ADVERTISEMENT

157 - 165 - 174 in 2024/2025

I understand that PSU is loaded with great back ups, but my point wasn't if they were going to contend again, I think we all see that they will, unfortunately, but whether or not they will be down a few notches.

Mirasola will not be Kerk and Barraclough certainly will not be Star.
Does either one of Davis or Nagao transfer, rather than ride the bench? Will Davis redshirt? Wishful thinking most likely. Maybe Nagao rethinks his transfer to PSU, seems like he has regressed this year under Cael. 18 - 4 last year 10 - 4 this year.
They'll be down a notch from what may be a record setting performance. They will be able to reload to a point where there will still be prohibitive favorites to win, just not beat the standard they'll set this year.

I'm guessing Davis will RS next year, unless he wins it all this year. I doubt Nagao is going anywhere unless he loses his spot. Mason Gibson will be in the mix for them in the lightweights next year, too. although it's very likely he'll RS.

Reactions: vhsalum
What in the world? That lineup could blank Iowa if Kueter goes full time football and doesn't wrestle.

125: #1 seed at NCAAs/B1G champ or a 3x U17/U20 silver/gold medalist in Lilledahl
133: 1x AA
141: #2 seed/3rd placer or #7 seed at 149 at NCAAs
149: 3rd placer with wins over Parco (2x), Henson
157: 2nd placer/#1 seed at NCAAs
165: #2 seed, likely highest returning placer
174: Facundo or Zack Ryder
184: Barr
197: A high schooler who just beat multiple NCAA champs and AAs at the US Open.
285: Mirasola #2
I forgot about Facundo. Barraclough, wrestling up at least one weight (he certified at 157 and weighed in at 161 even when wrestling 174), beat a qualifier at 174 (Turley), won 2 tournaments and made the finals in a 3rd, and only has 2 losses on the season - 2-1 to Griffith and 8-5 to Mesenbrink, so I penciled him in at 174, but really, it's more likely Facundo, who beat Barraclough at the Senior Nationals (and finished 3rd after losing to Marinelli in the semis) and then won the Pan-Am Games while on ORS (he's qualified for the Olympic trials next month, too).

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I forgot about Facundo. Barraclough, wrestling up at least one weight (he certified at 157 and weighed in at 161 even when wrestling 174), beat a qualifier at 174 (Turley), won 2 tournaments and made the finals in a 3rd, and only has 2 losses on the season - 2-1 to Griffith and 8-5 to Mesenbrink, so I penciled him in at 174, but really, it's more likely Facundo, who beat Barraclough at the Senior Nationals (and finished 3rd after losing to Marinelli in the semis) and then won the Pan-Am Games while on ORS (he's qualified for the Olympic trials next month, too).
Bottom line is that there will be no more “punt” years for PSU. Maybe they will come back to the pack after Bassett and Forrest graduate.

Guys I said IF Nelson comes back it WILL be at 174. I love Nelson and his family, know them all pretty well but I don’t want it to cost us Gabe. Believe me there is a reason he is not with Carl and his kronies right now. Bringing Nelson back and asking him to go 184 would be very similar situation to what Carl did to him.
If Kueter would go all in on wrestling and the rest of the lineup holds to what I am pretty sure it will look than we would have a legit shot at dethroning Carl.
Carl wanted to do what to who???

What in the world? That lineup could blank Iowa if Kueter goes full time football and doesn't wrestle.

125: #1 seed at NCAAs/B1G champ or a 3x U17/U20 silver/gold medalist in Lilledahl
133: 1x AA
141: #2 seed/3rd placer or #7 seed at 149 at NCAAs
149: 3rd placer with wins over Parco (2x), Henson
157: 2nd placer/#1 seed at NCAAs
165: #2 seed, likely highest returning placer
174: Facundo or Zack Ryder
184: Barr
197: A high schooler who just beat multiple NCAA champs and AAs at the US Open.
285: Mirasola #2
Ryder listed as 190 in high school according to Flo. If true, he must be pretty fat if you think he can make 174

Reactions: Chas2105
Alas, I don't think we or PSU are getting either.

Bassett - tOSU
Forrest - Okiest
I’ve heard the ugly tOSU rumor about Basset, but not the Oki st rumor about Forrest. How the hell is Smith getting blue chip guys in every class again. TOSU has been also, but hasn’t turned it into much winning yet. I thought we had outside chance with Basset because of his style, admiration of Spencer, and he has a fair amount of Iowa stuff in their home wrestling room. I guess the good thing about tOSU is he probably won’t reach his potential 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: vhsalum
Ryder listed as 190 in high school according to Flo. If true, he must be pretty fat if you think he can make 174
Like many high schoolers, he wrestles up to get better competition. Not everyone wants to hate themselves for years on end trying to make weight all the time.

And, given that he’s made 174 repeatedly en route to winning multiple collegiate opens this season, I think he’ll be OK.

Like many high schoolers, he wrestles up to get better competition. Not everyone wants to hate themselves for years on end trying to make weight all the time.

And, given that he’s made 174 repeatedly en route to winning multiple collegiate opens this season, I think he’ll be OK.
Thought he may start at 97 instead of Mirisola, but guess not

157: will be Cali if everything goes according to plan
165: PK
174: Gabe maybe Brands comes back if he does he will be at 174 period.
184: Gabe/transfer
174 will be Gabe next year. If it's not Tom needs to move on.

They'll be down a notch from what may be a record setting performance. They will be able to reload to a point where there will still be prohibitive favorites to win, just not beat the standard they'll set this year.

I'm guessing Davis will RS next year, unless he wins it all this year. I doubt Nagao is going anywhere unless he loses his spot. Mason Gibson will be in the mix for them in the lightweights next year, too. although it's very likely he'll RS.
Gibson will never crack the lineup, too short!

I’m so confused..

fat jew story time GIF by Story Time with Fat Jew

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT