ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Fevers coach is not good...

Upon closer examination of that video, it appears that if anyone elbowed Carter it was her own teammate. It looks like #20 inadvertantly hit Carter in the face while they were both trying to corral the loose ball.

Too lazy to find it, but right after this you can see Carter say something to Clark and then Clark is jawing back at her while going down the court. Then a few seconds later Carter hip checks her.
Yeah, they were chirping at each other all the way down the court. The best I can decipher here is that Carter took some accidental friendly fire to the face and mistakenly blamed Clark for it, then retaliated after making a shot at the other end.

Thanks for posting. I think Clark's teammates/coaches need to talk to her about not playing dirty. I don't want to come off as "victim blaming", but Clark needs to clean up her act. Eventually she's going to cheap shot the wrong person and end up getting seriously hurt.
What do you think Clark did that was dirty?

Watch the video carefully from about the 7 second mark to the 9 second mark. Slow it down and freeze-frame if necessary.

At 7 seconds, Carter falls into Clark's upper arm, which is not extended at all. At 8 seconds, Carter's own teammate (Isabelle Harrison, #20) inadvertently hits Carter in the face with her right elbow. This causes Carter to fall backward. And as she does, Carter's right arm hooks around Clark's left arm and pulls it back with her.

Clark did absolutely nothing dirty on this play.

Fever getting their colons blown out again tonight? Shocked.
Yep. Third game in 4 days. Liberty jumped out to a 23-4 lead and haven't looked back.

The good news for Indiana is that the schedule finally eases up a bit after tonight. They are off until Friday, when they play the winless Mystics in Washington. And then their next game after that is the following Monday.

Thanks for posting. I think Clark's teammates/coaches need to talk to her about not playing dirty. I don't want to come off as "victim blaming", but Clark needs to clean up her act. Eventually she's going to cheap shot the wrong person and end up getting seriously hurt.
8sk9yj.jpg

I left Lebron off because I don't follow men's basketball. I only started watching women's bb because of Caitlin. I left Mahomes off because I like the Chiefs. Would it make you feel better if I said I didn't like Reggie Bush or Ali?

No. Just wondering why you didn’t mention a single black athlete but made sure to throw Joe burrow in there. Odd to say the least.

That was clearly unintentional while fighting for a rebound. She checked Clark while the ball wasn't even in play.
It wasn’t even that. Clark didn’t elbow Carter at all, intentionally or otherwise. It was Carter’s own teammate who elbowed her.

Reactions: Tom Paris
No. Just wondering why you didn’t mention a single black athlete but made sure to throw Joe burrow in there. Odd to say the least.
I'm a big college football fan. The year he won the Heisman, to me it seemed like ESPN couldn't stop talking about him. I don't hate him now, it just irritated me then. Most of the time hate is irrational.

What do you think Clark did that was dirty?
Not only did she elbow Carter in the face on the previous rebound, look what she does right before Carter knocks her down. Looks like she tries to claw at number 4's arm or something. 4 definitely reacts to whatever Clark did to her. Luckily the Sky have an enforcer to take care of business. Clark may think twice next time.

• Haha
Reactions: sober_teacher
I'm a big college football fan. The year he won the Heisman, to me it seemed like ESPN couldn't stop talking about him. I don't hate him now, it just irritated me then. Most of the time hate is irrational.

Ok. So you hate when the white athletes, like Tom ****ing Brady get attention, but not the black athletes. It’s ok to admit it.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
We disagree then, I think it's a minor factor. There may be players and fans that hate her because she's white, popular, and becoming a rich young women. However, I think the majority of the hate comes from the media coverage(hype) and unprecedented endorsement deals for a rookie that hasn't "paid her dues" in the league.

ETA: Regardless of the reason, the WNBA needs to get it under control pronto.
Check out the comments on ESPNs Instagram page after every post about Clark. You will change your mind

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Ok. So you hate when the white athletes, like Tom ****ing Brady get attention, but not the black athletes. It’s ok to admit it.
Reggie Bush isn't white. Some years the Heisman trophy favorite is all you hear about, other years there are several candidates getting lots of coverage. As a SW Iowan I could list many Nebraska players from the early 70s to the present, both black and white, that I've hated simply because they dominated the coverage from the local network affiliates. I hate Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Nebraska, Michigan, and the entire SEC. My sports hate is often based on annoyance rather than any other factor.

Not only did she elbow Carter in the face on the previous rebound, look what she does right before Carter knocks her down. Looks like she tries to claw at number 4's arm or something. 4 definitely reacts to whatever Clark did to her. Luckily the Sky have an enforcer to take care of business. Clark may think twice next time.
giphy.gif

Reactions: SolarHawk
The play before is some serious justification for the cheap shot. It's at worst a basketball play that accidentally happens when going for a rebound.

Reactions: sober_teacher
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT