ADVERTISEMENT

INDISPUTABLE EVIDENCE COOPER DEJEAN WAS POINTING, NOT WAVING

Dec 31, 2014
Video Link:

Left arm CLEARLY going in a circular motion. NOT on a single plane.

Exhibit A
1:03 Both hands closed, index fingers pointing.
83up80.jpg

Exhibit B
1:07 Left hand STILL pointing
83uppb.jpg

@tarheelbybirth

How would you like your crow served sir?

Last edited:
Still pissed off about it. Terrible on so many fronts from the same crew that was admonished previously for an end of game screw up that decided the game.

They're either incompetent or have an a motive.

Nebraska Cornhusker graduate head official on the field. Tim O’Dey.

Ken Koester was Replay official that made the call.

This the guy?

“Koester has been a Wisconsin high school sports official for more than 30 years.”

Last edited:
Find it funny that they admitted they are wrong on the call with Iowa & MN press: https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...ed-big-ten-ncaa-replay-minnesota/71289170007/

"“If you look a ground video of it, you might say this doesn’t look like much of a wave,” Carollo said.But if you look at the high (camera view) over the top, he’s actually waving."

And are we calling the game now from the replay booth and not taking all things into consideration when it impacts who wins or loses? What a joke!

Go back and re-watch the play but look at the referees this time. The back judge and 2 line judges were right there and the back judge was watching Cooper the whole time and never once did he or the other two indicate any kind of fair catch in any way. The back judge never reached for his whistle and the line judges were ready but determined it was a valid return so moved to watching the sideline.

Crazy that the head ref and the 2 replay officials essentially told those 3 referees that they did a poor job. Talk about throwing your brethren under the bus. And we all know how prideful the referee fraternity is.

Go back and re-watch the play but look at the referees this time. The back judge and 2 line judges were right there and the back judge was watching Cooper the whole time and never once did he or the other two indicate any kind of fair catch in any way. The back judge never reached for his whistle and the line judges were ready but determined it was a valid return so moved to watching the sideline.

Crazy that the head ref and the 2 replay officials essentially told those 3 referees that they did a poor job. Talk about throwing your brethren under the bus. And we all know how prideful the referee fraternity is.
Not to mention all the players that did not stop or slow their play as if they thought there was a fair catch taking place. Additionally, no Minnesota coaches on the sideline upset or motioning to the refs that there should be a review.

It's literally a guy upstairs that was like "let me just make sure he was inbounds. Oh, yep he was. Hmm, oh did he wave his arm having no impact on the play whatsoever? Yeah, let's overturn this." Clowns. Ridiculous.

Not to mention all the players that did not stop or slow their play as if they thought there was a fair catch taking place. Additionally, no Minnesota coaches on the sideline upset or motioning to the refs that there should be a review.

It's literally a guy upstairs that was like "let me just make sure he was inbounds. Oh, yep he was. Hmm, oh did he wave his arm having no impact on the play whatsoever? Yeah, let's overturn this." Clowns. Ridiculous.
One more thing, don't you find it hypocritical that in some cases only 1 referee or judge can make a decision on a play without consultation. I.e., the line judge (same guy) that called Jack out of bounds last year at Minnesota. No matter if that was the right call or wrong call, that one guy had the ability to make a call and everyone else had to stick by it. Conversely, like Cooper's play, you had 3 referees that made a judgement call that it was not an invalid fair catch, yet, one guy could over-turn them all. Especially the back judge, that is literally his job, he has nothing else to do there while the ball is in the air.

Which brings up the intent of video replay in the first place. The intent was to utilize technology in those cases where there was not a referee present or was blocked from view. It was not to "correct" officials and there is a difference. In this case, we had an official that had a specific job and he did not blow it dead and was in perfect position. That alone, by intent, would constitute it not reviewable because that guy let it play on because that is the right call, you either blow it dead right there or you let it go, but that judgement at that time stands. I understand the out of bounds thing, there are a lot of bodies there and it was close but they did the right thing as well by not blowing the play dead in anticipation, unlike what O'Dey did last year on Jack's pick 6.

I would be pissed if I was a member of that officiating crew because every one of them did their jobs correctly, except the head referee. And all of them now look really bad for being a part of it.

One more thing, don't you find it hypocritical that in some cases only 1 referee or judge can make a decision on a play without consultation. I.e., the line judge (same guy) that called Jack out of bounds last year at Minnesota. No matter if that was the right call or wrong call, that one guy had the ability to make a call and everyone else had to stick by it. Conversely, like Cooper's play, you had 3 referees that made a judgement call that it was not an invalid fair catch, yet, one guy could over-turn them all. Especially the back judge, that is literally his job, he has nothing else to do there while the ball is in the air.

Which brings up the intent of video replay in the first place. The intent was to utilize technology in those cases where there was not a referee present or was blocked from view. It was not to "correct" officials and there is a difference. In this case, we had an official that had a specific job and he did not blow it dead and was in perfect position. That alone, by intent, would constitute it not reviewable because that guy let it play on because that is the right call, you either blow it dead right there or you let it go, but that judgement at that time stands. I understand the out of bounds thing, there are a lot of bodies there and it was close but they did the right thing as well by not blowing the play dead in anticipation, unlike what O'Dey did last year on Jack's pick 6.

I would be pissed if I was a member of that officiating crew because every one of them did their jobs correctly, except the head referee. And all of them now look really bad for being a part of it.
also as stated in the post game, their signals have been reveiwed with the officals before the game. if the on field officals thgt Cooper was doing anything borderline they would have warned him to stop during this game or games prior. this is normal. the reply booth had no business in this decision.

also as stated in the post game, their signals have been reveiwed with the officals before the game. if the on field officals thgt Cooper was doing anything borderline they would have warned him to stop during this game or games prior. this is normal. the reply booth had no business in this decision.

Is the replay official included in these discussions? If he was not, that would help explain his confusion and ultimately his poor decision.

Nebraska Cornhusker graduate head official on the field. Tim O’Dey.

Ken Koester was Replay official that made the call.

This the guy?

“Koester has been a Wisconsin high school sports official for more than 30 years.”

I’m shocked that the Bigten has officials with a Midwest background.

Reactions: pmtdc

A field angle view confirming DeJean was pointing the entire time. Points to an area, begins running, drops his left arm at an angle to begin running to the area the ball was going to land, points again, left arm swirls around in a circular motion DUE TO RUNNING AND TRYING TO KEEP HIS BALANCE EXACTLY AS HE STATED IN THE POST GAME INTERVIEW< EXACTLY LIKE THIS, points again, recovers the ball.

At no point did he wave, never, didn't happen.

It gets better. Look at the position of the on field official. He is right there. He can see his left arm and every motion it makes as he turns to his left. At no point did that official believe he made anything resembling a wave.

That official disagrees with every person who said he waved. Every one of you. Just the facts.

@tarheelbybirth
@Gimmered
@HawkInDC

Last edited:

A field angle view confirming DeJean was pointing the entire time. Points to an area, begins running, drops his left arm at an angle, points again, swirls around, points again, recovers the ball.

Lol the higher angle shows he clearly did wave dumbass. Before this game I knew people from Iowa were dumb but I didn’t know it was to this extent. Truly delusional idiots seeing what they want to see. Gophers won and took Floyd home. Deal with it.

Lol the higher angle shows he clearly did wave dumbass. Before this game I knew people from Iowa were dumb but I didn’t know it was to this extent. Truly delusional idiots seeing what they want to see. Gophers won and took Floyd home. Deal with it.
Projection at its finest.

The fact you continue to post here says a lot about your mental faculties.

Minnesota isn’t the first garbage team Iowa has lost to. Interesting how the refs keep trying to interject themselves into the outcome the past two years. Finally, they found a way to help you miserable ****s feel better about your otherwise pointless existence.

Until next time, tard.

I thought the angle that the players, Iowa and Minnesota, was the lower down on the field angle not up from the replay booth. You really need to rethink who is dumb here, dummy.

He was waving his left arm. If you deny that you’re being disingenuous prick. Or you’re blind.
He started off pointing in front of himself with both hands and when he started running he still had his index finger out pointing. Watch the tape as u are the blind one and weird for calling people pricks, pricks call people pricks.

The explanation of the rules said you can point and Coop was pointing so you are wrong

A field angle view confirming DeJean was pointing the entire time. Points to an area, begins running, drops his left arm at an angle to begin running to the area the ball was going to land, points again, left arm swirls around in a circular motion DUE TO RUNNING AND TRYING TO KEEP HIS BALANCE EXACTLY AS HE STATED IN THE POST GAME INTERVIEW< EXACTLY LIKE THIS, points again, recovers the ball.

It gets better. Look at the position of the on field official. He is right there. He can see his left arm and every motion it makes as he turns to his left. At no point did that official believe he made anything resembling a wave.

That official disagrees with every person who said he waved. Every one of you. Just the facts.

@tarheelbybirth
@Gimmered
@HawkInDC
It requires intellectual dishonesty to dispute this.

He started off pointing in front of himself with both hands and when he started running he still had his index finger out pointing. Watch the tape as u are the blind one and weird for calling people pricks, pricks call people pricks.

The explanation of the rules said you can point and Coop was pointing so you are wrong
I’m right and every Iowa fan is too dishonest and biased to see he waved his left arm in a circle three times. End of story. It’s been confirmed as the correct call after the fact as well. You’re just wrong.

No it was below his head that’s my point. A wave of the arm below the head is an invalid signal. You just proved that you don’t even understand the call that was made.

I understand he waved his arm but was not an invalid signal in my opinion. Is that hard for you to understand? Obviously you haven't watched much college football or you would have seen multiple arm wavings that were not called, and for sure if any were called, the play was blown dead and not pointed out from the replay booth while looking to see if the player stepped out of bounds, which is not legal to do.

I’m right and every Iowa fan is too dishonest and biased to see he waved his left arm in a circle three times. End of story. It’s been confirmed as the correct call after the fact as well. You’re just wrong.

Do you think it was undisputed evidence that it was an invalid fair catch call? Why wasn't it blown dead at that time by the refs watching the play or at least a flag?

Reactions: Gus is dead
I understand he waved his arm but was not an invalid signal in my opinion. Is that hard for you to understand? Obviously you haven't watched much college football or you would have seen multiple arm wavings that were not called, and for sure if any were called, the play was blown dead and not pointed out from the replay booth while looking to see if the player stepped out of bounds, which is not legal to do.
You just admitted he waved his arm. You just said it. By rule any waving motion below the head is an invalid signal. You literally just proved my point that the correct call was made. Thank you.

Do you think it was undisputed evidence that it was an invalid fair catch call? Why wasn't it blown dead at that time by the refs watching the play or at least a flag?
It wasn’t blown dead because the ref wasn’t sure so he let it play on knowing it could be reviewed. There was no flag because it’s not a penalty it’s just a dead ball. Any more questions?

It wasn’t blown dead because the ref wasn’t sure so he let it play on knowing it could be reviewed. There was no flag because it’s not a penalty it’s just a dead ball. Any more questions?

How could you post what you just did? So now you can read the refs mind that he wasn't sure so he let the play continue so it could be reviewed. Even if that's what the ref was thinking, and you sure as hell have no idea, he should have thrown the flag. That's how it works. I have no more questions because you have no answers and no credibility after you just posted what the ref was thinking. Get out.

The key question is this, why was there a review at all? Who asked for it? Cooper wasn't within 6 inches of stepping out at any point so the story that they were reviewing whether he stepped out was a lie. Ask yourselves this, why wasn't there a review when we qb sneaked for a td and were 3 yards in the end zone with the ball. Bias pure and simple.

The key question is this, why was there a review at all? Who asked for it? Cooper wasn't within 6 inches of stepping out at any point so the story that they were reviewing whether he stepped out was a lie. Ask yourselves this, why wasn't there a review when we qb sneaked for a td and were 3 yards in the end zone with the ball. Bias pure and simple.

That Replay official seemed determined to interject himself into the outcome. He called for 6 reviews and blew 2 of them. The BS targeting that was clearly wrong and they have since issued an apology and the bogus signal call. Mission accomplished by that guy.

How could you post what you just did? So now you can read the refs mind that he wasn't sure so he let the play continue so it could be reviewed. Even if that's what the ref was thinking, and you sure as hell have no idea, he should have thrown the flag. That's how it works. I have no more questions because you have no answers and no credibility after you just posted what the ref was thinking. Get out.
Once again there was no flag because an invalid fair catch signal is not a penalty.

Reactions: mrcyfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT