ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana Fevers coach is not good...

Huh? What? You and others bring race into just about every discussion on this board; when it actually makes sense but doesn’t fit your narrative you go off on a rant that makes zero sense. I have zero idea who you are but you previously accused me of being racist because I said the light rail in msp/sp is a cesspool and now you post this rambling. You sure you aren’t a little racist and trying to cover up? Have a bourbon son, or try to get laid.

Or at least be man enough to say you don’t think Clark is getting shit because of the color of her skin

Editing to clarify- never have I pretended to be a victim or oppressed. Those of terms of those who make excuses. I’m seriously just interested if you think she would be getting this much shit if she wasn’t white? It doesn’t make you racist to admit it. In fact, there are many former wnba and nba players that have already said it, so don’t feel too bad to think it
Confuse Chloe Moretz GIF

Reactions: nelly02
Awesome response. Please enlighten me. So you don’t think these gals hate Clark because she is a white woman getting all the hype? You think they would hate Reese this much if she created all this hype? Let me guess, you think they are just beating the shit out of her because she’s a rookie and #1 pick?

At least post more pics of this gal, assuming she’s of age, as she looks fairly attractive

Awesome response. Please enlighten me. So you don’t think these gals hate Clark because she is a white woman getting all the hype? You think they would hate Reese this much if she created all this hype? Let me guess, you think they are just beating the shit out of her because she’s a rookie and #1 pick?

At least post more pics of this gal, assuming she’s of age, as she looks fairly attractive
Google image search revealed she is 28. Quite attractive. Btw I am still trying to figure out the Caitlin thing. I do think it is part race, part resentment of hype/money, part sexual orientation, part rookie hazing. I’m not sure which is the biggest factor. Could be race. Whatever it is the W better figure it out pronto and correct it.

Should have used the word racist, not race hater. I have no link, just an inference. Feel pretty confident tho that there are many on here that are too afraid to admit that AAs can be racist
Oh you are 100% correct. Numerous posts on here over the years explaining racism can only be a thing from a position of power in which white people are inherently born with.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Or at least be man enough to say you don’t think Clark is getting shit because of the color of her skin

Caitlin is getting shit for the amount of coverage and perceived hype she has received. The notion she is getting shit because she's white is dumb.

She's not Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in the 40's, the WNBA has always had white players and white stars. Hell the reigning MVP is a white player.

Cameron Brink was the Number 2 pick this year and I haven't seen players taking cheap shots at her because she's white. The only other rookie that has had a cheap shot thrown at her is Angel Reese.

Caitlin is getting shit for the amount of coverage and perceived hype she has received. The notion she is getting shit because she's white is dumb.

She's not Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in the 40's, the WNBA has always had white players and white stars. Hell the reigning MVP is a white player.

Cameron Brink was the Number 2 pick this year and I haven't seen players taking cheap shots at her because she's white. The only other rookie that has had a cheap shot thrown at her is Angel Reese.

“I think it’s a huge thing. I think a lot of people may say it’s not about Black and white, but to me, it is,” Las Vegas Aces star A’ja Wilson said when asked about the race element in Clark’s popularity and before she recently signed two major endorsement deals.

“It really is because you can be top notch at what you are as a Black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see.

“They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is.”

Reactions: eb05
“I think it’s a huge thing. I think a lot of people may say it’s not about Black and white, but to me, it is,” Las Vegas Aces star A’ja Wilson said when asked about the race element in Clark’s popularity and before she recently signed two major endorsement deals.

“It really is because you can be top notch at what you are as a Black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see.

“They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as Black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is.”

Spoken like a true racist A’ja. Shameful.

Reactions: Mister_Man

A’ja Wilson disagrees with you. Of course.

I think it’s naive to say that CC being a straight white female has nothing to do it with it too. As someone said above, it’s a mix of things, and that definitely plays a factor.

Idk what is all about, there might be some race factors in there but if the WNBA doesn't clamp down on it they are going to screw up their best chance of being profitable.

All of the other sports leagues not only don't overlook obvious calls when they involve roughing up a star player but go out of their way to send a message that they have the refs looking out to protect that player. Everyone knows that a hit on Pat Mahomes might be called roughing that wouldn't be called if it was a hit on some unknown backup.

The WNBA has the biggest star in the history of their league, the one woman who could potentially make their league profitable and they are letting players get away with stuff against her.

Dumb, if CC starts to miss games or takes a big injury they are going to find their ticket sales going back to what they were before.

I think it’s naive to say that CC being a straight white female has nothing to do it with it too. As someone said above, it’s a mix of things, and that definitely plays a factor.
It is definitely a mix of many things, just like her popularity is a mix of things.

She became popular because she plays an exciting brand of BB, and she played for a team that played an exciting brand of BB. She didn't make a thousand layups to break records, she made 30 ft jumpers. She won thrilling games. She signs autographs, She smiles on the court. Her team mates love her. Her passes are just as thrilling as her jumpers. She makes the team better and they won a ton of games. And, she played in Iowa where "girls" basketball is very popular, so she started selling out Carver Hawkeye, and then started selling out road games. She went to the FF and the National Championship game twice. All of that made her an icon.

If she was black and did all those things, would it have been any different?

p.s Pro athletes have been hard on "star" rookies forever. Even Jordan was "iced-out" of his first all-star game.

Reactions: eb05
Watching her during games, in videos on social media, & as a studio analyst on Peacock, I get the impression Boston is a really good, smart person. She plays way too nice on the court. Wish she would have knocked that girl down today instead of running to help CC up.
You better check the tape again. Boston did not run to help CC up. That was more of a saunter at best.

What the hell is wrong with this team where you see a teammate get blasted like that from less than 10 feet away from you and you just don’t care? Frankly, this is the time when the owner needs to show up in the locker room and start laying down the law. Anyone that doesn’t get in line will be replaced. We know the coach sucks. We know the GM sucks. But the owner needs to be looking at all of the potential money to be made over the next decade, or lost when CC signs as a free agent elsewhere after her contract expires because the franchise didn’t support her, and start protecting that. Considering the price of her rookie contract, the ROI potential is huge. They’ve already pulled in as many fans for home games as they did in the entire season last year and they still have 3/4 of their home games left to play.

You better check the tape again. Boston did not run to help CC up. That was more of a saunter at best.

What the hell is wrong with this team where you see a teammate get blasted like that from less than 10 feet away from you and you just don’t care? Frankly, this is the time when the owner needs to show up in the locker room and start laying down the law. Anyone that doesn’t get in line will be replaced. We know the coach sucks. We know the GM sucks. But the owner needs to be looking at all of the potential money to be made over the next decade, or lost when CC signs as a free agent elsewhere after her contract expires because the franchise didn’t support her, and start protecting that. Considering the price of her rookie contract, the ROI potential is huge. They’ve already pulled in as many fans for home games as they did in the entire season last year and they still have 3/4 of their home games left to play.

That was another thought I had. In men's sports that kind of play would almost always at least result in some immediate confrontations.

A men's coach would lose his shit if a player just stood by while his teammate was roughed up.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn

weak to do it after the fact

also i wish i could embed threads posts here because the loser carter can’t help but make herself look like an idiot on there.

she posted this on a reply to a clip of her post game interview where she declined to comment

“& that’s that on that cause beside three point shooting what does she bring to the table man 😂”

Reactions: Chuck C

I do agree most of this hate comes from her hype and popularity. But to completely disregard race as you appear to be doing is absolute nonsense.

If you don’t think race is a factor, you need to do some soul searching. It’s ok to admit black people can be racist. Racism exists everywhere in this world and by all races. It’s sad, but true.

I’m seeing this as a potential ratings boom for the wnba. People that have been on the fence, such as myself, regarding watching the WNBA might just be getting lured into watching. Huge CC22 fan here but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to tune in yet. With some of the drama building up and a potential enforcer type moment coming up, pretty intriguing. Not too mention that it is just a matter of time before Clark gets this shit figured out. Once she does…

I’m seeing this as a potential ratings boom for the wnba. People that have been on the fence, such as myself, regarding watching the WNBA might just be getting lured into watching. Huge CC22 fan here but I just haven’t been able to bring myself to tune in yet. With some of the drama building up and a potential enforcer type moment coming up, pretty intriguing. Not too mention that it is just a matter of time before Clark gets this shit figured out. Once she does…
I’m surprised the WNBA isn’t being more proactive at this point. There’s a trail of evidence to show she’s being targeted. Are they too stupid to realize they need to protect the golden goose?

If you don’t think race is a factor, you need to do some soul searching. It’s ok to admit black people can be racist. Racism exists everywhere in this world and by all races. It’s sad, but true.
So if race is a factor in her getting hammered, do you also think race is a factor in her popularity? Personally I think hostility is about the hype and the endorsement deals she is getting as a rookie.

I absolutely love watching and cheering CC, but in the past I often hated the players that got all the hype. (Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, Joe Burrow, etc.)

Reactions: Gimmered
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT