ADVERTISEMENT

Inner workings of the Athletic Department

I mean technically there is nothing to prevent him being fired. But from a realistic standpoint, his father is not going to fire him with that lawsuit still to be resolved. I'm not getting into the validity of the lawsuit. But the fact that it exists does make BF unhireable by most any college or pro team right now. If it's thrown out or settled with no admission/ackhowledgement of guilt, then everyone could move on.
I'm surprised Iowa didn't clean house and get rid of the whole gang back in 2020, KF included, not because I think they are racist, because I think they are not. But I think Iowa {University} would not want the talk of racism and lawsuits in particular.

I mean technically there is nothing to prevent him being fired. But from a realistic standpoint, his father is not going to fire him with that lawsuit still to be resolved. I'm not getting into the validity of the lawsuit. But the fact that it exists does make BF unhireable by most any college or pro team right now. If it's thrown out or settled with no admission/ackhowledgement of guilt, then everyone could move on.
It just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that we have the worst OC in college football, and the only reason he got hired and hasn't been fired is because he is the HC's son, and he is someone that literally couldn't be hired by any other college or pro entity in the country. We have such a special place at Iowa.

• Sad
Reactions: hawkod and HFan1981
Here’s the deal about Brian though:

There’s a Lawsuit out there with his name in it and until that gets resolved he’s going nowhere. Nobody would ever hire him until his name is cleared. That’s a reality and that in itself will keep him around here till that gets resolved.
Why should there be concern about his employment prior to the lawsuit...screw him...this is business.

Why should there be concern about his employment prior to the lawsuit...screw him...this is business.
He will not be fired. Not publicly anyway. Behind closed doors, Kirk will pull some strings and get him an NFL position coach job that will appear to be a relatively lateral move, or to accept new challenges. Whatever it is it will be sugar coated as to not look like Brian was an absolute failure. Then, and only then, does Kirk consider retirement. Put yourself in his shoes. Wouldn’t you want to set up your kids and grandkids for generations with the money he makes????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT