ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Fevers coach is not good...

discuss...
Likely true. but also some of the players are not that good either. Erica Wheeler is making $222,000 this year. Kelsey Mitchell is making $206,000, and Katie Lou Samuelson is making $177,000. Only Mitchell started today.

Those three combine for 22.9 points per game (out of 79 team), 5.3 rebounds (33 team) and 5.2 assists (32 team). The 3 vets paid to be good, are not producing numbers to win.

Clark alone averages 17ppg, 5 rebounds, and 6.6 assists per game.

discuss...
I've said that but they made an interesting point today during the game; The Fever "practices" have consisted of film study and shoot arounds and that's because of their brutal schedule out of the gate. I want to see what happens when the team can actually get on the floor and get in a real practice.

Also, the Fever roster is a mess. I'm not sure which one is worse, the coach or the GM.

I've said that but they made an interesting point today during the game; The Fever "practices" have consisted of film study and shoot arounds and that's because of their brutal schedule out of the gate. I want to see what happens when the team can actually get on the floor and get in a real practice.
In addition to the fact that there was very little training camp to put the pieces together and figure out how everyone was going to mesh. I think camp was about a week and a half and two exhibition games. Then when the regular season started they played every other night for the first two weeks.

Not the most egregious foul ever. And maybe even a bit of overselling by Clark. But completely unnecessary and not a basketball play in any sense. Should have been a technical or flagrant foul instead of just a basic “away from play” foul.

The other night Clark hit a 3-pointer against Seattle and on her way back down the court a Storm player hit her in the throat with a forearm shiver. Clark got in her face and the officials called technicals on both of them. Wtf?!

The league needs to clean this shit up. Jealous veterans are lining up to take a shot at Clark. That’s not what the millions of new fans are tuning in and/or buying tickets to see. If the league doesn’t figure that out really soon they’re going to start losing some of these newfound revenue streams.

They need a good brawl to unify the team. Clark absorbs at least one blatantly unnecessary cheap shot every game and it’s time Boston and Smith start issuing some frontier justice if the officials aren’t going to do anything about it.
If the WNBA wants to be 80's to mid 90's NBA this needs to happen. Cheap shot artists would think twice if they had some retribution. Essentially the enforcer role in the NHL. Even though that is a thing of the past in the NHL.

Unfortunately the retribution to the cheap shot artists probably get fined and suspended much more then the actual problem players.

They need a good brawl to unify the team. Clark absorbs at least one blatantly unnecessary cheap shot every game and it’s time Boston and Smith start issuing some frontier justice if the officials aren’t going to do anything about it.
Watching her during games, in videos on social media, & as a studio analyst on Peacock, I get the impression Boston is a really good, smart person. She plays way too nice on the court. Wish she would have knocked that girl down today instead of running to help CC up.

giphy.gif

Watching her during games, in videos on social media, & as a studio analyst on Peacock, I get the impression Boston is a really good, smart person. She plays way too nice on the court. Wish she would have knocked that girl down today instead of running to help CC up.
That's why if she knocks the next person who does something like this in to next week, it will have more effect. It's not expected and will make a statement that enough is enough.

So, is this actually proof to the left that there can be hate towards someone because they are whites? Or is this just basketball? Pretty sure a lot of posters here think only whites can be labeled race haters
So this is what it’s like going through life as an oppressed victim.
The team is bad, and Clark’s teammates need to step it up. The officials, too. I doubt Clark is balling up on the floor at the thought of whatever you just rambled about.

So this is what it’s like going through life as an oppressed victim.
The team is bad, and Clark’s teammates need to step it up. The officials, too. I doubt Clark is balling up on the floor at the thought of whatever you just rambled about.
Huh? What? You and others bring race into just about every discussion on this board; when it actually makes sense but doesn’t fit your narrative you go off on a rant that makes zero sense. I have zero idea who you are but you previously accused me of being racist because I said the light rail in msp/sp is a cesspool and now you post this rambling. You sure you aren’t a little racist and trying to cover up? Have a bourbon son, or try to get laid.

Or at least be man enough to say you don’t think Clark is getting shit because of the color of her skin

Editing to clarify- never have I pretended to be a victim or oppressed. Those of terms of those who make excuses. I’m seriously just interested if you think she would be getting this much shit if she wasn’t white? It doesn’t make you racist to admit it. In fact, there are many former wnba and nba players that have already said it, so don’t feel too bad to think it

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT