ADVERTISEMENT

In-N-Out Burger clashes with San Francisco over vaccine mandate: ‘We refuse to become the vaccination police’

People actually carry their vaccination card with them at all times?
I do not. It’s in my laptop backpack in case I need it when traveling for work. I have yet to HAVE to show it to anyone. You can catch and spread COVID while vaccinated, so having to show the card for entry into a business or anywhere else is ridiculous.

Reactions: Finance85
I do not. It’s in my laptop backpack in case I need it when traveling for work. I have yet to HAVE to show it to anyone. You can catch and spread COVID while vaccinated, so having to show the card for entry into a business or anywhere else is ridiculous.

Some people still die even though they wear seatbelts.

Some football players still get concussions even though they wear helmets.

Some people still get cavities even though they brush their teeth.

Some people still get pregnant even though they use a condom.

Your argument is terrible and nonsensical. Drastically reducing the risk, even though not 100% effective, is still totally worth it to save lives.

Reactions: Dr. Spaceman
Private business should be allowed to make their own rules for mask/vax just as private citizens should be able to make their own decisions on frequenting those businesses or not.
Tell that to all of the Republican governors pushing laws to keep private businesses from mandating masks or vaccinations!

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Some people still die even though they wear seatbelts.

Some football players still get concussions even though they wear helmets.

Some people still get cavities even though they brush their teeth.

Some people still get pregnant even though they use a condom.

Your argument is terrible and nonsensical. Drastically reducing the risk, even though not 100% effective, is still totally worth it to save lives.
I’m not saying don’t get vaccinated. I’m vaccinated as is my entire family. I’m talking about having to prove your vaccinated to enter a restaurant.

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Tell that to all of the Republican governors pushing laws to keep private businesses from mandating masks or vaccinations!

I don't know about other governors but Abbott's laws clearly state "no government mandate on masks or vax". No one, that I am aware of, has pushed laws for private businesses to not be able to mandate masks or vax in their private businesses. If they have and I am just unaware then, yes, that is bullshit also.

Reactions: MWardT
How is this any different than a bar or nightclub checking IDs at the door?
know

I don't know, maybe because a bar has a larger profit margin than a fast food restaurant which allows them to have a bigger staff to police their customers. Also, we as a society have agreed that drinking should be reserved for those over 21 and we have centuries of data that helped us reach that conclusion. Lastly as far as the vaccine goes there is very little research on the long term effects of the vaccine which makes some nervous.

I am fully vaccinated and will get my booster as soon as possible but I also believe it is not the goverments job to tell us what has have to put in our bodies and the have no right to tell a private business what customers they can serve. Is SF going to pay for the additional staff needed to police this restaurants customers? Not.
But... I have a sneaking feeling that if Trump tweeted that the drinking age was unfair... that the age should be 18 the flock would agree and throw a shit fit over being carded for liquor and the R lawmakers would be running in 22 on lowering the drinking age so red-blooded Americans can have a drink when they damn well want one and no sissy commie liberal can tell them otherwise.

Alcohol doesn't create car fatalities... drivers do.

Or something like that... Am I doing this right?

I agree with In And Out. I’m fine with the various mandates but don’t agree that it’s a burden on the business to enforce.

Having a 17 year old kid attempt to kick someone out is just asking for trouble. Let’s be real, if someone knows they should be vaxxed or wearing a mask, and they refuse to do so, yet still want service, they are likely looking for a confrontation. The high school kid flipping burgers isn’t trained or prepared for that.
This.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
Can’t believe I agree with filipkowski on something but good lord, people. Stop being assholes simply for the sake of being assholes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT