ADVERTISEMENT

Indianapolis suggestions?

HawkOptimist

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2006
Going there with my sons for a family function this weekend. Noticed the Pacers are in town Thursday night, so we’re leaving a few days early so we can go. Are tickets easy to get? Any suggestions on sites to go through to get the best seats and prices? Maybe just contact the arena directly?

We’ll then have all day Friday to do whatever. Anything good in Indianapolis to do or see? My sons are 11 and 8.

Any areas to avoid?

Depending on whether they think they’re too old or too cool, the Indy Children’s Museum is one of the best in the country.

St. Elmo’s - that’s all I have.

St. Elmo’s is the only good thing in or about Indianapolis. Having said that, the steaks are just ok for the price. For a high end steak place I’ve had much better. However, their cocktail shrimp is as good as hyped (ie probably the best iteration of that dish despite being nowhere near the ocean) and surprisingly….the chopped steak is absolutely amazing. I read that the dry aged chopped steak with Gorgonzola and sautéed onions was the best item they had in a couple of reviews and while I kind of begrudgingly got it, we also got a high end 60 day dry age Pittsburgh Blue ribeye to go with it. And the steak was ok, better than the big chains but not as amazing as places like Berns in Tampa, Cattlemen’s in Oklahoma City, Peter Lugers in NYC, Chandlers in Boise etc…. But that dry aged chopped steak with Gorgonzola and sautéed onions was transcendently good. I cannot recommend it more highly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT