ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Info?

CatCoach

HR All-State
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Why is it so hard to find info out about Iowa wrestlers? It seems like other programs have more wrestlers competing in the off-season or just have more coach/wrestler/player/parent info that gets out about off-season progress.
I find it hard to believe someone doesn't know if Ryder Block is going to try for 141 or if he is still injured? Ayala 125 or 133? Is Parco staying 149 like most think he will? Is Caleindo going for 157!! What's going on with Kennedy? Ferrari's? Cass?
It is amazing how many big story lines are out there.
No wonder it drives the Cesspool crazy.
Is Brands so tight lipped because he thinks it helps the opponents? I just don't see the harm and telling the public what weights some wrestlers are thinking about?

I think ur just not paying attention and asking the right people. In the last few days a poster who is plugged in more than most said Block is wrestling live again weighing 150 and planning on going 141. That tells me Parco will stay 149. Today he said Caliendo is going to try for 157 but no guarantees. PK can’t make 157 so 65/74 depending on Caliendo. Looks like Anthony is out, most likely AJ also cause he isn’t doing what is asked of him. Angelo is still in and most likely taking a RS. Cass is still up in the air with appear pending. Also it was said Drake wants to go 133. Will all these things happen, who knows.

Thanks Multihawk. And Grip for Cass info.

Last edited:
I think ur just not paying attention and asking the right people. In the last few days a poster who is plugged in more than most said Block is wrestling live again weighing 150 and planning on going 141. That tells me Parco will stay 149. Today he said Caliendo is going to try for 157 but no guarantees. PK can’t make 157 so 65/74 depending on Caliendo. Looks like Anthony is out, most likely AJ also cause he isn’t doing what is asked of him. Angelo is still in and most likely taking a RS. Cass is still up in the air.

Yeah, but why aren't we getting any "inside info"???

Why is it so hard to find info out about Iowa wrestlers? It seems like other programs have more wrestlers competing in the off-season or just have more coach/wrestler/player/parent info that gets out about off-season progress.
I find it hard to believe someone doesn't know if Ryder Block is going to try for 141 or if he is still injured? Ayala 125 or 133? Is Parco staying 149 like most think he will? Is Caleindo going for 157!! What's going on with Kennedy? Ferrari's? Cass?
Is Brands so tight lipped because he thinks it helps the opponents? I just don't see the harm and telling the public what weights some wrestlers are thinking about?

If anything, our business is put out on the street more than any other program. Another reason that "insiders" don't post much is because if they get something wrong, they are constantly reminded of it. What's true today may not be in a few weeks, especially if we are talking about AJ Ferrari.

that's why we lost Gobblin
If anything, our business is put out on the street more than any other program. Another reason that "insiders" don't post much is because if they get something wrong, they are constantly reminded of it. What's true today may not be in a few weeks, especially if we are talking about AJ Ferrari.

Where’s the fun in thread land knowing a head coach’s blueprint for a season not starting for 6 months? NOT knowing, speculation, insights, and opinions spin threads that are all the better for it. Seems naïve to think personal goals, team goals, weight choices, and final portal influence should be known—let alone broadcast to a fanbase—by a head coach just two months after NCAAs.
More reasonable to enjoy and debate the mysteries and unknown of the offseason and let any coming surprises entertain and hopefully satisfy us.

Reactions: el dub and mhlarch
what happened to the innercircle?

We need a secret service of cesspool members. Inside intel and sworn to secrecy.
We can be call the stormtroopers or men in black, something cool.
Good luck with the "sworn to secrecy" part, Grip. Has anyone in the cesspool ever kept a secret for more than a day? :rolleyes: Love the "men in black" idea though. :cool: Stormtroopers? Not so much.

Who knows who will wrestle what weights in 2024-25. Maybe the coaches and the wrestlers don't know yet, and won't until late October. Things change. The OP can't see the harm in projecting lineups publicly in May, but I can.

Sports book is sure changing this landscape though. When there's money on the line, fans want to know everything about everyone, all the time, and right away.

Reactions: el dub and Grip220

We need a secret service of cesspool members. Inside intel and sworn to secrecy.
How does one join this Secret Service of cesspool members? Is there an age limit? Do you actually have to have been a decent wrestler? Is there a special badge or secret handshake?
I'm, uh, asking this for my, uh, cousin . . . ;)

Good luck with the "sworn to secrecy" part, Grip. Has anyone in the cesspool ever kept a secret for more than a day? :rolleyes: Love the "men in black" idea though. :cool: Stormtroopers? Not so much.

Who knows who will wrestle what weights in 2024-25. Maybe the coaches and the wrestlers don't know yet, and won't until late October. Maybe things will change a lot in November. The OP can't see the harm in projecting lineups publicly in May, but I can.

Sports book is sure changing this landscape though. When there's money on the line, fans want to know everything about everyone, all the time, and right away.
Def fluid and not set in stone.
Would we have to wear all black suits or can we be a bit more up to date. Much thought needs to go into this.
New Sweatshirt idea
“The Men In Black” with a blackout Herky on the front
Blackout “Hawkeye Wrestling “ or “HWC” on the back
I will try and come up with a prototype

In the cesspool, you don't coach cats. You herd cats. Good luck!

Reactions: el dub
I think ur just not paying attention and asking the right people. In the last few days a poster who is plugged in more than most said Block is wrestling live again weighing 150 and planning on going 141. That tells me Parco will stay 149. Today he said Caliendo is going to try for 157 but no guarantees. PK can’t make 157 so 65/74 depending on Caliendo. Looks like Anthony is out, most likely AJ also cause he isn’t doing what is asked of him. Angelo is still in and most likely taking a RS. Cass is still up in the air with appear pending. Also it was said Drake wants to go 133. Will all these things happen, who knows.

youre GIF

Would we have to wear all black suits or can we be a bit more up to date. Much thought needs to go into this.
New Sweatshirt idea
But is there windows in the building you operate out of?

• Wow
Reactions: honkey69
New Sweatshirt idea
Black shirt AND black lettering would be fitting, maybe.

If your the leader of the group it won’t be considered “cool”

I know the answer to each of those questions. I really can’t post anything, but let’s just say you will be pleasantly surprised.

who cares? it's never good news anyway.

PSU gets all of the best wrestlers. There. I'm an insider.

You don’t
How does one join this Secret Service of cesspool members? Is there an age limit? Do you actually have to have been a decent wrestler? Is there a special badge or secret handshake?
I'm, uh, asking this for my, uh, cousin . . . ;)
You don't join, you are invited. If you haven’t been invited yet, don’t fret as there are still nominations and conversations going on.

So essentially if all pieces fall into place we have a huge hole at 125?

If your the leader of the group it won’t be considered “cool”
this response was lame and "YOUR" GRAMMAR needs to be addressed. It would be... If YOU"RE or perhaps... YOU ARE the leader of the group... Please do better with both areas...weakass inuendos and correct word usage and habitude

this response was lame and "YOUR" GRAMMAR needs to be addressed. It would be... If YOU"RE or perhaps... YOU ARE the leader of the group... Please do better with both areas...weakass inuendos and correct word usage and habitude
So the quote symbol goes after the YOU? I wasn’t aware that I was being graded for my “grammar”…..will try better just for you….thanks for your input stormtrooper

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT