Huskies
Final
AA2cXo0
Owlsvs
AA165GWR
Aztecs

Indiana State Sycamores

Indiana State Sycamores© Provided by The Comeback
The No. 14 ranked Indiana State Sycamores are set to face off against the TCU Horned Frogs in the Super Regionals of the NCAA Baseball Tournament. The Sycamores were supposed to host the matchup, but will be unable to do so because of regulations by the NCAA.
Indiana State issued a statement on social media, detailing that regulations from the NCAA on how far away opposing teams must stay in local hotels has made it impossible to host the event due to an Indiana Special Olympics event in the area.
“Due to prior commitments, accommodations not available in the community preparing to welcome Indiana Special Olympics for the 51st year, we are unable to host the NCAA Super Regionals in the coming weeks.
“There are a variety of factors that come into play with the competition for resources and staff. With the potential for multiple large-scale events occurring in the area simultaneously and due to NCAA Limitations on hotel distance from the field, there is a lack of hotel space to handle the accommodations required to house the visiting team, the support staff for the games, and the ESPN production crew that would be in attendance.”

• Haha
Reactions: TJ8869
I can’t speak for everyone else here, but after awhile I sort of got tired of watching that smug little prick Adam Pottinger strap on his elbow pad, stick his arms out over the plate, and “Oh, no - I got hit by another pitch that was nowhere near the batter’s box”.
Sounds like that ESPN+ subscription worked out well for you...

Sounds like that ESPN+ subscription worked out well for you...
The Iowa games didn’t work out quite the way I’d hoped, but the subscription will still be worth the price tomorrow when I’m watching Northwoods League action featuring the Kalamazoo Growlers against the Traverse City Pit Spitters and the Wausau Woodchucks against the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters.

Given this information, I'm surprised Tallahassee was ever allowed to host a super regional....

The Iowa games didn’t work out quite the way I’d hoped, but the subscription will still be worth the price tomorrow when I’m watching Northwoods League action featuring the Kalamazoo Growlers against the Traverse City Pit Spitters and the Wausau Woodchucks against the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters.
Wait I can get Waterloo Bucks on ESPN+? I haven't seen a Bucks game in more than a decade

Wow. Sounds like a Can't Miss to me!!!

I assume you’re joking. Tallahassee hosts 82,000 fans on Saturdays in the fall, surely the 6,500 capacity at Dick Howser…

But there aren't 82,000 hotel rooms within a reasonable distance. The last time I went to Doak our hotel room was in Lake City.

• Haha
Reactions: runkpanole
But there aren't 82,000 hotel rooms within a reasonable distance. The last time I went to Doak our hotel room was in Lake City.
Holy shit, this is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. There are more than enough hotel rooms in a reasonable distance to host a super regional and other events.

There is a high likelihood that your broke ass chose to stay in Lake City because you didn’t want to pay the premium and a two night minimum on a game weekend, but I imagine a room was to be had. And I guarantee there would be plenty of rooms for a super regional.

I can’t speak for everyone else here, but after awhile I sort of got tired of watching that smug little prick Adam Pottinger strap on his elbow pad, stick his arms out over the plate, and “Oh, no - I got hit by another pitch that was nowhere near the batter’s box”.

I honestly don't think the batter should get first base if the pitch hits their elbow armor at all levels.

I swear there were 4 or 5 times you couldn’t tell they’d hit the batter.

to me that calls for some chin music to get him to stay in the batters box, then plant a high fast ball in the grill of the ump,

sorry 1st time I have ever seen 10 batters in the same get hit. that alone tells me there was something wrong with the ump.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT