax cut in a good economy. ****!

Ignoring health care has created a financial prison system where people can't even leave a job they don't like or pursue something they do full-time because they need benefits.

I don't think Trump was serious about becoming President, he even admitted as mush in his speech in Michigan after the election. He was trying to build influence w/ Putin because that's where his financial future was. Unfortunately, he loved attention, he got it for free, he voiced the anger/frustration of rural areas and holy. shit. he got elected.

In the mean time he projects the idea that him getting picked on is picking on America. That's a legit strategy because there are swing voters that want to hear about a "good" economy, not "my feelings are hurt".

My position, from the start, has been, you're ignoring the messaging. Bush went with: "you're with us or against us".

That would be Mr. Stanzi, sir. :)

Reactions: lawsonhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT